Author Topic: New To Investing Thread  (Read 331771 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New To Investing Thread
« Reply #1500 on: March 27, 2017, 03:00:27 PM »
Pretty insignificant when you put it in perspective of the last few months, though:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 06, 2017, 10:26:07 PM »
Random HSA questions here.

1. I bought some contacts through costco with my HSA card, they come with a $35 rebate. So I get $35 tax/SS/Medicare free?

2. Are there other everyday health related items that offer a rebate on the reg?

3. Should I start a contact company that sells contacts for $3,000 and offers a $2,800 rebate?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 06, 2017, 10:34:10 PM »
Never experimented with this, but I'm pretty sure money back from HSA purchases is supposed to go in your account. Same as if you returned the contacts to Costco.

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #1504 on: April 28, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
Thanks but no thanks TBT, not interested in digital currency.

:lol:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 30, 2017, 07:45:10 PM »
:cool:

https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/28/bitcoin-and-ether-prices-hit-all-time-high/

Grats TBT. I hope you make tons of money but I know absolutely nothing about Cryptocurrency(Correct term?) so I will stay out.

The last time I invested in something I knew absolutely nothing about was when my Dad recommended I buy HEMP. Weed was going to be legal in CO/WA etc and this company was poised to take advantage, hence its huge rise! It was a penny stock that had shot up to $2, I bought in at $1.98. Currently trades at about $.02 a share. I did some more research and yeah....total scam. Only lost a couple hundred but I keep it in my portfolio for 3 reasons.

1. My Shares are worth like $2
2. To remind me not to be an idot
3. Maybe they start the pump up again and I can break even  :pray: :pray: ????

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #1507 on: May 03, 2017, 08:36:26 PM »
Also Litecoin is also a hot buy right now.  I don't know much about it but I just bought some :excited:

The Big Train

« Reply #1508 on: May 03, 2017, 08:42:16 PM »
Pro tip:  Bitcoin is going crazy because the community(engineers) don't know where to go from here. They are talking about a hard fork which would make two different "kinds" of Bitcoin.  That volatility won't last forever so it's really risky right now if you are just getting started down the BTC path.  At least until we know a more concrete future for it.

The Big Train

« Reply #1509 on: May 03, 2017, 09:19:51 PM »
Also Litecoin is also a hot buy right now.  I don't know much about it but I just bought some :excited:

After doing some more research I already have quadrupled my investment.  Blockchain tech in general is great guys and it's only going to get better over time.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: May 04, 2017, 10:36:03 AM »

After doing some more research I already have quadrupled my investment.  Blockchain tech in general is great guys and it's only going to get better over time.
how in the balls does someone with no prior knowledge go about buying litecoin and selling litecoin?

The Big Train

« Reply #1511 on: May 04, 2017, 11:00:57 AM »

how in the balls does someone with no prior knowledge go about buying litecoin and selling litecoin?

Easiest way is find a cryptocurrency exchange, create an account, add some payment options and away you go.  I use CoinBase and really like it.  They have a great app and their online portal is good too.

You can buy with a linked checking account or a credit card.  The credit card is obviously the best way to go because rewards, but also it allows instant buy.  A checking account works but you have like a 4 day waiting period because ACH processing is stupid as crap.

You can set up pricing alerts really easily on CoinBase too for keeping an eye on the market.

The Big Train

« Reply #1512 on: May 04, 2017, 11:09:22 AM »
Pro tip:  Bitcoin is going crazy because the community(engineers) don't know where to go from here. They are talking about a hard fork which would make two different "kinds" of Bitcoin.  That volatility won't last forever so it's really risky right now if you are just getting started down the BTC path.  At least until we know a more concrete future for it.

I mean look at this crap :lol:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: May 18, 2017, 09:39:34 AM »
been watching litecoin and its starting to tank in the last few days.. wonder if this a trend. I have yet to pull the trigger

The Big Train

« Reply #1514 on: May 18, 2017, 09:57:18 AM »
Starting to tank? It's still up $2 since it was added to CoinBase.  The initial spike is over and it's starting to stabilize until Bitcoin tanks and it will jump a lot

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: May 18, 2017, 11:22:40 AM »
Make a separate thread for bitcoin

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: May 18, 2017, 11:24:34 AM »
tanked

The Big Train

« Reply #1517 on: May 19, 2017, 10:49:28 AM »
Holy crap guys Ethereum is up $26 since last week which is a 136% increase. It's also up by $33 since last month which is a 275% increase. :Wha:

Up another $30 since Wednesday and now $115 per ETC.  I bought into this when it was selling in the $11-15 range

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 19, 2017, 11:27:04 AM »
I know a guy that is implementing eth as a payment option in Houston local business, he's doing very well tbt
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #1522 on: May 19, 2017, 11:52:56 AM »
I know a guy that is implementing eth as a payment option in Houston local business, he's doing very well tbt

That's pretty cool, I'd be interested how he's doing that.  ETH was just a byproduct of the Ethereum network and was never projected to grow this much. I got lucky with this one.

The Big Train

« Reply #1523 on: May 21, 2017, 10:39:56 AM »

The Big Train

« Reply #1524 on: May 24, 2017, 12:30:02 PM »