Author Topic: Anthony Bourdain - UPDATED TO BE "DON'T KILL YOURSELF" THREAD  (Read 8186 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Bourdain
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2018, 07:41:38 PM »
Totally agree

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2018, 07:41:57 PM »
both those things are things everyone loved about fatty as well. so maybe that's something to think about if you want everyone to genuinely like you as a human being.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2018, 08:47:20 PM »
I totally agree. Was Fatty ever PI’d from the start? I just need a history lesson from PI’rs.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2018, 08:53:04 PM »
It’s easy to be humble when you literally start a PI board in 2010 and then 2018 hits you in the face all of a sudden, you’re clean from all of it. Everyone in your life has inflicted such an influence.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 09:29:04 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2018, 09:05:14 PM »
You guys started the boys will be boys theme, but laugh at mental illness. You have a part owner who legit fishes for weak ppl on twitter, so he can feed his ego. I love everyone here, but let’s stay consistent.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2018, 09:35:15 PM »
I think you have part of a valid critique. The expectations here are made known early though. If you can hang, great. If not, the board will let you know. I don't feel like people go out of their way to be mean though. I don't feel like this is a breeding ground for bullying. It just has (had?) high standards for posting. Not everyone can go to Harvard. And if you keep showing up for classes even though you weren't accepted, well, things might get very honest.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2018, 09:36:03 PM »
RIP Anthony

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2018, 09:40:15 PM »
I think you have part of a valid critique. The expectations here are made known early though. If you can hang, great. If not, the board will let you know. I don't feel like people go out of their way to be mean though. I don't feel like this is a breeding ground for bullying. It just has (had?) high standards for posting. Not everyone can go to Harvard. And if you keep showing up for classes even though you weren't accepted, well, things might get very honest.

Your posts have as much substance as your avi picture has taste.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2018, 09:55:41 PM »
Fair, but you know what I was getting at.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2018, 09:56:27 PM »
Yeah, no, I get it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2018, 09:58:02 PM »
 :thumbs: Hope all is well.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2018, 09:59:32 PM »
Well, you know, spending my evening on gE to see if people are talking about suicide. It's not as grim as it sounds though.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2018, 10:05:30 PM »
I get every take. I really do. I volunteer to be here. I get what I have coming at me. I legit love everyone here. I just think SD’s take was a little naive and I’m just here to help ppl understand what they might not know. Depression is genetic. How you deal with it, is up to the person dealing with it.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2018, 10:12:49 PM »
I don't know, man. Maybe go back and give his post another look. I didn't really take it that way. But, for sure, depression is a bad mamma jamma that none of us asked for, and not very many of us have a real good handle on how to deal with it. We're all just doing the best we can. Even the people who aren't depressed.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2018, 10:40:36 PM »
Fair and well written. You ever wonder if you were fairly medicated at the time and how things would have turned out with your talent. I always had the arm, but my mind lost it a n the last year.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2018, 10:50:18 PM »
wacky, I normally don't engage when you act weird but my post had nothing at all to do with you and I didn't read any of your posts or anything before posting.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2018, 08:05:22 AM »
wacky, I normally don't engage when you act weird but my post had nothing at all to do with you and I didn't read any of your posts or anything before posting.

He missed the point of your Fatty post entirely. 

SD's not talking about someone being mean, or feeling like they were picked on.   That had nothing to do with what SD posted (and Fatty was NEVER PI'd, BTW).

What SD was talking about were those characteristics that fit one of the profiles that is often associated with the type of mental illness that leads to self harm.  Fatty had that.  He was creatively brilliant.  He was empathetic.  He was hilarious.  He was also depressive, and neurotic and anxiety ridden.  So, apparently, was Anthony Bourdain.  Not everyone with those characteristics kills themselves, and plenty kill themselves who don't have all those characteristics.  But if you, or someone you know, has these characteristics, maybe keep an eye on that.

PETE PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:   A handful of years ago, I went through some things that are quite similar.  I am very happy to report that today I consider life to be worth living.  So, here's the thing...if you feel like that, you really CAN feel better again, but you will need the help of others.  If you ask for it, and you do what they say, it will get better.  You merely need willingness, open mindedness and honesty.  The catch is that you don't get to know HOW it will get better or what "better" will look like. 

But yeah, in the mean time, be nice to each other.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Bourdain - UPDATED TO BE "DON'T KILL YOURSELF" THREAD
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2018, 08:58:26 AM »
I wasn’t trying to be weird, SD. Just adding to the conversation. Thanks for sharing, Pete.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2018, 02:30:17 PM »
um, ya fff and stunner were PI’d
omg yes we pi’d them

they dgaf tho

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2018, 03:45:12 PM »
I never knew fatty, I wish I did tho. Sorry about my takes. Just really animated about mental illness.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2018, 06:23:28 PM »
um, ya fff and stunner were PI’d
omg yes we pi’d them

they dgaf tho

I'll take your word for it, you were on Fans before I was, but I certainly don't remember Fatty being PI'd by anyone.  If anything, he was dishing it out.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2018, 08:40:03 PM »
he pi'd the eff out of people.  and was pi'd in turn.  this (wherever the eff we were) was a rougher place then.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2018, 01:30:00 AM »
he pi'd the eff out of people.  and was pi'd in turn.  this (wherever the eff we were) was a rougher place then.
Yea, I PI'ed him; but only so he would engage with me.  It didn't work most of the time.  This kind of upset me, cause it made me feel like I wasn't important enough for him to have a conversation with.

P.S.  I feel bad about making Fatty jokes the day of his pasting.  I just didn't read earlier posts about his passing, so I didn't know.  I in turn got PI'ed quite a bit for this mistake that I wish I could redo on that day.  Maybe this should be in Hall of Shame thread.  :dunno: 

Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline 114Hickory

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2018, 09:02:55 AM »
Some ppl know how to put up a pretty good front. Sucks.

Yes in all likelihood we all interact somewhat regularly with someone who is one push in the wrong direction from killing themselves.

This.  There is so much occurring behind the public lives we lead.  Many people just want to be known well enough to have someone see beyond the surface and ask, to truly pay attention.