Author Topic: SkinnyBenny's Band of Merry Misfits: Townie Master Thread  (Read 53153 times)

Offline Brocktune

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: SkinnyBenny's Band of Merry Misfits: Townie Master Thread
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
"Marvin from Mars"  was the bald guy.
"Aggieville Bill"  was the skinny guy with the headphones.  All he listened to was train sounds.
Any one remember "Blind Bob" or the "Cat Lady"?

Also,  I pooped in the entryway under C Hall.

Go Mustangs!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2011, 06:28:39 PM »
Never knew that he was called Marvin from Mars.  He was basically Marvin our Next Door Neighbor because we grew up next to the public library and he was always there.

:cheers:  This one's for you Mr. Hobbles.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2011, 06:42:57 PM »
Hey Manhattanites.  What was the story with that old bald homeless dude who always walked around the mall and near the library?  He wore a red hoodie and walked with a limp.  He still around?  

Was in town in the 60's.  Hippie.  Did a ton of LSD.  Moved away.  Reappeared many years later with mental problems.  I heard more about him, but that's all I can remember.  

But remember that kid (true) insomniac who was constantly walking around, listening to his walkman.  Skinny, brown hair.  I talked to him several times because he would go into the bars at night to chat with people.  

billy

He would walk through the mall tossing his 3-liter of soda up in the air to himself.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2011, 06:43:18 PM »
If I had a "my high school/town" thread everyone in that town/high school would know exactly who I am. Enough do already. :blank:

was at a wedding in Meade last summer and someone approached me and told me they love the board.  they were old.  and a woman.  i was, all,  :sdeek:

:horrorsurprise:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2011, 06:48:21 PM »
If I had a "my high school/town" thread everyone in that town/high school would know exactly who I am. Enough do already. :blank:

was at a wedding in Meade last summer and someone approached me and told me they love the board.  they were old.  and a woman.  i was, all,  :sdeek:

was awesome at VegasPAK when random folks would ask us about ksufans. I remember a guy that looked like a prototypical KSU rancher fan was 69Cat or something and was all, "You're Steve Dave?!? Wow! Great to meet you!" and then someone was like, "And this is michigancat" and he was all :blank:

:fatty:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2011, 07:01:16 PM »
:lol:

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2011, 12:01:37 AM »
good work mich, means your doing something right.  :thumbs:

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2011, 01:07:57 AM »
when the folks at the aggieville starbucks know your name, you've made it.

:kstategrad:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2011, 11:09:01 PM »
UFB/Podstar reunion concert at the Bottleneck the night of the wild wild cats' game against OU, FYI.  Mid-afternoon game?  :crossfingers:  Wear a costume, bitches.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2011, 11:26:36 PM »
eff me, ultimate fakebook. forgot all about them. they were the coolest thing to be associated with right around 7th grade.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2011, 05:43:59 PM »
Remember Varsity Gold Cards?  Holy crap those things were  :thumbs: .  Mentioned this in another thread but the BOGO chalupas enabled me to eat 202 chalupas in a calendar year. 

Baja.

No lettuce or fiesta salsa.

Here is your $1.59.  Thank you for these two chalupas for the price of one.

:driving:

Oh and did Butch ever get new TVs for the film room or whatever they were raising money for?  Also, LOL that MHS' new head coach has the last name Schartz.  Joe Schartz.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2011, 05:47:25 PM »
Remember Varsity Gold Cards?  Holy crap those things were  :thumbs: .  Mentioned this in another thread but the BOGO chalupas enabled me to eat 202 chalupas in a calendar year. 

Baja.

No lettuce or fiesta salsa.

Here is your $1.59.  Thank you for these two chalupas for the price of one.

:driving:

Oh and did Butch ever get new TVs for the film room or whatever they were raising money for?  Also, LOL that MHS' new head coach has the last name Schartz.  Joe Schartz.

I know Mrs. Schartz.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2011, 05:58:05 PM »
Marrying into that name:  :frown:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2011, 08:50:41 AM »
How much do you guys love/hate the Manhattan Free Press?  It's a rough ridin' nightmare.  I mean, I like sitting around the Shop Kwik near Alco and reading it/drinking coffee with my grizzled old buddies as much as the next guy, but wow, just wow.  It's so bad.  The pictures are hilariously awful and I can usually find a typo in a headline within about ten seconds, which is really good.  Anybody else worried that out-of-towners stop at our Dairy Queen for a brazier and see the Free Press, then think it's our real newspaper?  I kind of think that's the leading cause of our small-time perception. 

Thanks for keeping us out of the SEC, Manhattan Free Press.   :dubious:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2011, 07:29:56 PM »
How much do you guys love/hate the Manhattan Free Press?  It's a rough ridin' nightmare.  I mean, I like sitting around the Shop Kwik near Alco and reading it/drinking coffee with my grizzled old buddies as much as the next guy, but wow, just wow.  It's so bad.  The pictures are hilariously awful and I can usually find a typo in a headline within about ten seconds, which is really good.  Anybody else worried that out-of-towners stop at our Dairy Queen for a brazier and see the Free Press, then think it's our real newspaper?  I kind of think that's the leading cause of our small-time perception. 

no way, all big timey cities have 2 newspapers, an actual one that everybody reads and another one that probably broke off from the first one that nobody really reads except for the really old bitter townies
I'm purple down

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2011, 07:56:35 PM »

shut your mouth. the free press has an amazing sports section.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2011, 08:03:49 PM »
jon brake is a trip. love that guy.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2011, 08:52:48 PM »

shut your mouth. the free press has an amazing sports section.

:dubious:   <---but very, very pixelated

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2011, 09:04:31 PM »
I'm gonna take a wild wild guess skinny and say that people don't get the Free Press mixed up as the actual Manhattan paper.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2011, 05:22:20 PM »
Updates on things:

Toured the new MHS construction and it is by far the most elite facility in the state.  I haven't been to every single 6A high school in Kansas but after seeing MHS 2.0 I can absolutely guarantee it.  Just crazy.  Astonishing.  Wow, just wow.

...Rumblings that Podstar reunited to play a (half-)townie wedding this weekend...

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2011, 07:33:50 PM »
Updates on things:

Toured the new MHS construction and it is by far the most elite facility in the state.  I haven't been to every single 6A high school in Kansas but after seeing MHS 2.0 I can absolutely guarantee it.  Just crazy.  Astonishing.  Wow, just wow.

...Rumblings that Podstar reunited to play a (half-)townie wedding this weekend...

heard they're giving tours!!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2011, 07:43:28 PM »
Well I got one from a private source but if you're not as elite as me then by all means take a group tour thingy.   :cool:  They're not completely done with constructo, btw, because they still have to work over A-Hall and C-Hall a little bit.  But it's more or less about finished.  Suuuuper elite.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2011, 07:48:40 PM »
Mrs. Braun will give me a tour at the snap of my fingers.

Offline steaksdime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2011, 07:51:19 PM »
"Marvin from Mars"  was the bald guy.
"Aggieville Bill"  was the skinny guy with the headphones.  All he listened to was train sounds.
Any one remember "Blind Bob" or the "Cat Lady"?

Also,  I pooped in the entryway under C Hall.

Go Mustangs!
The bald guy in the red hoody was Russ. He like Diet Shasta. Also, said he used to word at NORAD and would sporadically go missing for weeks at a time.

The Man from Mars was the creep who'd buy pizzas for girls to show him their stuff at City Pool. Also rode his bike all over town in the middle of the street.

I'd heard Blind Bob took a header off of the top steps at Mae's one time.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2011, 10:13:01 PM »

I'd heard Blind Bob took a header off of the top steps at Mae's one time.

:confused: