Author Topic: SkinnyBenny's Band of Merry Misfits: Townie Master Thread  (Read 53157 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
SkinnyBenny's Band of Merry Misfits: Townie Master Thread
« on: August 22, 2011, 09:08:49 PM »
Let me start this off with some very very bad news rumblings/grumblings for townies.  My sources on the inside are telling me that, very shortly, the people doing the renovations at MHS will be taking some very boring white paint and painting over the walls of C-Hall.  The psychedelic odyssey's days are numbered.

:shakesfist: and  :cry:.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:17:59 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: SkinnyBenny's Band of Merry Misfits: Townie Master Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:10:15 PM »
 :eek:  :runaway:
I'm purple down

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 09:10:36 PM »
 :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 09:12:24 PM »
Also as a disclaimer let me say that 'clams and steve dave and all other haters can just go suck an egg with their "I'm too good for townie posts" posts, because this thread is probably gonna be like 5000 pages long and will probably always be at the top.  So eat that.  It will be full of things like good MHK memories, MHK did-you-knows, grumblings about MHK-related things (that aren't related to the airport because that has its own thread), working at Alorica for four weeks and quitting before you have to go out on the floor, etc. 

Sorry we have sweet things to talk about and aren't all from crappy places like Sabetha or Medicine Lodge or whatever.   :dubious:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 09:14:49 PM »
they even took some of the houses down that were behind the tennis courts and the path to the zoo/sophomore lot, mhs is taking over that crap  :comeatme:

Edit: They have a tennis shed now! (sorry if old news)
I'm purple down

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 09:15:21 PM »
favorite c-hall teacher was mr. chandler.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 09:15:57 PM »

mrs. adams ap senior english
I'm purple down

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 09:18:28 PM »
butch albright beat up not once, but twice during school hours while i was a student in one of his classes. also, lets have a come to jesus about c-hall. hot and you have to walk up stairs to get there. no thanks. i'll pass.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 09:19:33 PM »

So glad the best avatar/caption belongs to an MHS Ihndd.    :thumbs:

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:16:19 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 09:20:18 PM »
butch albright beat up not once, but twice during school hours while i was a student in one of his classes.

Beat who up?  Or was beat up?   :dunno:

also, lets have a come to jesus about c-hall. hot and you have to walk up stairs to get there. no thanks. i'll pass.

Another bluejay outed.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:56:16 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 09:22:25 PM »
did they re-do rezac at all? was already a pretty classic/elite auditorium imho.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 09:35:08 PM »
was an aide for him.
was also an aide for butch.

who can guess butchs real name.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 09:37:20 PM »
Clyde   :thumbs:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 09:44:01 PM »
I still remember growing up with my dad as the music professor at K-State and playing center for the Indians before going to wrestle in the hillbilly mountains and finally moving back to KC to teach kindergarten close enough to tailgate at home games.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 09:48:55 PM »
butch albright beat up not once, but twice during school hours while i was a student in one of his classes. also, lets have a come to jesus about c-hall. hot and you have to walk up stairs to get there. no thanks. i'll pass.

Beat who up?  Or was beat up?   :dunno:

beat me up. repeatedly slammed my head into the ground on two dif occasions. also grabbed a friend by the ballsack and stuffed "chew" from his mouth into my friends mouth. that guy had issues. nice enough and all but gosh darn.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:52:33 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 09:51:49 PM »
I still remember growing up with my dad as the music professor at K-State and playing center for the Indians before going to wrestle in the hillbilly mountains and finally moving back to KC to teach kindergarten close enough to tailgate at home games.

God, what a life you must have.

Okay, now some pictures.  Guys what I'm hearing is that construction is going well.  Personally I hate it because I fear change.  My source sent me a bunch of photos that he/she took on his/her cell phone.  

^The new entrance to MHS.  This is a balcony that overlooks where you used to walk in the front and walk up the stairs toward the office.  Also, the designers are clearly saying eff those guys who want us to change the mascot.  (We can debate this vehemently somewhere around page 18.)

^The view from above the re-worked front drive. "From the ledge, you can see KS hill!" says my source.    :eek:

^Inside the new band room.  That's gonna provide the Big Blue with some good acoustics!

^The view from the middle level walkway between the two new additions.

^E-hall, which now might as well be called the ETERNAL HALL, according to my source.  They're going to connect the old hall and extend it north all the way to where F-Hall used to be.  When both spaces are combined it will be 660 feet long.

^Taken from under the ENORMOUS Indian head in the first photo looking back toward the east.  The first pic was taken from that upper walk way.

^The new anatomy lab...cemetery out the window to the north.

Not gonna lie, feels good to have this MHS construction exclusive right here on goEMAW.  Scooping GPC (and of course ksf, lol) again.  Feels good.  Drink it in gang.  Because we got a keg and we're going out to The Rocks.  :cheers:  
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:36:59 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• Fan
  • scintillating scotoma
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 10:10:44 PM »

:surprised:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »
Later, I went on a walkabout during the end of the bush years and kept a journal and wound up in Seattle where everything just kind of crystallized for me.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 10:28:40 PM »
Thank you for making me aware of the fact that I do not give a eff about the color of C-hall.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 10:32:41 PM »
Thank you for making me aware of the fact that I do not give a eff about the color of C-hall.

uh oh. someone seems just a little "too" angry about highschool stuff.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 10:38:09 PM »
Later, I went on a walkabout during the end of the bush years and kept a journal and wound up in Seattle where everything just kind of crystallized for me.

:confused:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 10:40:37 PM »

uh oh. someone seems just a little "too" angry about highschool stuff.

Another Charger outed.   :sdeek:

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 01:21:14 AM »
Nice pics, was going to try to sneak in during Labor Day weekend and check it out but I guess I'm good now.  Tell your source to go take pics of Lee School too.

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 07:06:38 AM »
that looks pretty rough ridin' hot, 'grats townies and future townies.  :thumbs:

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 07:08:36 AM »
pffft
pfffft