Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1334498 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #10525 on: October 12, 2017, 06:26:15 PM »
let me rephrase

i doubt my 6-plus on which i recently installed ios11 could handle it

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: October 12, 2017, 06:37:52 PM »
Anyone?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well, losers, the correct answer was Marrakech. There was even a huge clue in the pic  :Yuck:. Amaze airport, btw.
I legit googled connecting airports to Marrakech and Marrakech airport but it didn't look right. Whoops!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: October 12, 2017, 10:43:33 PM »
HI....never again....on SWA....  :'bye cruel world:

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: October 12, 2017, 11:29:19 PM »
The derp traffic on SW to HI should make normal human being flights so much more enjoyable

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10530 on: October 12, 2017, 11:32:27 PM »
I got to ICT way early Sunday so I could settle in somewhere to watch the 'hawks.  I saw the desk w/outlet setup right after security and set up shop there, and quickly found out I was right next to the SW gate and would get interrupted nonstop by the gate agent getting on the mic to tell everyone how to board.

At half, I found another good setup way down by the alaska gate.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: October 13, 2017, 09:04:44 AM »
I got to ICT way early Sunday so I could settle in somewhere to watch the 'hawks.  I saw the desk w/outlet setup right after security and set up shop there, and quickly found out I was right next to the SW gate and would get interrupted nonstop by the gate agent getting on the mic to tell everyone how to board.

Seats and tables past security? What type of Taj Mahal airport is this???

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: October 13, 2017, 09:15:10 AM »
The derp traffic on SW to HI should make normal human being flights so much more enjoyable
:lol: This rough ridin' guy!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10533 on: October 13, 2017, 09:25:40 AM »

OTOH, featured restaurant chick-fil-a was closed, because Sunday. They should’ve partnered with my chick-fil-gay concept.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: October 13, 2017, 09:28:51 AM »

OTOH, featured restaurant chick-fil-a was closed, because Sunday. They should’ve partnered with my chick-fil-gay concept.
I'd def eat c-f-g

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10535 on: October 13, 2017, 01:57:36 PM »
I pretty much assume all flights to Hawaii are basically SW flights already. :dunno:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: October 13, 2017, 02:28:13 PM »
I never had much of a desire to go to Hawaii but now that the entire Caribbean is mumped for the foreseeable future I guess I will go.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: October 19, 2017, 10:57:30 AM »
Any pro tips on Euro trips? I've always wanted to do Ireland, but I heard it's not worth it. We were going to do Ireland for a few days and then hop over to Italy or something like that. We're just now trying to plan this. I've never been. Trying to do this over Christmas-New Years. Baby pressure from our fams continue to grow because everyone is doing it now and I said I wouldn't do it until I had one last big trip overseas. Pro tips would be great. TIA.

The Big Train

« Reply #10538 on: October 19, 2017, 11:30:20 AM »
I’ve been to Spain and Italy and they were both awesome.  Don’t ever give money to people begging, like ever.  The second you do like 100 more beggars will appear out of nowhere and they might even kick your ass and take your money.

Get a train pass and travel between the countries like that.  I’ve never done it but I have heard it’s fun.  Leave lots of room in your luggage for souvenirs and Cuban rum and cigars.  I want to go back to Europe sometime.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: October 19, 2017, 11:32:35 AM »
 :thumbs: I hear flights are also cheap over there to jump from one spot to the next, but a train sounds way more fun.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: October 19, 2017, 11:37:32 AM »
Did England Scotland and Ireland in two weeks last year. It was right amount of time for us....some would consider it rushed but I can only see so many castles

The Big Train

« Reply #10541 on: October 19, 2017, 11:40:16 AM »
Wacky do you and the Mrs have your passports already?  I had let mine expire and put off renewing it and this past trip I had to pay $60 extra to expedite it.  It takes like 6-8 weeks normally to get it and it’s already $110 to get one.  So make sure you plan accordingly.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10542 on: October 19, 2017, 11:43:06 AM »
steve dave is gonna be so mad

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: October 19, 2017, 11:50:37 AM »
Wacky do you and the Mrs have your passports already?  I had let mine expire and put off renewing it and this past trip I had to pay $60 extra to expedite it.  It takes like 6-8 weeks normally to get it and it’s already $110 to get one.  So make sure you plan accordingly.
Yeah. We're good on that end.  :thumbs:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: October 19, 2017, 11:55:42 AM »
Did England Scotland and Ireland in two weeks last year. It was right amount of time for us....some would consider it rushed but I can only see so many castles

Canary and I are going to do this next year. Fly into Dublin, go north across then down and fly back out of London.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10545 on: October 19, 2017, 12:08:12 PM »

Canary and I are going to do this next year. Fly into Dublin, go north across then down and fly back out of London.
Same trip but did it in reverse order. Added in Western Ireland...Dublin won't take you much time.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: October 19, 2017, 12:10:46 PM »
Any pro tips on Euro trips? I've always wanted to do Ireland, but I heard it's not worth it. We were going to do Ireland for a few days and then hop over to Italy or something like that. We're just now trying to plan this. I've never been. Trying to do this over Christmas-New Years. Baby pressure from our fams continue to grow because everyone is doing it now and I said I wouldn't do it until I had one last big trip overseas. Pro tips would be great. TIA.
What are your desires and constraints? Do you ski? Will be some great skiing in the Alps then. Italy, Switzerland, Austria, (france). Take your pick. Depending how much hopping you're doing, rail might be cheaper, but it really depends. If you'll be moving around a lot, look at a Euro pass. Ryan Air is good for cheap flights, but you're hamstrung by their airport locations and luggage restrictions. If you're in Spain, I recommend a brief trip across the strait to Morocco (beware limited alcohol availability, my man). Go party at Ibiza.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10547 on: October 19, 2017, 12:57:11 PM »

Same trip but did it in reverse order. Added in Western Ireland...Dublin won't take you much time.

As my last name is Scottish, I'm most interested in Scotland. The rest of the trip will just be icing on the cake. Dublin, Belfast, Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and enjoy as much I can in between.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: October 19, 2017, 01:02:17 PM »

As my last name is Scottish, I'm most interested in Scotland. The rest of the trip will just be icing on the cake. Dublin, Belfast, Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and enjoy as much I can in between.
Did Edinburgh and day long tour through the highlands from there. Skipped Glasgow

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10549 on: October 19, 2017, 01:16:57 PM »
What are your desires and constraints? Do you ski? Will be some great skiing in the Alps then. Italy, Switzerland, Austria, (france). Take your pick. Depending how much hopping you're doing, rail might be cheaper, but it really depends. If you'll be moving around a lot, look at a Euro pass. Ryan Air is good for cheap flights, but you're hamstrung by their airport locations and luggage restrictions. If you're in Spain, I recommend a brief trip across the strait to Morocco (beware limited alcohol availability, my man). Go party at Ibiza.

Ireland has always been a desire of mine, because of my heritage, but i'm not sure how green it would be by going in December. Italy and Spain and Switzerland all sound super awesome. I've never ski'd before, but Mrs Wacky loves it and I've always wanted to try it. Not sure if that's the best place to start out at, since it's like, real legit.