Author Topic: E-mail from K-State Student Life !!!  (Read 6885 times)

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
Re: E-mail from K-State Student Life !!!
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 11:45:28 PM »
If you plan to participate, there are ways to lower your risk of trouble. Remember to travel in groups and to stay with your friends. Make a plan ahead of time, including a check-in time and location. Accept only beverages that are closed or that you have observed being filled. Drink plenty of non-alcoholic beverages and remember to eat! Drink alcohol only if you are 21 or older. If you do choose to drink, drink in moderation--only one alcohol drink or less per hour.

jesus christ. why are they trying to act so rough ridin' stupid about this.

edit** - this is about fake patty's day.
You actually read those emails.

LOL at you!
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
fyp, stupid.

Shouldn't you be out campaigning for Grice/Rauth in the super-important SGA elections?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 11:56:22 PM »
Oh yeah here is that brilliant Bob Strawn Quote

the problem here...

is a celebration of being drunk.  this is not the catholic holiday.  this is not a football or sports event of any type or kind.  it is about having a drunken party.  the community gets soiled in so many ways its impossible to measure.  k-state is tarnished.  it has zero redeeming qualities. none. how many girls got pregnant in the stalls?  how many abortions are forthcoming?  how many cars vandalized?  how many fines? and for what?  money.  sorry, there's no defense for this drunken mess.  and i'm confident aggieville owners and those who coyly benefit on the side from this orgy will do the right thing by shutting it down.  bob

Hey Bob, any girl who gets pregnant because she drank too much at Fake Patty's day was destined to drink too much and get knocked up by some rando, anyway.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 12:05:07 AM »
Wouldn't say FPD is lame, stupid....absolutely. But my god is it fun.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 12:12:54 AM »
fyp, stupid.

Shouldn't you be out campaigning for Grice/Rauth in the super-important SGA elections?

This just got real.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:20:29 AM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 12:23:36 AM »
fyp, stupid.

This just got real.

I'll admit my ignorance re: Bob Strawn. I know nothing about his local politics and could care less. Met him once and he seemed like a nice guy.

As for SGA elections and anybody involved with them. Sorry, but:  :lol:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 12:29:51 AM »
He is awful. Trust.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2011, 12:30:35 AM »
who the eff is bob strawn and why is he busting my balls

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 12:59:25 AM »
bob strawn is tmcats.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2011, 01:08:01 AM »
bob strawn is tmcats.
You serious?  I can't decide if tmcats owns tigerboard or vice versa.  It's definitely one of those two though.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »

So good.  :dancing jaycat emoticon for goldbrick:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2011, 09:54:17 PM »
True Story...I know a couple that hooked up on Fake Patty's Day and now they're getting married this Summer. Wish Bob Strawn didn't hate true love.

Know a similar story.  Few years back though - happily married to this day.  :)

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2011, 09:55:52 PM »
Also,

<-------------- Probably has $1,000 more dollars b/c of FPD the past two years.        (green beer)--->:drink:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2011, 11:04:37 PM »
Also,

<-------------- Probably has $1,000 more dollars b/c of FPD the past two years.        (green beer)--->:drink:

ARE YOU THE KITE??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?    :runaway:  :eek:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2011, 11:07:30 PM »
Press release by RCPD.

Released By:   Captain Kurt Moldrup      

For Immediate Release

Proactive Community Response to Fake Patrick’s Day

The Riley County Police Department has been working with interested parties for some time preparing for this year's Fake Paddy's day event, which is typically held in Aggieville one week before the start of the K-State spring break. The event has no formal organizer, but it is promoted and advertised by some Aggieville businesses and K-State students. Fake Patrick’s Day will be held on March 12, 2011. 

The Aggieville Safety Group is an informal gathering of representatives from various stakeholder groups who are interested in promoting a safe, fun, and vibrant atmosphere in Aggieville. Since last spring, the group has been working on a community strategy to address many of the negative issues associated with Fake Patrick’s Day such as overcrowding, public intoxication, traffic/parking congestion, and trash nuisances. The following agencies have made commitments related to the 2011 event.

Riley County Police Department: RCPD has no plan to initially close traffic on any streets within Aggieville. However, barricades will be available on standby to close streets as necessary to better accommodate pedestrian traffic. RCPD will have heavy foot patrol throughout Aggieville and the immediately surrounding neighborhoods. Dedicated staff will be available for parking enforcement and violators will be towed as necessary. Staff will be assigned for overlapping shifts during peak times to maximize police presence. There will be an increased focus on enforcement of alcohol violations.

Aggieville businesses: A group of Aggieville businesses has committed to funding and organizing a first aid triage tent and portable restroom facilities for March 12th. This group may also distribute free bottled water throughout the day.

The Aggieville Business Association (ABA) and K-State Women’s Center are collaborating to develop signage and other advertising materials that promote awareness of safe habits. The signs will be made available for display within Aggieville businesses. ABA will also actively promote www.AggievilleLIVE.com to remind visitors that their actions are visible via live camera feeds. 

The City of Manhattan Fire Department will have staff in Aggieville from mid-morning until bars close to monitor overcrowding.

Kansas State University administration and Student Government Association (SGA) will send targeted messages to students before the event to encourage appropriate behavior. SGA will also extend Safe Ride hours for the weekend.

Fort Riley will extend Riley Rides to 4:00 a.m. on both Friday and Saturday (March 11-12). Marquee signs on the installation will promote responsible drinking and safety messages throughout the weekend.

The City of Manhattan Parks and Recreation Department will rope off available parking areas in City Park and display signage to warn of prohibited parking areas. Staff will circulate to direct visitors away from restricted parking areas.

Offline wetty

• Fan
  • supercool
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2011, 02:11:11 AM »
whats the current over/under on biker cops out on FPD?

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2011, 10:41:11 PM »
I am guessing at least 3.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2011, 10:41:59 PM »
I am guessing at least 3.

pfffft. 3 is how many they have on 9am on a Monday

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2011, 02:28:31 AM »
FPD could be a really grand event. It could be a drunken, safe, destination event if the rough ridin' hayseeds who run Manhattan would loosen their panties a little.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2011, 09:28:41 AM »
evidently k-state will now allow their "brand" on any gear that incorporates fake patty's.

why the hell would they not just use this as a marketing tool to look rough ridin' awesome?