Author Topic: Blow huge holes in movies with LSOC  (Read 50314 times)

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Blow huge holes in movies with LSOC
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 11:01:03 AM »
Hey, ew. Why didn't they just ride the eagles to Mt Doom in the first place? Is there a starwarzy answer for this?

Because the nazgul would have destroyed the eagles had they tried that.  Just because you see the eagles fight and beat the nazgul at the end of the battle does not mean they had  the power to do it earlier.  Plus Frodo or whoever probably would have been too weak to drop it from the eagle in the first place, just like what actually happened when they finally got there.  And the eagles are very independent creatures with their own agenda.  You can't just assume they would just blindly do anything asked of them by the good guys. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 11:36:30 AM »
Sandlot, Ham does that cannonball and soaks all of those girls. No Way I repeat NO WAY does he actually make that big of a splash.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 11:48:04 AM »
In Shawshank, after Andy has escaped through the tunnel, the warden enters his locked cell and finally finds the tunnel behind the poster of Racquel Welch is secured on all 4 corners, even though no one else was in the cell after Andy left through the tunnel.

Oh, I just blew a hole in SR the size of that tunnel.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 12:19:35 PM »
In Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, at the end of the boat chase in Venice, the boat gets chopped up by that huge propeller, and at the last second they abandon the boat and get rescued.  In the quick shot of them mounting the other boat, it shows the boat that just got chopped up as being completely unharmed.   :confused:

I have always loved that movie, but it bugs me every time I see that shot.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 12:20:12 PM »
goonies problem #1- the restaurant, rock and lighthouse all fit the doubloon. lol at thinking 2/3 of those were there at the time that the doubloon was supposedly made.

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 01:09:05 PM »
cartoon transformers:  Omicron eats planets for fucks sake.  If a planet-eating badass robot thing needed the matrix, why did he have worthless megatron (who omicron made into galvatron... still only transforms into a big gun, so what) get it?  And why did he need it?  He eats planets, jfc.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2011, 01:16:17 PM »
1st pee wee herman movie - when he's locking up his bike, and he's pulling the chain out of his basket, you cal CLEARLY see the chain being fed through the bottom of the basket - how the editors missed that? I will never know.

Also, in Godfather 1 - Santino is going to beat the ever living SHlT out of his sister's husband - and the punches are horribly missed. THIS should have been caught.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »
goonies problem #1- the restaurant, rock and lighthouse all fit the doubloon. lol at thinking 2/3 of those were there at the time that the doubloon was supposedly made.

Also lol at how everything wrapped up nicely in the end.  SPOILER ALERT [spoiler] Parents desperate to find their children, cops, media show up at the beach.  I understand that.  bad person bank/real estate douche and his pussy son showing up with paperwork= pretty stupid.  Also the confidence to destroy the paperwork after the mere sight of the "jewels" was brazen.  [/spoiler]

not really plot hole-ish but noteworthy:

• bad person bank/real estate douche's pussy son reading guns and ammo and wearing a one-zie in the bathroom when the pipes blew, then screaming "DADDY!" after falling to the floor.
  • AB/REDS screaming like a weirdo FP: "Andie!  You Goonie!!" when it was clear he wasn't going to get the sex.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 01:32:15 PM »
You guys ever seen that movie District 9?  Seems like there is no way the world would put South Africa would be in charge of that thing.  I mean the World Cup is one thing, but aliens in a slum?  Kind of ruined the whole movie for me.

Who do you think they would put in charge? America? We get up in arms about Mexicans. South Africa is one of the few believable countries that could have been chosen. It's developed enough to keep the aliens from causing trouble, but not developed enough to keep the rest of the world from shitting on them.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2011, 01:36:12 PM »
I appreciate everyone blowing holes in Hollywood hotshot movies but I want to kind of clarify this thread.  It is NOT for nitpicking editing mistakes, like in Toy Story 3 how Mr. Potato head's eye patch is different eyes in different scenes.

It IS however to point out glaring inaccuracies/impossibilities in these so-called "professional writers" movies.  Keep blowing holes, you are my soldiers.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2011, 01:40:12 PM »
In the newest Indiana Jones movie, Indy survives a nuclear blast by sitting in a refrigerator. GMAFB with that.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2011, 02:44:03 PM »
In the newest Indiana Jones movie, Indy survives a nuclear blast by sitting in a refrigerator. GMAFB with that.

Well that's a lot more believable than the alien space ship at the end.  Or Mola Ram reaching in and pulling somebody's heart out of their body and them still being alive.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2011, 02:50:56 PM »
I gotta say, Date Night.  Wouldn't you be able to convince the cops/bad guys that you weren't really some kind of underworld person and you just stole someone's dinner reservation?  It is a pretty obvious truth.  Turned the movie off after 20 minutes.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »
Universal Soldier gmafb.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2011, 03:51:26 PM »
Harry effing Potter.

Sooooo, every single effing bad guy, EVER, is from the house of Slytherin.  How about we just effing kick the house of Slyterin out of the effing school.  That effing talking hat that picks which house you belong to should just say "you're effing out of here" instead of "Slyterin."  Problem solved.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2011, 04:23:48 PM »

Well that's a lot more believable than the alien space ship at the end.  Or Mola Ram reaching in and pulling somebody's heart out of their body and them still being alive.

I'm willing to believe in aliens before I'll believe that you can survive a nuclear blast by sitting in the fridge.

On another note, the aliens at the end of that movie get a lot of hate. They are no more ridiculous than the end of every other Indiana Jones movie.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2011, 04:55:16 PM »

I'm willing to believe in aliens before I'll believe that you can survive a nuclear blast by sitting in the fridge.

On another note, the aliens at the end of that movie get a lot of hate. They are no more ridiculous than the end of every other Indiana Jones movie.

According to Yahoo Answers the fridge scene is possible, however unlikely. 

if you consider a huge luck to begin with,
first of all, you clearly see the sticker on the frige that mentions a lead coating, to protect indy from radiations,

then by luck, his frige gets thrown away soon enough to not melt, and far enough to be safe from radiations, it's more insane luck but why not ?

then the fridge is an old 50's model that has a lock , you can quickly see it when indy closes it, and like it's said in the following scenes, that made fridges a deadly trap , fortunately indy's luck managed to break the lock when the fridge landed so he could get out , while not having taken the risk of getting ejected from the fridge earlier ..
such thing could possibly happen, if you throw 50 fridges that far, you'll probably find a few of them open, why not :D

so last thing, no crushed bone, indy is a hero , it wouldn't happen that easily, probably a matter of ...luck :D sometimes we find victims of various crashes that end up with barely a few bruises and everybody wonders how could it be possible, i just saw on tv that old story about a guy who survived to a parachute opening failure by "landing" in bushes, that's hardly plausible, but it did happen anyway
in the fridge scene, indy just adds several of such events after each other

it's like everything in movies, landing a plane that you never learned to pilot, stop a bomb clock at the last second... everything is technically possible but it's not likely to ever happen outside of a movie ;)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2011, 05:41:33 PM »
Looks like I can still enjoy the latest Indiana Jones, no holes.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2011, 05:46:17 PM »
Motion pictures deserve to have holes blown in them, but not for these types of problems.

Enjoy them.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2011, 05:51:38 PM »
Motion pictures deserve to have holes blown in them, but not for these types of problems.

Enjoy them.

pffft, you said the same thing after your 3rd shot of Turkey. 

I told you that was dumb and I was going to start a thread about it.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2011, 05:56:31 PM »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 06:26:33 PM »

As someone who thinks South Park is not very good anyway, that episode (which Comedy Central more or less forced everyone to watch) really  was stupid.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011, 06:34:22 PM »

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2011, 06:35:55 PM »

As someone who thinks South Park is not very good anyway, that episode (which Comedy Central more or less forced everyone to watch) really  was stupid.

Indiana Jones got raped....Aliens had no business being in that movie!

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2011, 08:36:59 PM »
This thread makes me NOT want to watch movies.  Thought it would be the opposite when I clicked on the link.

http://howitshouldhaveended.com

Just visited that site.  Wow it's horribly put together that is all.