Author Topic: Official 2015 Coaching Carousel (football edition)  (Read 57315 times)

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2015 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2015, 11:37:58 AM »
Iowa State has had one 9+ win season in 110 years. I mean lol at the fans outraged that Les Miles isn't their new coach.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2015, 11:38:31 AM »
Sec admin are rough ridin' stupid

It really is crazy. I get that Richt never got them to the elite level and never really into the NC discussion besides the 01 season, but he still won over 73% of his games and had really good teams nearly every season.
At the same time, he isn't getting them to a level they want to be. Why keep him around if you don't think that will happen?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2015, 11:42:36 AM »
Clones got their guy. I thought they would luck into Fleck, thank god

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/583182

University of Toledo head football coach Matt Campbell has agreed to become the next head football coach at Iowa State.

The Rockets attempted to offer Campbell an extension that would have made him the highest-paid coach in the Mid-American Conference, but Campbell agreed to take the ISU job, a source with knowledge of the situation told The Blade earlier Sunday morning.

UT director of athletics Mike O'Brien confirmed that UT attempted to make Campbell the highest-paid coach in the MAC.

“We think very highly of Matt Campbell and have made him a very generous offer to keep him as our head football coach,” O'Brien said in a text message.

The Rockets' offer was for more than $800,000 in total, a different source said, but ISU's offer "significantly" trumped Toledo's.

Iowa State will pay Campbell's $200,000 buyout, and the Rockets will begin the evaluation process for a new coach immediately.

Campbell reunites with ISU running backs coach Louis Ayeni, who coached alongside Campbell at Toledo for two years. Upon earning the head job at Toledo, Campbell made Ayeni his associate head coach for his first two full seasons on the job.

Campbell is 35-15 as a head coach.

LOL at thinking they were keeping that dude from a Power 5 school for $800,000. My god this just emphasizes how pathetic KU is.

I mean what can Toledo do? They have to do something to show the boosters that they tried. It was a good effort on their part, but it had no shot of working, and they knew that. It was a ceremonial gesture.

You're right on KU, but no one decent was going to take that job, so why set more money on fire?  They're better off letting him dig out of the scholarship hole and resetting in 2019 or 2020.  Maybe they can get something that resembles a facility upgrade by then.

But, damn, that's a crap job.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2015, 11:48:19 AM »

It really is crazy. I get that Richt never got them to the elite level and never really into the NC discussion besides the 01 season, but he still won over 73% of his games and had really good teams nearly every season.
At the same time, he isn't getting them to a level they want to be. Why keep him around if you don't think that will happen?
but he has? rough ridin' spoiled ass people

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2015, 11:50:41 AM »
I would take richt in a heartbeat

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2015, 11:54:15 AM »
I would take richt in a heartbeat

He'd be a home run.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2015, 12:03:38 PM »
Have to think he will be MU coach by end of week
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2015, 12:05:20 PM »
The players want the dc.  Maybe richt would retain

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2015, 12:05:36 PM »
Regardless he'll have his pick

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 29, 2015, 01:58:25 PM »
Richt has a great record, but is he that good? Most of the East has been crap while he's been there (minus Meyer's Florida teams) and he plays in an extremely talent rich state/region. And GTech doesn't recruit the same WRs, QBs, or RBs for the most part.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 29, 2015, 02:05:21 PM »

Fair point. The measuring stick is Saban/Bama for any good program in the SEC, and he really hasn't been close to that. Of course only Miles has, and he almost just got fired.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2015, 02:11:51 PM »

Fair point. The measuring stick is Saban/Bama for any good program in the SEC, and he really hasn't been close to that. Of course only Miles has, and he almost just got fired.
At the same time, Florida, Auburn, Florida State, and now Clemson have all won or played for national titles in Richt's tenure, and they're all close by with similar resources. Why shouldn't Georgia expect to do the same at some point?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2015, 02:29:29 PM »
I'm confused by some of you, Richt has been less successful than LHC Bill Snyder and he's been at freaking Georgia. Why would you want someone that is worse than at least four current coaches in the conference?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2015, 02:53:25 PM »
Plus he is old and stopped recruiting
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2015, 04:18:53 PM »
God.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2015, 04:52:44 PM »
Will Richt be willing to come on with Kevin Kietzman once a week?

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2015, 06:38:42 PM »
Dino Babers to UCF.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2015, 06:57:24 PM »

Dino Babers to UCF.

Who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Official 2015 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2015, 07:02:28 PM »

Dino Babers to UCF.

Who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems like a renocat nickname.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2015, 07:17:55 PM »
I'm sure there was more money, but Bowling Green to UCF is a lateral move, especially considering it's a rebuild.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2015, 07:45:52 PM »
I'm sure there was more money, but Bowling Green to UCF is a lateral move, especially considering it's a rebuild.

'crutin, and the American is definitely a step up from the MAC. If you ask Ubben UCF is a better job than Iowa State :lol: BGSU is pretty much maxed out on their potential, when the CFP moved to 6 or 8 you in theory could make a run to the championship in the American.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2015, 07:56:05 PM »

'crutin, and the American is definitely a step up from the MAC. If you ask Ubben UCF is a better job than Iowa State BGSU is pretty much maxed out on their potential, when the CFP moved to 6 or 8 you in theory could make a run to the championship in the American.
I agree that it's a slightly better job, but if he can win the MAC he would've been a candidate for one of the P5 jobs. Most MAC coaches don't leave for jobs in the AAC.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2015, 08:06:01 PM »
Richt sucks
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2015, 10:59:30 PM »

'crutin, and the American is definitely a step up from the MAC. If you ask Ubben UCF is a better job than Iowa State BGSU is pretty much maxed out on their potential, when the CFP moved to 6 or 8 you in theory could make a run to the championship in the American.
I agree that it's a slightly better job, but if he can win the MAC he would've been a candidate for one of the P5 jobs. Most MAC coaches don't leave for jobs in the AAC.

Illinois people thought he had that job, maybe he was just ready to get the hell out of Bowling Green,  OH

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2015, 12:11:56 AM »
Richt is super religious (goes to my grandpa's church) and knows the meaning of #family (adopted two Ukrainian kids). Our dumbass herda hadda fans will welcome him with open arms. Which probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, I guess. I mean, it's not the sexiest hire ever or anything but at least it's not Dana Dimel.

Also he has had tons of criminals at UGA, which means I would also welcome him with open arms.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12