Author Topic: Huggins WTF  (Read 12131 times)

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Huggins WTF
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 01:28:33 PM »
who gives  a crap?

I need to believe in my Huggins hate.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 01:34:36 PM »
Under your premise, Huggins not only bolted after a year but made himself our hiring committee.  The appreciate/hate Huggs mindset still applies.  Just because it worked out doesn't give Huggins a pass for making KSU his bitch.  He didn't do it because he loves KSU.  He did it to help one of his boys.

yeah, not saying it is necessarily logical for kstate fans to be appreciative.  just that it is logical for martin (and i guess hill).

Gotcha.  I'm still arguing the "why sd/trim are incredulous that any EMAW doesn't want Huggs dead" point.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 02:02:26 PM »
It's easy for Huggins to say that he remained loyal to Martin and Hill when he knew that he had no shot at Beasley.  I think he'd be crazy not to go after Beasley if he had a chance to land him.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 02:17:34 PM »
possible that huggins ended initial efforts to take the recruits when martin and hill were hired?

IMHO this is exactly what happened.  Huggs wasn't going to mess over Frank and Dalonte, but guaranteed he could have Caliparied K-State if he had wanted to, but it would've been much worse for us.  If Tim had went out and tried to get some SLTH, we'd be 2-7 right now and saying the same stupid stuff as Nebraska and Iowa State fans.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 02:53:25 PM »
No matter how you try to rationalize it, Huggins is a slimy POS.  Always has been.  Some of us recognized that he was a slimy POS while he was here and were okay with that.  Others said, "No, he's really a good guy.  He's just misunderstood."  GMAFB.  Yeah, he didn't pursue Beasley because he didn't want to steal him away from his coaching buddy.  Maybe he learned his lesson about that from before when he stole Beasley away from his coaching buddy.  GM another FB.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 02:56:45 PM »
No matter how you try to rationalize it, Huggins is a slimy POS.  Always has been.  Some of us recognized that he was a slimy POS while he was here and were okay with that.  Others said, "No, he's really a good guy.  He's just misunderstood."  GMAFB.  Yeah, he didn't pursue Beasley because he didn't want to steal him away from his coaching buddy.  Maybe he learned his lesson about that from before when he stole Beasley away from his coaching buddy.  GM another FB.

Agree with all of that. 

But if I liked him in all his sliminess when he was here, so I have no reason to hate him at WV, not that I go out of my way to cheer for or follow the Eers.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2010, 03:18:54 PM »

That announcement means it appears the only ones to make the move to West Virginia will be assistant Erik Martin, a former Cincinnati Bearcat player under Huggins, and K-State intern Josh Eilert, who will take over as Director of Basketball Operations.

Biggest WTF from this entire scenario might be Eilert going from a banker in BFE Kansas to a glorified manager on Wooly's staff to a member of a HOF coach's staff (on a top ten team) in the span of two years.

i can beat that. went to highschool w/ a guy that was a pretty good baseball player. didn't play a down of football in highschool though. somewhere around halfway through college he went to a super small college/school and played wide receiver. he just got announced as the chicago bears qb coach.

also, if i didn't know better i would swear that i am tampa2isdead from this chicago bears board that i just found when googling the guy. http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/2051551.aspx
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 03:39:21 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline canadian_breeze

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2010, 03:36:58 PM »
bears suck

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2010, 03:48:52 PM »
possible that huggins ended initial efforts to take the recruits when martin and hill were hired?

IMHO this is exactly what happened.  Huggs wasn't going to mess over Frank and Dalonte, but guaranteed he could have Caliparied K-State if he had wanted to, but it would've been much worse for us.  If Tim had went out and tried to get some SLTH, we'd be 2-7 right now and saying the same stupid stuff as Nebraska and Iowa State fans.

We need to be thankful that Huggs was slimy enough to force the Ws to hire Frank.  Don't you all remember the "Beasley and the recruits all have signed LOI, a SLTH could still keep them" nonsense? 

If Huggs doesn't give our "leadership" at the time no choice but to hire Frank or get "Caliparized"  WTF do you think Wiser and Wefald  would have done?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2010, 03:58:26 PM »
We need to be thankful that Huggs was slimy enough to force the Ws to hire Frank.  Don't you all remember the "Beasley and the recruits all have signed LOI, a SLTH could still keep them" nonsense? 

If Huggs doesn't give our "leadership" at the time no choice but to hire Frank or get "Caliparized"  WTF do you think Wiser and Wefald  would have done?

Are you suggesting that Huggins is the only one who would have been interested in trying to take those recruits?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 05:15:19 PM »

That announcement means it appears the only ones to make the move to West Virginia will be assistant Erik Martin, a former Cincinnati Bearcat player under Huggins, and K-State intern Josh Eilert, who will take over as Director of Basketball Operations.

Biggest WTF from this entire scenario might be Eilert going from a banker in BFE Kansas to a glorified manager on Wooly's staff to a member of a HOF coach's staff (on a top ten team) in the span of two years.

i can beat that. went to highschool w/ a guy that was a pretty good baseball player. didn't play a down of football in highschool though. somewhere around halfway through college he went to a super small college/school and played wide receiver. he just got announced as the chicago bears qb coach.

also, if i didn't know better i would swear that i am tampa2isdead from this chicago bears board that i just found when googling the guy. http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/2051551.aspx

Seems like a good guy to know if he were umping in the city league when you were coaching a team of 4th graders to the city league title.  i dunno, just got that hunch.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2010, 06:16:47 PM »
who gives  a crap?

Yeah I see what you did there :lol:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2010, 06:44:48 PM »

Are you suggesting that Huggins is the only one who would have been interested in trying to take those recruits?

I believe Huggs was the threat that made Weiser and Wefald do the right thing and hire Frank as they were as upset with him leaving as some of our red ass fans still are today. 

I am afraid if Huggs tells the them "I really appreciate you guys taking a chance on me and reabilitating my image so I will not try to take any commits"  then we have a Mark Fox or Ritchie McKay for a coach and Wednesday's game against NU is one of the biggest of the season as we try to escape SLTH hell.

Offline W|LDCAT

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2010, 10:23:33 PM »

Ultimately, we owe this success to Tim Weiser. Yes, he probably kept Wooldridge too long, but the hiring of Huggs and then keeping Frank and Dalonte was the absolute best thing that could have ever happened to K-State men's basketball. Wefald had a lot to do with this decision as well. Wefald really wanted to keep the players and wanted Weiser to do whatever it took to keep Beasley and Walker. So, that is what happened.

Also, how can anyone truly blame a coach for wanting to take players and staff with him to his alma mater and new coaching job? After all, he brought most of them anyway. When K-State wanted to keep Frank, Huggs backed off. Personally, the conspiracy theorist in me thinks that that his may have all been set up between Frank and Huggs when Huggs came to Manhattan. Really, any fan could tell that Huggs never really wanted to be here. I remember when Frank would fill in for Huggs on the radio and at the radio shows. I could tell that Frank enjoyed his job and had a fondness for the fans and Manhattan. Huggs never showed that.

Guys, Bob Huggins is not our enemy. I know many of you will disagree. To him, personally, WV was a better opportunity. Period. And look at us now. I say: "Thank you, Bog Huggins. Whether you knew it then or not, you done us good."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2015, 12:58:04 PM »
Was just spotted walking through kci

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2015, 01:25:21 PM »
He is on the phone and somebody recognized him and asked to take a photo with him. Bob obliged but kept frowning and talking on the phone during the photo :lol:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2015, 01:36:45 PM »
Update Bob is sitting in first, and just ordered a bourbon on the rocks. We have not pushed back yet

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2015, 01:39:32 PM »
Thought Huggs was a Johnny Blue guy. Can't understand him ordering bourbon unless he's already drunk.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2015, 02:10:04 PM »
where is the flight going mocat?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2015, 03:34:50 PM »
Dtw. He switched to white wine

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2015, 06:10:49 PM »
Let the guy drink in peace. Sheesh.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2015, 09:02:57 PM »
lol

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2015, 09:30:40 PM »
i miss him so much.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2015, 09:38:20 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2015, 10:25:59 PM »
mocat was lit with huggins  :Wha:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite