Author Topic: Chet  (Read 5808 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Chet
« on: July 16, 2015, 10:15:14 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Chet
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:16:05 AM »
What is a good way to rally support for this trainwreck of a season.....hmmmm how about some Bill Cosby rape jokes?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:17:04 AM »
Well, I am in.  How much are season tickets now?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:23:06 AM »
Maybe oscar has some good Polish jokes?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 10:27:10 AM »
meh

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 10:29:54 AM »
Is this a more or less offensive social media mishap than Marcus Foster and Tre Harris high on spring break? At first I think rape joke, but then I remember that Marcus and Tre were college athletes and Chet is a coach and I want to take his side in every circumstance because that makes me a better fan.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 10:31:47 AM »
Pretty stellar 12 hours for K-State Sports social media  :flush:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 10:48:37 AM »
I hesitate to even say anything, obviously I don't agree with what Goolsby said, but it was well within the realm of a serious social/political position and he wasn't name calling or being immature about it.  He has a perspective.

For a coach to IG out that crap is unreal.  Chet has had lots of stupid meme stuff before, and that was fine as far as it went.  But this is just a really bad look.  How are you supposed to be talking to young men about how to carry themselves when you are acting like a clown on your social media and don't know how to carry yourself as a professional?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 10:55:38 AM »
That's a joke about what a piece of crap Pill Cosby is.  It's fine, except in the extremely rare (for many reasons) chance that there's a die-hard Cosby supporter that's also an awesome hoops player that we're recruiting.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 10:59:31 AM »
I choose not to be offended by this.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 11:01:17 AM »
That's a joke about what a piece of crap Pill Cosby is.  It's fine, except in the extremely rare (for many reasons) chance that there's a die-hard Cosby supporter that's also an awesome hoops player that we're recruiting.

It's probably not great to make fun of rape, even if the joke is at the expense of the rapist. Like, if someone gets murdered, and someone makes a hilarious meme about the murderer, I'm sure it's not making the family of the deceased feel any better.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 11:02:24 AM »

It's probably not great to make fun of rape, even if the joke is at the expense of the rapist. Like, if someone gets murdered, and someone makes a hilarious meme about the murderer, I'm sure it's not making the family of the deceased feel any better.

Norm's SNL weekend updates are going to be severely hampered.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 11:05:20 AM »
Is this a more or less offensive social media mishap than Marcus Foster and Tre Harris high on spring break? At first I think rape joke, but then I remember that Marcus and Tre were college athletes and Chet is a coach and I want to take his side in every circumstance because that makes me a better fan.

It's worse because Chet's a grown up.

for the rest of the morons ITT, keep in mind you can not necessarily be offended by it and still admit it's worse than what Tre and Marcus did, given their respective circumstances.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 11:08:44 AM »

for the rest of the morons ITT, keep in mind you can not necessarily be offended by it and still admit it's worse than what Tre and Marcus did, given their respective circumstances.

I don't think either mishap is really all that bad. Bill Cosby deserves everything he's getting, and if college kids want to get lit on the beach, good for them.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 11:10:27 AM »

That's a disingenuous comparison.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 11:10:42 AM »

I don't think either mishap is really all that bad. Bill Cosby deserves everything he's getting, and if college kids want to get lit on the beach, good for them.

yeah but one led to two kids getting kicked off the team

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 11:11:29 AM »

I say this as a former Doug Gottlieb supporter, Chet's social media presence should not be given the same latitude as a stand up comedian.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 11:12:08 AM »

Yeah. The kids getting kicked off the team should have led to a coach getting fired.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 11:15:18 AM »
I'll agree that Chet's not in a good position currently and perhaps more importantly, not smart/funny enough, to be trying out those sorts of comedic chops.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 11:15:41 AM »
I don't think there's been enough Cosby bashing in the media. It's been very quiet. Ho hum...

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2015, 11:16:55 AM »
I'll agree that Chet's not in a good position currently and perhaps more importantly, not smart/funny enough, to be trying out those sorts of comedic chops.

I watched an entire documentary about the aristocrats dirty joke, I don't think it would be good if LHC Bill Snyder told that at Big XII media days to warm up the crowd.  Wait, what am I talking about.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2015, 11:18:01 AM »

Yeah. The kids getting kicked off the team should have led to a coach getting fired.

In a vacuum, I disagree, but if the other posts about what others on the team were saying happened, then yes.  It really seems like there are much more indicators out there showing a lack of organization and dreadful management.  This could be looked at as part of that.  Chet has the right to social media, but as a coach, it's a tool, not an outlet for personal expression, and he just represented the team with a rape joke.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 11:18:27 AM »
I don't think there's been enough Cosby bashing in the media. This has been very quiet. Ho hum...

He was tried, convicted, and executed in the jury of public opinion quite a few months ago. I don't think it's been easy to muster up (again) the outrage that everyone already got out of their system quite awhile ago.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2015, 11:19:41 AM »

I watched an entire documentary about the aristocrats dirty joke, I don't think it would be good if LHC Bill Snyder told that at Big XII media days to warm up the crowd.  Wait, what am I talking about.

I've got that DVD!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2015, 11:27:41 AM »
I don't think there's been enough Cosby bashing in the media. It's been very quiet. Ho hum...

The ... indicates you have something awful to say about this.