Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 653093 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
flood of goals!
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
What a rough ridin' trash club.  I get parking the bus, but eff me Dallas is worthless.

3 points tonight, rough rider :comeatme:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
weird post oscar fan...but I like your zeal.

ALso how  :sdeek: :sdeek: :sdeek: was Marrufo tonight?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Search
Home
Scores
Transfers
Teams toggle
Leagues toggle
Cups toggle
Video
More toggle
Open NavigationESPN FC Home
SCORES

BY ESPN STAFF
ShareTweet
2 hours ago
Bastian Schweinsteiger signs with Chicago Fire from Manchester United

Bastian Schweinsteiger is set to be the latest big name to join Major League Soccer.
World Cup winner Bastian Schweinsteiger has completed a move to join the Chicago Fire, the Major League Soccer club confirmed to the Chicago Tribune on Monday night.

The Manchester United midfielder has been a long-term target for Chicago, having been spotted meeting with Fire manager Veljko Paunovic in November.

And with the former Germany star out of Jose Mourinho's plans at Old Trafford, he could join up with the Fire as early as next week, pending only a visa and a medical, the Tribune reported.

"We're adding someone who has won at every level, including the very highest levels, and has done so in a way that is consistent with our values," Fire general manager Nelson Rodriguez told the paper.

"We as a club will now be forced to hold ourselves to a higher standard, an accountability level. Previously, I think we could satisfy ourselves with what is known domestically. Now we need to rise to a standard that is set more internationally."

Schweinsteiger signed a designated player contract that will give pay him $4.5 million in 2017, according to the Tribune, which also said the deal is for one year with a mutual option for the future.

A former Bayern Munich legend, Schweinsteiger joined Man United in 2015 but has been restricted to just 18 appearances for the club after falling out of favour with Mourinho in the summer of 2016.

The 32-year-old was told he was free to find another club, but despite interest from the MLS, China and Italy, Schweinsteiger opted to stay at United and fight for his place, at the same time as training away from the first team with the club's youngsters.

After scoring against Wigan in the FA Cup on Jan. 29, Schweinsteiger has only made one substitute appearance for United in the Europa League on Feb. 22.

"Throughout my career, I've always sought opportunities where I hoped to make a positive impact and to help make something great," Schweinsteiger said in a statement the Fire provided to the Tribune.

"My move to Chicago Fire is no different. Through my conversations with Nelson and [coach Veljko Paunovic], I'm convinced by the club's vision and philosophy and I want to help them with this project."

The Fire have finished with the lowest point total in MLS the past two seasons and have only played in one playoff game since reaching the conference finals in 2009.

Schweinsteiger will join forwards David Accam and Nemanja Nikolic as DPs with Chicago, which also moved to add midfielders Dax McCarty and Juninho in the offseason.

The Fire have started the 2017 season with a win, a draw, and a defeat, most recently losing 4-0 to expansion side Atlanta United on Saturday.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Chicago will still be absolute crap

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Chicago will still be absolute crap

A 32 year old Schweinsteiger making $4.5 mil for the Chicago Dumpster Fire is a match made in heaven

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
so SKC is pretty awful this year or what?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
nobody knows yet...

unbeaten through three games tho :users:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Probably no different than last year. Get in as the 5th or 6th seed and lose a road playoff game with shitty reffing.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Benny didn't travel to Toronto.

Also, 538 is doing MLS science this year:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/mls/

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
USL is launching in 2019 and operating a Division 3 league. Only 8 clubs will be required, minimum stadium capacity is 1,000 (compared to 5,000 for D2), lead owner must own at least 35% of the team, and have a net worth of $10m. I will be interested to see what happens here. I wonder if MLS/USL will allow clubs with an MLS and USL club to also have a 3rd club put in this new 3rd Division/Division 3 league.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
USL is launching in 2019 and operating a Division 3 league. Only 8 clubs will be required, minimum stadium capacity is 1,000 (compared to 5,000 for D2), lead owner must own at least 35% of the team, and have a net worth of $10m. I will be interested to see what happens here. I wonder if MLS/USL will allow clubs with an MLS and USL club to also have a 3rd club put in this new 3rd Division/Division 3 league.

Wichita and Des Moines :excited:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Wichita and Des Moines :excited:

what leagues are those cities in right now? i think Wichita is in that NPLS?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sporting @ Red Canada FC tonight at 6:30 on FS1

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Menace are in the USL PDL, and yes FC ICT are in the NPSL. The Menace are a lot more likely to be in this new league although I'd imagine it will be a regional league or a league split into regional divisions.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Exiting first 4 minutes. Both teams are gunning for it in from the gun.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Menace are in the USL PDL, and yes FC ICT are in the NPSL. The Menace are a lot more likely to be in this new league although I'd imagine it will be a regional league or a league split into regional divisions.
I'm betting USL2 will be be an East and West conference with no crossover similar to USL1.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Another nil-nil

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Saint Louis' MLS dreams died last night when 58,000 voters voted NO 53% to 47% on a half-cent business use tax to fund $60m for a downtown Saint Louis SSS. This will likely end the STL bid and mean it won't be an option until they eventually are awarding teams 29-32

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
st louis  :lol:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No benny again tonight.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Nice result tonight.  Great to see Dom finally get the lid off.  Curious what happened post game between he and Howard.