Author Topic: Makol Mawien  (Read 96556 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Makol Mawein
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2018, 12:37:53 PM »
people like to act like Pervis Pasco wasn't a really good player. And it's a shame.

Also I don't care how Mawien played defense last night he is garbage. IMO credit goes to the guards and a good plan of attack from oscar.

Also nothing infuriates me more than Wade looking to feed it to Stockard or Mawien in the post and if they get it they try to score. Just awful.

It's amazing how .7 seconds completely changed the perception of a basketball player. I think 98% of people who were actual K-State basketball fans back then know Pervis was a solid player. The problem there aren't very many of us who watched K-State basketball during that time. I will say that his numbers aren't nearly as good as I remembered them to be,  he averaged 11 & 8 over 30 mpg.

I was going to say wooly played really slow (which he did) but I looked it up and somehow oscar's team this year plays slower than that Wooly team.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2018, 12:45:49 PM »
people like to act like Pervis Pasco wasn't a really good player. And it's a shame.

Also I don't care how Mawien played defense last night he is garbage. IMO credit goes to the guards and a good plan of attack from oscar.

Also nothing infuriates me more than Wade looking to feed it to Stockard or Mawien in the post and if they get it they try to score. Just awful.

It's amazing how .7 seconds completely changed the perception of a basketball player. I think 98% of people who were actual K-State basketball fans back then know Pervis was a solid player. The problem there aren't very many of us who watched K-State basketball during that time. I will say that his numbers aren't nearly as good as I remembered them to be,  he averaged 11 & 8 over 30 mpg.

I was going to say wooly played really slow (which he did) but I looked it up and somehow oscar's team this year plays slower than that Wooly team.

The thing is we play slowly more because of our defense than our offense.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2018, 12:46:31 PM »
who acts like pervis wasn't good?  this happening in some back alleyways in the outskirts of oakland or something?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2018, 01:37:19 PM »
Whoever catches a ball and runs with it, saying he is #1, in under a second, thus giving the other team the
ball and then a clutch 3 to win the game, in my book........is not good at basketball :sdeek: :buh-bye:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2018, 01:43:56 PM »
who acts like pervis wasn't good?  this happening in some back alleyways in the outskirts of oakland or something?

IMO the original pasco mention ITT implied he wasn't very good. As in "all we need is Pervis Pasco" as if he was a very pedestrian big for KSU.

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2018, 01:46:15 PM »
 :Wha:
george hill and hamilton strickland were both far worse

I can’t get over the fact that George Hill’s genes produced a talented athlete.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2018, 02:04:43 PM »
I will always contend that George Hill is the worst player I've ever seen at K-State. Canby would be up there too, Mawien is much better than those two.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2018, 02:18:08 PM »
Pasco was a solid big 12 big.

I’m implying that we are a solid big 12 big away from being a top 15 team.

Could have said DJamer I guess but I think a pasco type would help more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2018, 02:24:13 PM »
I will always contend that George Hill is the worst player I've ever seen at K-State. Canby would be up there too, Mawien is much better than those two.

Les Craft had hands of stone.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2018, 02:27:42 PM »
Ivan Sulic?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2018, 02:31:19 PM »

I'm not convinced Mawien is any better than Canby at all, but Canby also never never played more than 15% of minutes. Mawien plays 43% of minutes, which is more than Justin Williams played. (Williams was pretty decent IIRC!)

The only player I can think of who played as much as Mawien and was as bad as him was maybe Richie Terry. But even then I'm pretty sure Mawien is worse.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2018, 02:48:08 PM »

I'm not convinced Mawien is any better than Canby at all, but Canby also never never played more than 15% of minutes. Mawien plays 43% of minutes, which is more than Justin Williams played. (Williams was pretty decent IIRC!)

The only player I can think of who played as much as Mawien and was as bad as him was maybe Richie Terry. But even then I'm pretty sure Mawien is worse.

Perhaps. I'm probably biased because Mawien's per 100s, etc. for the season aren't that bad.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2018, 02:48:29 PM »
Jack Karapetyan played 3.3 minutes in a cats uniform and is worse than anyone you can type into this message board
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2018, 02:53:41 PM »
Joe Leonard?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2018, 02:59:32 PM »

4th best rebounder and 5th best for blocks since 2002. (per 100)

I remember the tempo under Wooly being slow but it must have been glacial if 8 RPG rates as 4th best tempo free the last 26 years

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2018, 03:01:58 PM »

4th best rebounder and 5th best for blocks since 2002. (per 100)

I remember the tempo under Wooly being slow but it must have been glacial if 8 RPG rates as 4th best tempo free the last 26 years

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2018, 03:29:40 PM »

IMO the original pasco mention ITT implied he wasn't very good. As in "all we need is Pervis Pasco" as if he was a very pedestrian big for KSU.

no, that's not what he meant

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2018, 03:30:39 PM »

hill was terrible but he got minutes
ham and johnnie williams were so bad they couldn't even sniff the floor

much worse than anything we have in our program today

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2018, 03:32:35 PM »

no, that's not what he meant
You're probably right

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2018, 04:06:38 PM »

Decent with corn rows, elite with the afro

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2018, 04:20:40 PM »

I can't believe we got this far with those three mentioned and nobody brought up dax jones.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2018, 04:31:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure that I read an article about how Manny Dies was the worst ever

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2018, 05:31:28 PM »

I can't believe we got this far with those three mentioned and nobody brought up dax jones.
omg.  our poster dax has completely erased the player dax from my mind

The Big Train

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2018, 09:03:36 PM »
Jack Karapetyan played 3.3 minutes in a cats uniform and is worse than anyone you can type into this message board

I gave him a pretty good send off video tho

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2018, 09:27:48 PM »

I hate the crap out of Dax Jones