Author Topic: Purdue Game Analysis  (Read 6965 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: Purdue Game Analysis
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2014, 12:34:30 PM »
Purdue's guards are pretty bad by power conference standards other than Stephens and all he's good at is shootng threes (possibly great at it).  Terone (graduated) and Ronnie (transferred out) Johnson last season were better than what they have now, particularly on defense.  They'll really struggle again in conference.  NIT at best says this dossie hawk.

Yeah, Big Ten has potential to get credit as best conference though because:

Wisconsin
Michigan St.

Michigan
Ohio St.
Illinois
Nebraska
Maryland?
Purdue?
Minny?

Man, the Big Ten could be really stacked.  I think there is a distinct possibility that the league gets 7 or 8 teams.  Purdue could sneak in there if they can beat up on the bottom of the conference (which is terrible) and don't crap the bed the rest of the way in non-con.

Purdue isn't good enough to win on the road at PSU and NW.  Maybe Rutgers, I don't really know anything about them other than that they're supposed to be rough ridin' awful. 

I'm really down on Purdue's guards.  Hammons is a lazy fp, tc and that freshman gloid won't be effective in conference.  He'll just foul a lot and look like a rough ridin' idiot constantly. 

You could be right of course, but they were 16–18 (8–10) and 15–17 (5–13) the past two seasons and they didn't add an immediate impact recruiting class or big-time transfer in the offseason.  This is a bad program right now.  After that crap, an NIT invite would be significant improvement. 

They should have fired Painter after last season though.  Back to back losing seasons?  No rough ridin' way. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2014, 06:55:32 PM »

Terone shot 35.6% from three last season on 104 attempts.  He and Ronnie were far and away PeeYew's best perimeter defenders and would have been this year too.  Fatt Painter wanted Ronnie to stay, Ronnie chose to leave.  Scorned.   

Octeus? :lol:  Yeah the guy that was the third best player on a crap CSU team is the answer.  He's going to get humiliated in the big 10.        Stephens can't consistently get his own shot in conference and Turdoo doesn't have anyone that can set him up.  Going to be a crap ton of dribbling and passing around the perimeter and then jacking up a bad shot as time expires.  Woof. 

It's going to be rough again, bud.  Gotta get rid of Fatt.
your take is as stale as a two-week old loaf of rye

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2014, 09:08:58 PM »
I don't know what Jevon is good at

After watching a full game for the first time, I'd say he is supurb at being on a team with extremely limited options at G/PG.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2014, 09:30:48 AM »

Purdue's guards are pretty bad by power conference standards other than Stephens and all he's good at is shootng threes (possibly great at it).  Terone (graduated) and Ronnie (transferred out) Johnson last season were better than what they have now, particularly on defense.  They'll really struggle again in conference.  NIT at best says this dossie hawk.

No way. The Johnsons were net negatives, especially Ronnie, who was a disaster as point guard. Imagine a Jevon Thomas who refused to ever pass the ball. No power conference team would take him as a transfer after he tried to drum up interest at Memphis and UT. Octeus is a clear upgrade. Terone was an undersized SG who could not shoot.  Scrappy guy, but eminently replaceable. I agree with the poster above. Purdue is 12 seed with some luck, top-3 NIT seed without it.

Terone shot 35.6% from three last season on 104 attempts.  He and Ronnie were far and away PeeYew's best perimeter defenders and would have been this year too.  Fatt Painter wanted Ronnie to stay, Ronnie chose to leave.  Scorned.   

Octeus? :lol:  Yeah the guy that was the third best player on a crap CSU team is the answer.  He's going to get humiliated in the big 10.        Stephens can't consistently get his own shot in conference and Turdoo doesn't have anyone that can set him up.  Going to be a crap ton of dribbling and passing around the perimeter and then jacking up a bad shot as time expires.  Woof. 

It's going to be rough again, bud.  Gotta get rid of Fatt.

your take is as stale as a two-week old loaf of rye

Hey dal9, you see where the Toiletmakers have lost three straight including by 31 to Notre Dame and at home to Gardner-Webb(sp?) last night?  They finished the noncon at 8-5, which also inlcuded a loss at home to North Florida (this is a real team, I looked it up). :frown: 

They were 10-3 last season with losses to Okie Lite, Wazzu and Butler.  I'm going to go ahead and drag my sack across your face in recognition of how right I was and what a dumbass wrongaloid you were.  Don't fret, it's super soft.  #youwrongson #heresmysack
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.