Author Topic: Purdue Game Analysis  (Read 6968 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Purdue Game Analysis
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2014, 07:13:56 PM »

It's still way early, but I've been very impressed with Tre and Hurt.

Me too, but they are both big defensive liabilities.  I am worried that oscar has become infatuated with Jevon's hustle on defense. 

I would prefer Nigel get the majority of the minutes and we go for some stretches with tre and foster in there together at the 2 & 3.

Jevon is good at free throws now michigancat.

Agree with all that.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2014, 07:18:47 PM »

This team isn't going anywhere until it starts playing a lot of zone defense.

I think we should just embrace a full court press and/or 2-2-1 trap in to a lot of pressure man.  I have no faith that this staff could successfully implement a zone.  It seems to be against all of their philosophies from oscar to Lowerey to Chet.  They love man.

But I would love if we tried something else because it is going to painful to watch if the defense does not get fixed.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2014, 07:22:03 PM »
Foster penetrating and breaking down the defense is the answer, Jt and nigel just can't do it effectively, hell Marcus might not be able to either.  :flush:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2014, 07:25:02 PM »

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2014, 07:26:58 PM »
Our offense doesn't look as good when Jevon isn't on court. People need to open their god damn eyes. Jevon and Nigel are going to settle in to vastly different roles because they are vastly different players. Foster can't play a lot point either, his handle is simple not good enough. He is a straight line driver.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2014, 07:29:55 PM »

I think we should just embrace a full court press and/or 2-2-1 trap in to a lot of pressure man.  I have no faith that this staff could successfully implement a zone.  It seems to be against all of their philosophies from oscar to Lowerey to Chet.  They love man.

But I would love if we tried something else because it is going to painful to watch if the defense does not get fixed.

They love man-to-man like they love an early season deep rotation.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2014, 07:30:50 PM »
Our offense doesn't look as good when Jevon isn't on court. People need to open their god damn eyes. Jevon and Nigel are going to settle in to vastly different roles because they are vastly different players. Foster can't play a lot point either, his handle is simple not good enough. He is a straight line driver.

Welp, we're effed
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2014, 07:33:09 PM »
Jevon has developed a 15 ft jump shot.  Against the beach and Purdue, he hit about 3 or 4 from the deep elbow.  It's weird.  Much better from there than from layup range.

Quickest guy on floor, gets to the rim with ease.  Probably the worst finisher I've ever seen. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2014, 07:35:57 PM »
I forgot to mention that BITB bitched about Foster's antics again after todays game and said: "they're going to be a problem moving fwd for us". Said: "he's acting a little too cocky in his second year and that could come back to bite him. He never acted like this last year!"- KK
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 07:44:15 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2014, 07:38:40 PM »
Jevon has developed a 15 ft jump shot.  Against the beach and Purdue, he hit about 3 or 4 from the deep elbow.  It's weird.  Much better from there than from layup range.

Quickest guy on floor, gets to the rim with ease.  Probably the worst finisher I've ever seen.

He will get it cleaned up, the elbow shot is huge for him forces team to be more honest. We have so many shooters that Jevon doesn't need to be a shooter. He has so much room for growth there is a lot reasons to be excited about him.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2014, 07:41:04 PM »

Is this guy for real?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2014, 08:16:49 PM »
I think _Fan is on the fence with Jevon, which keeps me optimistic.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2014, 08:20:39 PM »
Jevon has had a lot of room to grow for a long time

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2014, 08:22:37 PM »
Harris is a better Harris than Lance

catzacker

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2014, 09:21:48 PM »
Jevon has had a lot of room to grow for a long time

I've been told he's the next Rajon Rondo.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2014, 10:07:49 PM »
Purdue is another dead carcass on the side of the road as the Cat juggernaut is hell roaring down the highway squeeshing any stupid varmit in the way.   Kietzman's comments make him sound like a drooling goober.  Marcus scored 24 point, the stud alpha male genitals can only be cocky.  Edwards is playing timid - Gip kick him in the butt and tell him to quit reading the crap articles about his greatness.  Poor ol' Bolden has been pocessed by Krapper the Ghost.  I liked what I heard about the play of Malek and Hurt.  IMO Wes is the gas that fuels our critter killer.  I hope the LBSU game was just a case of needing to pass a big honking turd to get our constitution working right.  Haven't heard who we are playing tomorrow, hope it is the Sandcats, I would love to bury their carcasses in a full litter box.  Go Killer Cats!!!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2014, 10:20:40 PM »

They love man-to-man like they love an early season deep rotation.

I feel like we are two or three more re-phrases from this being pretty homo-erotic.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2014, 10:27:51 PM »
Is Purdue any good?  Tournament team?  Is long beach a tourney team?

The Big Train

« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2014, 11:11:54 PM »
Purdue is another dead carcass on the side of the road as the Cat juggernaut is hell roaring down the highway squeeshing any stupid varmit in the way.   Kietzman's comments make him sound like a drooling goober.  Marcus scored 24 point, the stud alpha male genitals can only be cocky.  Edwards is playing timid - Gip kick him in the butt and tell him to quit reading the crap articles about his greatness.  Poor ol' Bolden has been pocessed by Krapper the Ghost.  I liked what I heard about the play of Malek and Hurt.  IMO Wes is the gas that fuels our critter killer.  I hope the LBSU game was just a case of needing to pass a big honking turd to get our constitution working right.  Haven't heard who we are playing tomorrow, hope it is the Sandcats, I would love to bury their carcasses in a full litter box.  Go Killer Cats!!!

renocat, please never change

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2014, 06:22:53 AM »
Is Purdue any good?  Tournament team?  Is long beach a tourney team?

They were 15-17 last season and finished all alone in last place in the big 10.  They are probably better this year, but I doubt tournament team better.  Like lucky to make the NIT better maybe.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2014, 09:14:46 AM »
LBSU is a 12 seed.

Purdue is an opening round (First Four) team or a 12 seed at best/NIT 3 seed at worst.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2014, 10:16:36 AM »
Purdue's guards are pretty bad by power conference standards other than Stephens and all he's good at is shootng threes (possibly great at it).  Terone (graduated) and Ronnie (transferred out) Johnson last season were better than what they have now, particularly on defense.  They'll really struggle again in conference.  NIT at best says this dossie hawk. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2014, 10:32:02 AM »
Terone (graduated) and Ronnie (transferred out) Johnson last season were better than what they have now, particularly on defense. 
No way. The Johnsons were net negatives, especially Ronnie, who was a disaster as point guard. Imagine a Jevon Thomas who refused to ever pass the ball. No power conference team would take him as a transfer after he tried to drum up interest at Memphis and UT. Octeus is a clear upgrade. Terone was an undersized SG who could not shoot.  Scrappy guy, but eminently replaceable. I agree with the poster above. Purdue is 12 seed with some luck, top-3 NIT seed without it.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2014, 10:51:34 AM »
Purdue's guards are pretty bad by power conference standards other than Stephens and all he's good at is shootng threes (possibly great at it).  Terone (graduated) and Ronnie (transferred out) Johnson last season were better than what they have now, particularly on defense.  They'll really struggle again in conference.  NIT at best says this dossie hawk.

Yeah, Big Ten has potential to get credit as best conference though because:

Wisconsin
Michigan St.

Michigan
Ohio St.
Illinois
Nebraska
Maryland?
Purdue?
Minny?

Man, the Big Ten could be really stacked.  I think there is a distinct possibility that the league gets 7 or 8 teams.  Purdue could sneak in there if they can beat up on the bottom of the conference (which is terrible) and don't crap the bed the rest of the way in non-con.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2014, 12:16:26 PM »
Terone (graduated) and Ronnie (transferred out) Johnson last season were better than what they have now, particularly on defense. 
No way. The Johnsons were net negatives, especially Ronnie, who was a disaster as point guard. Imagine a Jevon Thomas who refused to ever pass the ball. No power conference team would take him as a transfer after he tried to drum up interest at Memphis and UT. Octeus is a clear upgrade. Terone was an undersized SG who could not shoot.  Scrappy guy, but eminently replaceable. I agree with the poster above. Purdue is 12 seed with some luck, top-3 NIT seed without it.

Terone shot 35.6% from three last season on 104 attempts.  He and Ronnie were far and away PeeYew's best perimeter defenders and would have been this year too.  Fatt Painter wanted Ronnie to stay, Ronnie chose to leave.  Scorned.   

Octeus? :lol:  Yeah the guy that was the third best player on a crap CSU team is the answer.  He's going to get humiliated in the big 10.        Stephens can't consistently get his own shot in conference and Turdoo doesn't have anyone that can set him up.  Going to be a crap ton of dribbling and passing around the perimeter and then jacking up a bad shot as time expires.  Woof. 

It's going to be rough again, bud.  Gotta get rid of Fatt.