Author Topic: ksu tempo  (Read 1495 times)

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
ksu tempo
« on: November 24, 2014, 08:07:18 AM »
any idea if k-state is faster tempo-wise relative to last year? i see the KP stats, but hard to tell if the tempo is real - particularly in the first two games.

i haven't watched a game, but that SUU game went much faster than projected and seemed like a run-and-shoot in the 2nd half; and the UMKC game had 71 possessions and the first half seemed to be played with pretty good pace. The LBSU game finished with a 68 tempo but slowed to a crawl in the 2H, and then there were late fouls, so surely that was inflated.

in any case, haven't seen ksu play this year, and was just curious.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
Re: ksu tempo
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 08:07:59 AM »
also, does nobody care about ksu hoops anymore?  :frown:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 08:16:05 AM »
The first half of the LBS game felt like a faster tempo than we have played in quite a while.  Nostatstho.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 09:42:02 AM »
There's late fouls in basically every game, so it's kind of silly to discount a high pace for that.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 09:48:16 AM »
Its too early to really tell, but I think we'll play slightly faster this year. As rake pointed out, all 3 of our games have been 68 or more possessions this year; last only 8 of our 33 games (24%) were 68 possessions or greater.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 10:23:25 AM »

No. I looked at some old hoops posts once and everybody was really excited to talk cat hoops like sys and mir and rus.  Even _FAN is bored of it.  Bums me right out. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 10:25:39 AM »
Its too early to really tell, but I think we'll play slightly faster this year. As rake pointed out, all 3 of our games have been 68 or more possessions this year; last only 8 of our 33 games (24%) were 68 possessions or greater.

Also, hey _FAN http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=33801.msg1263120#msg1263120?
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 10:27:27 AM »

No. I looked at some old hoops posts once and everybody was really excited to talk cat hoops like sys and mir and rus.  Even _FAN is bored of it.  Bums me right out. 

I'm not bored of it, I've just been so busy I haven't been able to watch a game yet. I should be able to watch this afternoon vs Purdue and I'll be getting into hoops more as football season finishes up.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 10:33:30 AM »

I'm not bored of it, I've just been so busy I haven't been able to watch a game yet. I should be able to watch this afternoon vs Purdue and I'll be getting into hoops more as football season finishes up.

Fantastic news. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 10:33:56 AM »

Also, hey _FAN http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=33801.msg1263120#msg1263120?
:peek:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 11:23:26 AM »
There's late fouls in basically every game, so it's kind of silly to discount a high pace for that.

well, i was interested in finding k-state's true pace; i.e., the pace they prefer to play at. i agree that late fouls happen, but not every game, and certainly not to the tune of 15 possessions in ~150 seconds...which is what the LBSU game had.

not saying it was baylor @ ksu bad from last year, but it still inflated the tempo a good bit compared to the way the previous 17 minutes were played.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 11:28:49 AM »

yeah, that's what i was thinking. seems like they'll play smaller too? :dunno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 12:31:33 PM »

Not being on ESPN3 for most of the OOC games really makes it a pain in the ass to watch on the west coast. And I'm a little bored with the games so far.