Author Topic: debt ceiling  (Read 15276 times)

Offline Domino

• One by One
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: debt ceiling
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2013, 08:21:40 PM »
It's like most people don't realize that currently trying to reduce the deficit would mean eliminating jobs. And by an overwhelming majority people favor job growth vs. deficit reduction. Which is why this whole debt ceiling theatre is pointless.

I'm also reposting this question, since no one decided to answer:

So what do you propose to eliminate the budget deficit? What tax rates are you going to raise and what spending would you cut?

I'm sure FSD can give me a quick answer that addresses how to make things right.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2013, 08:51:46 PM »
It's like most people don't realize that currently trying to reduce the deficit would mean eliminating jobs. And by an overwhelming majority people favor job growth vs. deficit reduction. Which is why this whole debt ceiling theatre is pointless.

So what do you propose to eliminate the budget deficit? What tax rates are you going to raise and what spending would you cut?

I'm sure FSD can give me a quick answer that addresses how to make things right.

You can't even identify the largest drivers of the spending portion of the deficit problem and are hung up on marginal tax rates as the solution to the revenue side of the equation. You've basically brought the big red plastic bat to the fast pitch batting cage. . . and you forgot your glasses.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2013, 09:26:50 PM »
Domino answered my question about imports and exports.  FSD did not answer my question about economics books.

Advantage:  Domino.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2013, 09:41:24 PM »
Domino answered my question about imports and exports.  FSD did not answer my question about economics books.

:lol: x 1,000

Chum and Domino =

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2013, 10:06:07 PM »

lol yeah. We're really growing jobs in the good ol' USA these days.

We won't have significant job growth until spending is reduced. Too many inefficiencies out there and the taxpayer picks up the tab

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2013, 11:31:47 PM »

Chum and Domino =

Please tell me about your qualifications to speak about economics.  (I'm asking you because you're the one saying that everyone else doesn't know what they're talking about.)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2013, 11:37:56 PM »
Hearing republicans ask where do we get $1 trillion worth of platinum to mint a coin makes me realize how rough ridin' dumb they really are

OMG, who asked that?

https://twitter.com/NRCC/status/289029749555212288

jokes on them the titanic has already sank

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2013, 06:17:04 AM »

lol yeah. We're really growing jobs in the good ol' USA these days.

We won't have significant job growth until spending is reduced. Too many inefficiencies out there and the taxpayer picks up the tab

We are creating lots of jobs.  Just the other day we gave Nissan a couple billion to build more of their shitty electric cars that no one wants to buy.  They said that would create 100's of jobs and when people realize the cars aren't shitty(they are) and actually start buying them unlike the other 74 times we have tried this, it will create even more jobs. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2013, 08:16:44 AM »

Well, the tax increase on those who make more than $400,000 gets us about 5% of the way there, so that's a good first step. The proposed increase on those making more than $200,000 would have been better. There are also a ton of things the government should do that would get us back on the right track. We could shave billions of dollars from the defense budget and nobody would even notice. Everyone seems to hate the TSA, so why not eliminate them and let airports privatize security? It's not like they have ever caught a terrorist. I also think that social security needs to be reformed so that it is just a social safety net and not a retirement plan. The government should not be giving payments to people who can afford to take care of themselves because those payments do not help the economy as much as payments to those who cannot. Also, no more medicare payments to those over the age of 80. They have already outlived their life expectancy, and it is enormously expensive to keep those people alive. The government needs to stop trying to do what is fair and start doing what is best for the productive sector of society.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2013, 05:11:53 PM »
Who can forget election season 2006, about the same time Nancy Pelosi was calling for Congressional Investigations of Oil Companies, because of those "insane" Big Oil Profits and gas was about $3 a gallon in her district.

Democrats were blazing a trail:  War Extraction-Check, An End to those Bush Budget Deficits-Check, Stopping the Bleeding of the spiraling National Debt-Check.

Today:  Budget . . . what do we need a budget for?   Debt Ceiling . . . why even worry about it?  Wars . . . all over the world.  Budget Deficits . . . what's a trillion amongst friends?   

Good times.

Those 2 questions are open to any libertarian/conservative/republican on the board, I'd like to hear what the other sides solution to eliminating the deficit would be.

Take over Canada
???
Profit

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2013, 05:19:12 PM »

Well, the tax increase on those who make more than $400,000 gets us about 5% of the way there, so that's a good first step. The proposed increase on those making more than $200,000 would have been better. There are also a ton of things the government should do that would get us back on the right track. We could shave billions of dollars from the defense budget and nobody would even notice. Everyone seems to hate the TSA, so why not eliminate them and let airports privatize security? It's not like they have ever caught a terrorist. I also think that social security needs to be reformed so that it is just a social safety net and not a retirement plan. The government should not be giving payments to people who can afford to take care of themselves because those payments do not help the economy as much as payments to those who cannot. Also, no more medicare payments to those over the age of 80. They have already outlived their life expectancy, and it is enormously expensive to keep those people alive. The government needs to stop trying to do what is fair and start doing what is best for the productive sector of society.

LOL, that would be wildly rough ridin' popular.
(though I I don't disagree in principle)

As far as the DoD goes, the army basically doesn't even need to exist in it's current state. Once we finish in Iraq (lol) a massive land army isn't suitable for future conflicts, crap it didn't even work in Iraq that well and it's failing in A-Stan miserably. The Marines already have a suitable expeditionary force. The Navy and AF would have to remain large for power projection but the U.K. functioned like this for over 500 years and I think they had it perfected... I mean they practically took over the world with it.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2013, 08:07:16 PM »

LOL, that would be wildly rough ridin' popular.
(though I I don't disagree in principle)

As far as the DoD goes, the army basically doesn't even need to exist in it's current state. Once we finish in Iraq (lol) a massive land army isn't suitable for future conflicts, crap it didn't even work in Iraq that well and it's failing in A-Stan miserably. The Marines already have a suitable expeditionary force. The Navy and AF would have to remain large for power projection but the U.K. functioned like this for over 500 years and I think they had it perfected... I mean they practically took over the world with it.

And we could have more robots.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2013, 08:00:17 AM »

Chum and Domino =

The use of this pic deserves to be pointed out.  :cheers:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2013, 01:30:01 AM »

Chum and Domino =

The use of this pic deserves to be pointed out.  :cheers:

Uhhhhh, Bonjour.

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2013, 10:02:28 AM »
The hypocrisy is deafening...  :dubious:

[attachment deleted by admin]
untuck manhattan

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2013, 11:37:45 AM »

Can you do it again but take out military spending?

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2013, 01:40:58 PM »

Does military spending not count towards Federal Growth?

untuck manhattan

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2013, 03:09:46 PM »

No, it counts, but I think it's relevant to consider.  Reagan didn't ask the Rooskies to do Rooskie things, George Bush didn't ask Saddam to roll tanks into Kuwait, and G-Dub didn't ask Al-Qaeda to fly airplanes into the WTC.  FWIW I'm all for cutting the defense budget.  I'm just saying the statistics you cited weren't completely within the control of the President.  Also, doesn't Congress make the budget?  So ya there's that.  :flush:

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2013, 03:25:23 PM »

No, it counts, but I think it's relevant to consider.  Reagan didn't ask the Rooskies to do Rooskie things, George Bush didn't ask Saddam to roll tanks into Kuwait, and G-Dub didn't ask Al-Qaeda to fly airplanes into the WTC.  FWIW I'm all for cutting the defense budget.  I'm just saying the statistics you cited weren't completely within the control of the President.  Also, doesn't Congress make the budget?  So ya there's that.  :flush:

True. Although Clinton did have the first WTC and kosovo. As well, remind me again what Iraq had to do with the WTC for W?

On another note, is the tax rate not the lowest in 60 years? Maybe it could be adjusted just to mix things up a bit?

But yes, Congress does set the budget and given the numbskulls we have there now...
untuck manhattan

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2013, 03:32:54 PM »
And while for most presidents the VP is a glorified Plan B... during the W years let's not forget that Cheney was essentially the President for all intensive purposes.
untuck manhattan

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2013, 03:55:34 PM »
And while for most presidents the VP is a glorified Plan B... during the W years let's not forget that Cheney was essentially the President for all intensive purposes.

Don't fall for that liberal meme. Cheney may have set all of the cutter bombs that brought down the twin towers, but W was the decider.

Que Skinny Benny.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2013, 03:58:16 PM »

Don't fall for that liberal meme. Cheney may have set all of the cutter bombs that brought down the twin towers, but W was the decider.

Que Skinny Benny.

No way. Bush was Cheney's puppet. Lil' Bush was absolutly terrified of being shot in the face by that psycho.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2013, 07:15:27 PM »

LOL, you're a tard

I know it says projections, but they actually under projected.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2013, 09:18:05 PM »
Maybe we do have a revenue problem.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2013, 09:32:10 PM »
Maybe we do have a revenue problem.

In the deficit equation, it's definitely the second biggest problem.