Author Topic: Good game KSU  (Read 3763 times)

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Good game KSU
« on: January 20, 2015, 10:42:26 PM »
The best part about it is how crazy Phog.net is right now. I think they are melting down about us beating you more than you guys are. Please kill KU this year because they suck.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Good game KSU
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 09:09:47 AM »
Here are some gems from there.  :love:

Unbelievable.........so tonight the Cyclowns can't hit open shots?  Figures.......

I just can't deal with their fans and KK. At least ISU  is a legit basketball school to share a title with

When did the Predator transfer to Iowa State?

Looks like ISU used up all their energy for the Kansas game, even the fans seem mildly disinterested by comparison.

Kansas always faces a different energy from opposing teams and fans. Comes with the territory.]

Correct. We are biggest game for every team in this conference and we get everyone's best shot.

When KSU tied for the conference title a couple of years ago, despite the fact we beat them twice, they printed shirts referring to themselves as "Titletown."  They also had a big pep rally to celebrate this achievement.

Then lost to 13 seed LaSalle in the NCAA Tournament.

As much fun as it was to laugh at them for the sheer stupidity of it all, I wont root for them.  I hope ISU clobbers them.
Reply | Quote

KSU has been whistled for 3 fouls that were borderline at best.  2 of them on loose balls where the ISU player had just as much contact with the KSU player, yet nothing called.  other Niang lost the ball and was falling down and they whistled KSU for being in the area.  ISU has also set about 3 illegal screens and just got away with a push in the back that allowed the ball to go off KSU.

Hilton seems so dead, did they spend all their energy on their Super Bowl?

Seemed like a funeral parlor compared to Saturday night. Didn't notice the booing either. They may have been all booed out Saturday.

The crowd is completely dead right now, it is amazing.  We are like the Beatles and everyone else is like Brewer and Shipley at a County Fair.
]

Wow, equal amount of FT's shot at this point of the game.  Thank goodness the favortism the refs have for KU was so evident Saturday night. :rolleyes:

My God those people literally Boo EVERYTHING.

they just booed a foul call when a cyclone literally jumped on a Kitty's back and rolled across it. He looked like Starsky or Hutch sliding across the hood of a car.

People really does show up more for KU.

Sometimes I wonder when media delves too deeply into the lives of the players and coaches we see on TV.....

....after seeing Hoiberg's naked photos with his children, I know that we must have crossed that road at some point.

I'd like to show the Mayors Wife some of my polling numbers if you know what I mean....

I got bored, that should be enough.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:13:27 AM by WackyCat08 »

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 09:12:15 AM »
It amazes me that #TITLETOWN still bothers them as much as it does.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 09:18:42 AM »

WWI and II still makes Germany mad even though we don't really bring it up

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 09:21:26 AM »

WWI and II still makes Germany mad even though we don't really bring it up
pretty great point and analogy, could have used japan as well

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 09:37:05 AM »
The crowd was dead, because they expected a blowout.

ISU seems extremely entitled for a school that hasn't put a conference championship banner in the rafters in over a decade.

Of course, when K-State plays in Lawrence, the normal blue hair golf clap crowd that doesn't do anything but sit there listening to Thunderstruck and grouchily telling their cardigan clad spouse that they wished, "that damned music wasn't so loud", will be out of their minds.

They were mildly loud at times during the OU game.

#twistedsister

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 10:43:10 AM »
What was the deal with someone in the crowd always blowing a referee whistle while K-State had possession?  It didn't seem to affect the players, but was distracting as hell as a viewer.  Isn't ISU obliged to cull that kind of misbehavior from their stands?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 10:46:03 AM »
i think the guy was whistling, very annoying.  he was behind the broadcast crew.  typical iowa redneck farm type thing to do. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 02:10:34 PM »
i think the guy was whistling, very annoying.  he was behind the broadcast crew.  typical iowa redneck farm type thing to do.

Guy probably has a tat of the John Deere logo on his arm and photos of him killing animals on his facebook profile.
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 08:14:47 PM »

ISU seems extremely entitled for a school that hasn't put a conference championship banner in the rafters in over a decade.

Of course, when K-State plays in Lawrence, the normal blue hair golf clap crowd that doesn't do anything but sit there listening to Thunderstruck and grouchily telling their cardigan clad spouse that they wished, "that damned music wasn't so loud", will be out of their minds.

#twistedsister

The game was at 6:00 PM a lot of people just got off work, so the crowd wasn't too into it until the second half. A lot of people have to drive from Des Moines which is 45 mins. away. Also the guy whistling was annoying as crap.
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 08:24:54 PM »

Nice change of pace, for me anyway.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 08:29:21 PM »

#twistedsister

The game was at 6:00 PM a lot of people just got off work, so the crowd wasn't too into it until the second half. A lot of people have to drive from Des Moines which is 45 mins. away. Also the guy whistling was annoying as crap.

It beats having to drive all the way to Iowa City to watch a sporting event :dunno:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 08:34:17 PM »

Nice change of pace, for me anyway.

The difference between football and basketball is amazing.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 08:45:40 PM »
Man, I use to love telling the phog about ppl having to drive 2 hours from KC for a weekday game was tough to fill the seats for a weekday game, but I think okclone just made me feel better about myself with this 45 minute drive talk.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 09:26:17 PM »
Man, I use to love telling the phog about ppl having to drive 2 hours from KC for a weekday game was tough to fill the seats for a weekday game, but I think okclone just made me feel better about myself with this 45 minute drive talk.

OKclone is really good at making other people feel good about themselves by comparison.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 09:34:26 PM »
Much like okcat
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 09:42:37 PM »

OKclone is really good at making other people feel good about themselves by comparison.
:thumbs:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 06:28:09 AM »
Seemed like a funeral parlor compared to Saturday night. Didn't notice the booing either. They may have been all booed out Saturday
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 07:09:26 AM »
Seemed like a funeral parlor compared to Saturday night. Didn't notice the booing either. They may have been all booed out Saturday

Jayhawks gonna jayhawk, they are just scared of losing the big 12 this year.
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 10:31:03 AM »

I can only speak for myself, but I'm scared of losing the big 12 every year.  Then, I'm scared of losing in the confy tourney, then I'm scared of losing in the tourney.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 07:48:37 AM »

I can only speak for myself, but I'm scared of losing the big 12 every year.  Then, I'm scared of losing in the confy tourney, then I'm scared of losing in the tourney.
This is unlike a bunch of Cat fans, who are afraid of winning.

Gonna win 'em all!