• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Nino
« on: January 18, 2015, 07:32:30 AM »
What a name. What a game!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Nino
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 07:36:26 AM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 07:41:59 AM »
 :ksu: :driving: :drool: :Woot:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 07:42:51 AM »
Mir and trim hate him. :lol:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 07:56:59 AM »
It does kind of depend...if you meant "game" as in his overall ability to play basketball, then I may not be quite as excited. However, if you meant "game" as in the singular sporting event that was played yesterday, then I am in! I hope to see his game deliver a lot more of what we saw in the game yesterday!
 :party:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 09:07:03 AM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 09:30:01 AM »
It does kind of depend...if you meant "game" as in his overall ability to play basketball, then I may not be quite as excited. However, if you meant "game" as in the singular sporting event that was played yesterday, then I am in! I hope to see his game deliver a lot more of what we saw in the game yesterday!
 :party:

You can make a legitimate argument that Nino is our 2nd best player to this point this year. He and Gip are certainly 2A and 2B on this team.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 10:04:57 AM »
He wants to win, which I appreciate very much.

Offline A$APCornBall

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 10:57:13 AM »
He is "on fleek" right kids?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 11:10:40 AM »
I like Nino. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 11:15:27 AM »
he gets really sweaty all the time, even not playing basketball in air conditioned buildings
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 11:19:16 AM »
I don't like Nino. Idk quite what it is. Just don't like him. Appreciate TF out of him and games like yesterday though.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 11:20:37 AM »
I wish we had a better option

The Big Train

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 11:54:35 AM »
Nino is becoming a fan favorite in his 7th year at ksu

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 12:12:28 PM »
What a name. What a game!

I like him. But I don't call him Nino. I call him Crash.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 12:18:12 PM »
I think the staff has asked for more out of him than they could reasonably expect.  He has done well but I agree that we should have a better option.  Nino should be the energy guy off the bench and not the second best player.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 12:45:12 PM »
I think the staff has asked for more out of him than they could reasonably expect.  He has done well but I agree that we should have a better option.  Nino should be the energy guy off the bench and not the second best player.

I don't think I understand your position that they are asking too much of him.   He is probably our second or third best scoring option. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 12:51:32 PM »

I don't think I understand your position that they are asking too much of him.   He is probably our second or third best scoring option. 

He has become that but if this offseason oscar had said "Nino is going to be our second best scoring option" I would've said we are mumped.  oscar talks about inconsistent his whole career has been, meanwhile, we are relying on him to play a big role.  To Nino's credit, he has done a decent job of filling that role.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 01:11:00 PM »

He has become that but if this offseason oscar had said "Nino is going to be our second best scoring option" I would've said we are mumped.  oscar talks about inconsistent his whole career has been, meanwhile, we are relying on him to play a big role.  To Nino's credit, he has done a decent job of filling that role.

Just because you are surprised by his output (or any of us) doesn't mean its completely unreasonable. He scored at a rate of 24 points per 100 last year (3rd best on the team, better than Shane), so he wasn't terrible. I'm slightly surprised by his improvement, but I also realize guys get better and dynamics change. I'm also a little surprised he's surpassed Gip, but part of that is that opponents can key on Gip easier with this year's players compared to last year with Shane.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 01:28:02 PM »
he's always been a scoring machine.  i don't think it's surprising at all.  he's doing exactly what he's done his entire career.

the weber comment about him being super inconsistent, aside from being an utterly bad person and contemptuous thing to say, was also completely wrong.  he's been a very consistent player (when he's been on the court.  when he hasn't played, maybe it's because he wasn't practicing consistently, i have no idea).

btw, i also don't think it should be assumed that foster is the best player.  it's possible he is, but if he is it's not by much at all.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 01:34:41 PM »
I wish Nino would deliberately foul less. It's funny, but rarely productive
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 01:40:40 PM »
he's always been a scoring machine.  i don't think it's surprising at all.  he's doing exactly what he's done his entire career.

the weber comment about him being super inconsistent, aside from being an utterly bad person and contemptuous thing to say, was also completely wrong.  he's been a very consistent player (when he's been on the court.  when he hasn't played, maybe it's because he wasn't practicing consistently, i have no idea).

btw, i also don't think it should be assumed that foster is the best player.  it's possible he is, but if he is it's not by much at all.

True, but I think most associate best scorer as best player.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 02:32:54 PM »

What?
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=34211.msg1298603#msg1298603
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=34211.msg1298633#msg1298633

Also stop lumping me in with whatever weird stalker crap you have with trim. You can't justify using me as a target of your little temper tantrums with some kind of private phone call like you try with trim. You keep bringing me up because you think I am some BIDer because you are too simple to understand nuance. Every time you do this you come off as the foolish cartoon parody you apparently need to be.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 02:51:40 PM »

Just because you are surprised by his output (or any of us) doesn't mean its completely unreasonable. He scored at a rate of 24 points per 100 last year (3rd best on the team, better than Shane), so he wasn't terrible. I'm slightly surprised by his improvement, but I also realize guys get better and dynamics change. I'm also a little surprised he's surpassed Gip, but part of that is that opponents can key on Gip easier with this year's players compared to last year with Shane.

I know guys get better but after seeing steady and small growth through 3 years and then making a jump surprised me.  I didn't look at points per 100 so I can see where that would make some sense to those who do.  To say the coaches put too much on him is probably unfair, as they see him play everyday and know more than I what he is capable of.  oscar's comments just fed into that belief of mine.  If he is so inconsistent and can't be relied upon, why are relying upon him?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 03:15:31 PM »

True, but I think most associate best scorer as best player.

Foster is easily our best/most valuable player