Author Topic: pos 'pubs being complete pieces of crap  (Read 141171 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: non pos 'pubs
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2018, 10:52:11 AM »
That's false and made up in your heads, but whatever. He's an embarrassment and he also wasn't always a "Republican".

He's the same as he's always been. The republican platform has changed to accommodate him.
Just as the Democratic party tried to do with Bernie.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2018, 10:55:01 AM »
That's false and made up in your heads, but whatever. He's an embarrassment and he also wasn't always a "Republican".

He's the same as he's always been. The republican platform has changed to accommodate him.

If Bernie had won, the democratic party would have changed a lot, too.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2018, 10:55:36 AM »
What's false?  He's sitting at 90% over the last two weeks.  The low was 77% in december. 
https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2018, 10:56:12 AM »

Honestly I would say just like Bernie did to the Democratic party. The shift to the far left may have been slowly coming but he accelerated that change tenfold.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2018, 10:58:15 AM »
True. He created a divide enough to make Trump possible.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »
What's false?  He's sitting at 90% over the last two weeks.  The low was 77% in december. 
https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

I would assume he was talking about the idea that all pubs have either left the party or become Trump supporters.

Is it possible the majority of the electorate just doesn't care about politics as long as their outlook on life is positive? For now they might feel great about their future because of the state of the economy and remain ignorant to the minutiae because they don't follow any reliable news source.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2018, 10:58:58 AM »
Which all sounds like I am in denial. Maybe I am, or maybe the numbers don't say what many in this thread would assume they do?

it does sound like you are in denial.  i don't think the numbers are quite 90%, but it's pretty close.  their support doesn't imply that they agree with each and every action or utterance but it certainly implies that they broadly approve of his presidency.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2018, 10:59:27 AM »

I would assume he was talking about the idea that all pubs have either left the party or become Trump supporters.

Is it possible the majority of the electorate just doesn't care about politics as long as their outlook on life is positive? For now they might feel great about their future because of the state of the economy and remain ignorant to the minutiae because they don't follow any reliable news source.
Yeah. This.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2018, 11:00:19 AM »
remain ignorant to the minutiae because they don't follow any reliable news source.

ignorance is a choice.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2018, 11:02:07 AM »
Which all sounds like I am in denial. Maybe I am, or maybe the numbers don't say what many in this thread would assume they do?

it does sound like you are in denial.  i don't think the numbers are quite 90%, but it's pretty close.  their support doesn't imply that they agree with each and every action or utterance but it certainly implies that they broadly approve of his presidency.

I commented just above this that it could be based on a general complacency coming from their outlook on their lives specifically. I have met a lot of people who don't follow politics like we do who could easily be ignorant to both the domestic and foreign politicking that we see on the daily news.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2018, 11:04:17 AM »
remain ignorant to the minutiae because they don't follow any reliable news source.

ignorance is a choice.

100% agree and it is a choice that many in the electorate choose without a second of hesitation. My main argument against giving absolute power to the popular vote in the presidential election. That is a different discussion, so we don't have to talk about it here, but I will say openly that I don't trust our electorate to make rational decisions on public policy.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2018, 11:10:10 AM »

Well if you trust gallup polling, those are the two explanations for the 90% approval rating. 

I assume a lot of people were relatively comfortable (economically speaking) under Obama, but I'd bet his approval rating among republicans was a small fraction of 90%.  It's a matter of prioritizing values.   I'm fine with some of what Trump has done, but until he gets the border figured out I certainly wouldn't say I approve of him.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2018, 11:15:08 AM »

He's not in denial.  This board (left) wants so badly to paint every Republican out to be a Trump supporter when in fact that isn't true.  Each side has become so polarized that it makes having a discussion impossible.  I've enjoyed reading the views of both sides of a topic when they come with arguments based with support of that argument.  There are several posters on both sides that come with nothing more than disdain for anyone with an opposing view, like libliblib.  Zero credibility.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2018, 11:17:10 AM »
Hey bro, it's not my fault the modern republican party is exclusively for pos's
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2018, 11:19:45 AM »
He's not in denial.  This board (left) wants so badly to paint every Republican out to be a Trump supporter when in fact that isn't true.

the statement was supported by data where republicans were asked if they supported trump or not and 90% of them voluntarily responded that they did.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2018, 11:22:05 AM »
Dem inaction and politicized meltdowns, coupled with fund raising off of politicized meltdowns is huge POS work.

But, I won't start another thread.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2018, 11:23:16 AM »
I still don't believe that number. What "republicans" are voting? I don't know how they do those polls, but whoever is doing it, are probably the same ppl that had Hillary winning by a landslide.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2018, 11:23:48 AM »
He's not in denial.  This board (left) wants so badly to paint every Republican out to be a Trump supporter when in fact that isn't true.

the statement was supported by data where republicans were asked if they supported trump or not and 90% of them voluntarily responded that they did.

Based on what polling again?  And was it just one?  And we believe it because it fits what "our" side wants to believe?  :jerk:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2018, 11:26:12 AM »
The approval numbers surprised me too.  If you can find numbers that dispute the overwhelming republican approval of trump by republicans I'd be eager (and relieved) to see them.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2018, 11:28:09 AM »
Based on what polling again?  And was it just one?  And we believe it because it fits what "our" side wants to believe?  :jerk:

we believe it because it is the best data available and any honest person attempts to believe that which is real.

there are many other polls that have found broadly concordant results. as i stated earlier in this thread, ignorance is a choice.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2018, 11:28:41 AM »
So we are back to feels instead of data, and I'm the one with zero credibility...  :shy:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
non pos 'pubs
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2018, 11:29:14 AM »
Trump’s current approval rating is its highest ever around 40%. If the pub leaning posters here believe how much Trump is hated by Dems, what do you suppose his approval among Republicans would have to be in order to reach that number?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2018, 11:32:21 AM »
I'm a registered republican because I live in Kansas and want to vote against Kobach for governor. I really don't see myself voting republican in any general election in the near future, though.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2018, 11:34:35 AM »
I'm a registered republican because I live in Kansas and want to vote against Kobach for governor. I really don't see myself voting republican in any general election in the near future, though.

oh, oops.  i just called you a former republican in another thread.  you can correct that if you still consider yourself to be a republican in any sense greater than as a formality required for ballot access.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2018, 11:36:44 AM »
You can't appeal to Republicans/POS's with facts, stats, science, etc. It's just not their thing.