Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145468 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #17050 on: April 25, 2017, 10:16:16 AM »
I think it's around $170 million since the start of the WSC, could be off, tho.

But really, an honest question.

Stanford completely tore down and rebuilt their stade for $90mill in one offseason 10 years ago, so probably like $110-120mill in todays world? Couldn't KU tear down everything but their west side/press box, leave the facade of memorial to not piss people off, and build a decent little clean stadium for around the same price? It's all so confusing, but I guess being that poor will do it.

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17051 on: April 25, 2017, 10:20:41 AM »
think gE should send a box of urinal cakes to the KUAD

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17052 on: April 25, 2017, 10:27:09 AM »
think gE should send a box of urinal cakes to the KUAD

I would pitch in for this  :ROFL:

Could we get some custom made that are just blue on the outside, but as they dissolve something hilarious appears?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #17053 on: April 25, 2017, 10:28:07 AM »

Stanford completely tore down and rebuilt their stade for $90mill in one offseason 10 years ago, so probably like $110-120mill in todays world? Couldn't KU tear down everything but their west side/press box, leave the facade of memorial to not piss people off, and build a decent little clean stadium for around the same price? It's all so confusing, but I guess being that poor will do it.
Their egos (and finances) don't allow that. It would be like KU Karl tearing down his dilapidated ranch and rebuilds the same with some nice quartz counters while his neighbor just went ahead an bought two lots to build a luxury McMansion.

So they're stuck between the broke AF rock and the rich K-State neighbor hard place.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17054 on: April 25, 2017, 10:29:48 AM »

The facade?  You mean the industrialist brutalist pillbox fortification that high schools wouldn't embarrass themselves with? 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17055 on: April 25, 2017, 10:30:16 AM »
I like the urinal cake gift idea

The Big Train

« Reply #17056 on: April 25, 2017, 11:01:37 AM »
Maybe with a nice note like:

"Don't use them all in one concourse"

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17057 on: April 25, 2017, 11:20:53 AM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17058 on: April 25, 2017, 11:23:59 AM »

Baylor spent +$260 mill on a completely new stade. After going to Stanford's stadium, I am thoroughly impressed they only spent $90 mill. I mean, it's not top notch, but it's definitely the best bang for the buck stadium out there, especially for a place with as meh fan support as they have. I am guessing though that the main reason (besides not necessarily cutting corners, but going a bit cheap) at Stanford is the lack of suites and premium seating (they have them just in their pretty small pressbox) and the training facilities which are usually part a stadium renovation. KU could easily do a total reno for like $150 mill and keep armchair city and DJamer booths and have a 45k capacity.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #17059 on: April 25, 2017, 11:30:15 AM »
THey need at least 60k for when they get this thing turned around.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #17060 on: April 25, 2017, 11:59:17 AM »
ku1313
X
Junior
Rating: 3.2/5 this site
4819 posts this site
More fans at KU Spring game than at KSU spring game.
8:58 AM
on the news last night they were showing some video of the Spring game at KSU  I was surprised that not a lot of people were there.  I thought they always had a great turnout.   I think they use to have some Carnival going on at the same time, maybe that was the problem, no carnival. It looked like KU may have had more fans at their Spring game.  I know KSU will claim 50K plus showed up but the stadium was mainly empty.

They also showed Snyder talking about the game.  He looks awful but sounds and acts pretty good. I think he will be back when he gets over the treatments. People I  now that have had cancer  treatments, looked awful but after a few month look great.
:ROFL:

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17061 on: April 25, 2017, 12:27:29 PM »
they're customizable
https://www.inkhead.com/urinal-cake/11357/

We should do one that says "Gridiron Club" in the KU font with the clipart football player from Anderson on it.  :excited:

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17062 on: April 25, 2017, 12:33:55 PM »
has any football team in the history of the sport ever used the word "gridiron" more than KU?  Did KU invent the word like they did basketball?  =mods=?

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17063 on: April 25, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »
ku1313
X
Junior
4819 posts this site
on the news last night they were showing some video of the Spring game at KSU  I was surprised that not a lot of people were there.  I thought they always had a great turnout.   I think they use to have some Carnival going on at the same time, maybe that was the problem, no carnival. It looked like KU may have had more fans at their Spring game.  I know KSU will claim 50K plus showed up but the stadium was mainly empty.

They also showed Snyder talking about the game.  He looks awful but sounds and acts pretty good. I think he will be back when he gets over the treatments. People I  now that have had cancer  treatments, looked awful but after a few month look great.

We announced 12k or so.  What did they announce?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17064 on: April 25, 2017, 01:06:31 PM »
ku1313
X
Junior
4819 posts this site

One more than ours.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17065 on: April 25, 2017, 02:48:52 PM »
I love this thread.

It always makes me smile, especially when I haven't check in for a few days and so I've missed a page or two of posts.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17066 on: April 25, 2017, 03:21:42 PM »

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17067 on: April 25, 2017, 03:27:22 PM »
KU football is the urinal cake of the Big XII.

Or Iowa State, take your pick.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17068 on: April 25, 2017, 03:28:07 PM »
ku1313
X
Junior
4819 posts this site

One more than ours.

Ty

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17069 on: April 25, 2017, 04:08:33 PM »
ku1313
X
Junior
4819 posts this site

One more than ours.

Ty

Must've let in a few extra homeless folk to pad the numbers.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #17070 on: April 25, 2017, 05:32:56 PM »
was just looking at some attendance numbers from last year. 

KU had the lowest P5 attendance at 25k per game. SIXTEEN G5 teams finished with better average attendance than our friends to the east.  These included App. St, UCONN (who finished 3-9, 1-7 in the AAC :sdeek: ), Temple, Colorado St., So. Miss, AFA, Navy, Army, Cincinnati, Boise, UCF, SDSU, Memphis, USF, Houston and ECU.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:36:25 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #17071 on: April 25, 2017, 05:38:45 PM »
If that's the case, there's no way the Mountain West will take them in the next Conference go around.  :frown:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17072 on: April 25, 2017, 05:43:25 PM »
Self reported attendance numbers?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #17073 on: April 25, 2017, 05:44:24 PM »
i'm not sure any other metric exists.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17074 on: April 25, 2017, 06:07:27 PM »
i'm not sure any other metric exists.

Seems like a weird thing to compare teams with then.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best