Author Topic: good botc apr story  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
good botc apr story
« on: May 28, 2015, 02:26:05 PM »
pretty funny to think that if a miracle happens and oscar somehow gets a team good enough to play in the tournament in two years, they will probably be ineligible.

http://www.bringonthecats.com/2015/5/28/8677585/k-state-gets-good-ncaa-apr-news-for-now

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Re: good botc apr story
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 02:55:37 PM »
sad to see a once proud program fall prey to an institutional disregard towards academic scholarship with john currie at the helm

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 03:11:42 PM »
"We knew we weren't eligible this year so we used it to try some new things"- oscar Weber March 10th, 2017 after his team wrapped up a 13-18 year

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 03:40:14 PM »
Somebody made a pretty astute comment that the addition of Vulture to scholarship status may have something to do with the APR.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 05:07:05 PM »
Somebody made a pretty astute comment that the addition of Vulture to scholarship status may have something to do with the APR.

oscar is playing chess, everyone else is playing checkers

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 05:47:55 PM »

yeah i bet there's a pretty good chance he's correct. not my favorite comment though. that belongs to this person...

here's a potential problem with bringing in a new coach the next couple years

a new coach inevitably means transfers; which KSU seemingly can’t afford more than a transfer a year for the next 3 years. So a new coach next year could stumble into being postseason ineligble because players transfer on him as he builds his team and he’s hurt by the defections while oscar was here. So we better buck up and expect oscar to be here a couple more years.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 06:08:32 PM »
I always just assume that site is terrible at analysis.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 11:23:33 PM »
sad to see a once proud program fall prey to an institutional disregard towards academic scholarship with john currie at the helm

sad to see a once proud program fall prey to oscar Weber.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 05:56:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure that's not how that works.  Otherwise, there'd be a crap load of ineligible teams every season.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 10:22:32 AM »
I'm pretty sure that's not how that works.  Otherwise, there'd be a crap load of ineligible teams every season.

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2011/8/12/2358542/NCAA-APR-Cutoff-Bowls

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 10:33:13 PM »
Kentucky is never going to make the ncaas again
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
good botc apr story
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 07:16:47 AM »
This would be a good thread with captain crap.

I would love to hear from Captain Crap.  I would especially like to have him address the idea that oscar must now be forced to target recruits with particularly good academics (and not simply those that are good at basketball)...which adds even more pressure, since it has been proven that many will come to disrespect oscar and leave....one could argue that we are at even greater risk of smart kids growing to disrespect oscar and leave.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 08:02:52 AM »

I would love to hear from Captain Crap.  I would especially like to have him address the idea that oscar must now be forced to target recruits with particularly good academics (and not simply those that are good at basketball)...which adds even more pressure, since it has been proven that many will come to disrespect oscar and leave....one could argue that we are at even greater risk of smart kids growing to disrespect oscar and leave.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 04:06:10 PM »
"We knew we weren't eligible this year so we used it to try some new things"- oscar Weber March 10th, 2017 after his team wrapped up a 13-18 year
Where do you park your time machine because i bet that is spot on word for word?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 04:14:59 PM »
What is our out? If we fire the coach who got us into this mess, is all forgiven?

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 06:26:51 PM »

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2011/8/12/2358542/NCAA-APR-Cutoff-Bowls

I think FSD(W,NTRSD!) is correct. Here is a pdf on the NCAA's website (dated Oct 2014) that explains how the graduation rate is calculated. Kids that transfer in good academic standing are moved out of the original school's cohort and into the destination school's cohort.

So as long as Jack K, Nigel and Jevon transferred in good academic standing, they will not be counted against KSU. I'm not clear on Foster, Harris and Harris, but I assume that since they were kicked off,they will count against us, even though they all landed somewhere else.

However, it is possible that even those players won't be held against the school... It doesn't make sense for the NCAA to punish a school for booting a kid that failed multiple drug tests.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/How%20is%20grad%20rate%20calculated_oct2014_draft3.pdf

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 02:52:06 PM »

K-State mbb is not in any APR danger. The linked article is based off incomplete information.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 02:54:53 PM »

K-State mbb is not in any APR danger. The linked article is based off incomplete information.

:surprised:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 07:26:06 PM »
question- if you drug test a couple of student athletes for no real reason off season and they fail and you use that failed test to dismiss them from the team, does that affect apr differently than if they just would have left on their on volition?