Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 983481 times)

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #6300 on: October 20, 2014, 01:51:18 PM »
maybe they just improved their call center recently.

:lol:
emaw

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: October 20, 2014, 09:01:54 PM »
I applied for the chase ink plus 70k online and didn't get instantly approved. How mumped am i?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: October 20, 2014, 10:56:01 PM »
Hey, WW, I hope you used MichiganCat's Chase Ink referral link for 70k URs for that credit card. (https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=FBGY&CELL=6LDK&MSC=1515957531) Doing so will enable Rusty to get 10k URs so he can keep taking the Li'l 'Cats on family vacations to Cabo.

If and only if Rusty's link has been filled out by more than five people, all others interested in capitalizing on all the sexy travel you can complete with 70k URs should use noted 'Cat enthusiast WonderMeal's link, posted below. Only three more referrals are available, so act fast.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?PID=CFFD2&SPID=FBGY&CELL=6LDK&MSC=1513843158

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: October 21, 2014, 02:09:22 AM »
I applied for the chase ink plus 70k online and didn't get instantly approved. How mumped am i?

prolly not mumped at all.  especially since it's a business card, sometimes they want a human to look at something.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: October 24, 2014, 10:31:23 AM »
One question though - United hit me w/ a $50/ticket booking fee for award travel w/in 21 days. Because of the circumstances (weather) any chance I could get them to wave it? It's a separate reservation so I doubt it.

Dear michigancat:

Thank you for contacting United Airlines.

I apologize for the delayed response.  Due to recent demand we have fallen behind.

I am sorry your plans for Los Cabos could not materialize.

As per your request, I have submitted for refund the two $50 close in booking fees on reservation */////.  Allow two to three weeks for processing.

The loyalty you demonstrate as a Premier Silver MileagePlus member does not go unnoticed.  Please know that we appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you on board your upcoming United Airlines flights.

Regards,

Steven Henry

United Airlines

:gocho:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: October 24, 2014, 10:32:22 AM »
told ya!

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: October 27, 2014, 09:50:29 AM »
need some credit card consulting once again from my gE friends.  Currently $4k spend away from my next 25k bonus (rounding out the 100k total bonus) for BA Chase card, so I need to be thinking about what's next 

Goal for early 2015: SW airlines double 50k bonus to work towards Companion Pass (but I think I just have to be lucky to have the 50k bonuses available/offered early during the calendar year...right?)

Also, later today I'll be calling in to cancel recent cards used just for bonuses, all through Chase (Marriott 70k, Hyatt 2 free nights, and an old no-fee Sapphire card they opened when I cancelled the plus).  Shouldn't be any issue with any of these cards of losing a bonus that's already earned, right?  Anyone ever cancelled multiple cards on the same call?  Curious to how they'll treat me for cancelling 3/4 cards I have with them...

Also, recently hit my AmEx SPG 30k bonus, but will probably keep the card until the next year's fee comes up as a regular spend card.  Going to also call in on my AA AmEx and try to get the statement credit for 5 purchases or whatever they throw at me every year.  If not, I'll just cancel that one.

Anything else out there worth it? 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: October 27, 2014, 10:18:45 AM »
What's the deal with that AE Platinum thing?  Offer is 100,000 points but I'm not sure if they're useful or not.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: October 27, 2014, 10:26:21 AM »
What's the deal with that AE Platinum thing?  Offer is 100,000 points but I'm not sure if they're useful or not.

they are fairly useful but not as valuable as UR. can transfer to BA, Delta, SPG (though at a reduced redemption), some others.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: October 27, 2014, 10:28:09 AM »
need some credit card consulting once again from my gE friends.  Currently $4k spend away from my next 25k bonus (rounding out the 100k total bonus) for BA Chase card, so I need to be thinking about what's next 

Goal for early 2015: SW airlines double 50k bonus to work towards Companion Pass (but I think I just have to be lucky to have the 50k bonuses available/offered early during the calendar year...right?)

Also, later today I'll be calling in to cancel recent cards used just for bonuses, all through Chase (Marriott 70k, Hyatt 2 free nights, and an old no-fee Sapphire card they opened when I cancelled the plus).  Shouldn't be any issue with any of these cards of losing a bonus that's already earned, right?  Anyone ever cancelled multiple cards on the same call?  Curious to how they'll treat me for cancelling 3/4 cards I have with them...

Also, recently hit my AmEx SPG 30k bonus, but will probably keep the card until the next year's fee comes up as a regular spend card.  Going to also call in on my AA AmEx and try to get the statement credit for 5 purchases or whatever they throw at me every year.  If not, I'll just cancel that one.

50k SW bonuses are available now

UR points may dissapear if that is your only UR card

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: October 27, 2014, 10:30:43 AM »

they are fairly useful but not as valuable as UR. can transfer to BA, Delta, SPG (though at a reduced redemption), some others.

Hey that's pretty good for a $3k spend though.  Like I imagine I'd prefer 100k AE points for $3k spend than even 70k UR for $5k spend.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: October 27, 2014, 10:37:16 AM »

Knew I needed that UR card.

Regarding the SW points, don't you want to earn the points all in the same calendar year and next year would be best because as soon as I hit the amount needed for companion, it becomes valid for the rest of that year and the next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: October 27, 2014, 10:51:24 AM »

Hey that's pretty good for a $3k spend though.  Like I imagine I'd prefer 100k AE points for $3k spend than even 70k UR for $5k spend.

A) I would value 70k UR higher than 100k MR but that comes down to what you like to use them for
B) Check the annual fee on that AMex Plat card

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: October 27, 2014, 11:02:16 AM »

A) I would value 70k UR higher than 100k MR but that comes down to what you like to use them for
B) Check the annual fee on that AMex Plat card

Roger.  (I like to use them for like Delta or United flights.  Occasionally SW, and occasionally for a rental car.)  :thumbs:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: October 28, 2014, 08:18:13 PM »
Got the Chase Ink Plus.  Whew.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6315 on: October 31, 2014, 01:24:36 PM »

Regarding the SW points, don't you want to earn the points all in the same calendar year and next year would be best because as soon as I hit the amount needed for companion, it becomes valid for the rest of that year and the next year?

SD? ^^^

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: October 31, 2014, 01:38:17 PM »

SD? ^^^

you want to EARN them all in one year but ideally have them post in January so you essentially get 2 years of companion pass.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: November 03, 2014, 09:30:16 PM »
Grand Hyatt Kauai:

O

M

G
emaw

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: November 03, 2014, 11:17:39 PM »

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: November 04, 2014, 01:39:33 AM »
everything I thought it could be and more
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: November 04, 2014, 07:38:11 AM »
I may have like 30 delta drink coupons coming that I won't be able to use before they expire (no idea how long they are going to be valid) so if any of you drunk delta studs want them I'll mail them to you (unless they don't expire for like two years then I'm boozing all of them)

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: November 04, 2014, 07:39:08 AM »
it's @mocat

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: November 04, 2014, 07:43:40 AM »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: November 04, 2014, 08:01:10 AM »
I may have like 30 delta drink coupons coming that I won't be able to use before they expire (no idea how long they are going to be valid) so if any of you drunk delta studs want them I'll mail them to you (unless they don't expire for like two years then I'm boozing all of them)

how did you happen upon 30 of them? i'll take a few if you don't want them!  :drool:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: November 04, 2014, 08:38:24 AM »

how did you happen upon 30 of them? i'll take a few if you don't want them!  :drool:

booking my company's business travel (goEMAW).

https://skybonus.delta.com/mainMenu.sb?Region_Code=NA&POS_Country_Code=US&Actor=Corporate&Code=BIZ&Language=EN

I had 35k of these points sitting around I was never going to use so I decided to just cash 30k of them in for 30 drink coupons and drink as many as I could and give the rest to you guys.