Author Topic: what if jerry ertz is a complete badass??  (Read 148241 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: what if jimmy ertz is a complete badass??
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2016, 09:02:54 PM »
I would love a Kim Carnes breakdown of this team. Position by position break down.

Which part of my post prompted you to post this?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2016, 09:11:53 PM »
I would love a Kim Carnes breakdown of this team. Position by position break down.

The fact you crap on every thread. The fact you hate optimism from MIR. The fact you've been removed from mhk for years. The fact that you just crap on every thread, with no knowledge, to get a reaction.  :dunno: I'd be surprised if you could list 6 K-State players for football (without googling) in the next 5 minutes.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2016, 09:26:40 PM »
CASE CLOSED!

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2016, 09:30:15 PM »

The fact you crap on every thread. The fact you hate optimism from MIR. The fact you've been removed from mhk for years. The fact that you just crap on every thread, with no knowledge, to get a reaction.  :dunno: I'd be surprised if you could list 6 K-State players for football (without googling) in the next 5 minutes.

Weird, bc all I said was there was no way of knowing that bill wasn't going to run ertz a lot bc there is actually no way of knowing that and previous history would indicate that what he said is very unlikely.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2016, 09:42:39 PM »
case reopened?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2016, 10:07:53 PM »
I'm confused as to why you guys think he's going to be used like Bazooka Joe and Klein were. Snyder has done that with two guys like ever and he did it with big dudes who can't throw. He wasn't ramming Sams and Waters head first into the line 20 times a game.

Somewhat true with regard to Waters, particularly his senior year.  But way off with regard to Sams.  Go watch Bu at KSU 2013; Sams was a one-man show.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2016, 10:13:01 PM »
For what it is worth, I am pro-battering–ram offense so long as we have the horse (or horses) to do it.  I think our offensive coaches are perhaps the best in the nation if we have a good running quarterback.  We have essentially invented and perfected this style of football, which confuses and stretches the defense while also keeping turnovers very low.  When we have a qb, it is pretty amazing to watch.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2016, 12:15:14 AM »
I'm confused as to why you guys think he's going to be used like Bazooka Joe and Klein were. Snyder has done that with two guys like ever and he did it with big dudes who can't throw. He wasn't ramming Sams and Waters head first into the line 20 times a game.

A lot of your posts are way too confident, like u think u actually know what he is going to do with ertz?  U have no clue, no one does.  And he ran Sams all the time so idk wtf u r talking about re: that.

its like MIR doesn't even remember CCQ or GG

Somewhat true with regard to Waters, particularly his senior year.  But way off with regard to Sams.  Go watch Bu at KSU 2013; Sams was a one-man show.

Where in the hell did I say anything about Ertz not running? Read better dummies.

wetwillie, you should be embarrassed to be lumped in with a parody poster and a certified moron

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2016, 12:48:50 AM »
For what it is worth, I am pro-battering–ram offense so long as we have the horse (or horses) to do it.  I think our offensive coaches are perhaps the best in the nation if we have a good running quarterback.  We have essentially invented and perfected this style of football, which confuses and stretches the defense while also keeping turnovers very low.  When we have a qb, it is pretty amazing to watch.

Lol, if we have a great quarterback our coaches are good. But, okay, real talk...in that 02 USC game in the "vids that get you pumped" thread we did some read option sprint toward the line and then throw a quick slant crap. And I do not remember anyone doing that before like 2012, and yet, there it was, 14 years ago.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2016, 09:02:59 AM »

A lot of your posts are way too confident, like u think u actually know what he is going to do with ertz?  U have no clue, no one does.  And he ran Sams all the time so idk wtf u r talking about re: that.

Where in the hell did I say anything about Ertz not running? Read better dummies.

wetwillie, you should be embarrassed to be lumped in with a parody poster and a certified moron

This is where you get yourself in trouble, rain.  You said he didn't ram Sams into the line 20 times a game.  Yes, he did.  When Sams played, we used him pretty much like we used Klein.  Just admit you were wrong.  It doesn't detract from your point, which is that our coaches play to the strengths of the personnel, like where they started running Waters less and having him pitch it all over the field.  (See WVU 2014.)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2016, 11:53:18 AM »
Sams didn't do anything 20 times a game other than the OSU game. But he was utilized in the run game completely differently than Klein and Huebner were because they have completely different skill sets. You can't say in one sentence that Snyder does a good job of utilizing talent but the sentence before insist that he used a speedy athlete the same way he used a bulldozer. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2016, 12:21:04 PM »
Sams didn't do anything 20 times a game other than the OSU game. But he was utilized in the run game completely differently than Klein and Huebner were because they have completely different skill sets. You can't say in one sentence that Snyder does a good job of utilizing talent but the sentence before insist that he used a speedy athlete the same way he used a bulldozer. That doesn't make any sense at all.

You're right, Rain, we didn't run Sams 20 times against Baylor.  We ran him f'n 30 times.  For 199 yards.  Exact same plays we ran with Klein the year before (and especially in 2011). 

Sams had 27 carries against OSU.

What doesn't make sense is your inability to admit you were just flat out wrong.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2016, 12:21:59 PM »
Would bet a mid sized car that the first play from the offense is a QB run.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2016, 12:25:28 PM »

You're right, Rain, we didn't run Sams 20 times against Baylor.  We ran him f'n 30 times.  For 199 yards.  Exact same plays we ran with Klein the year before (and especially in 2011). 

What doesn't make sense is your inability to admit you were just flat out wrong.

If you can substantiate what I bolded I'll gladly admit I was wrong, I recall Sam's running outside of the tackles a lot.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2016, 12:33:40 PM »
Would bet a mid sized car that the first play from the offense is a QB run.

First series but no way the first play, Charles Jones is getting the first touch.
Also remember for QBs and any potential durability the NCAA has instituted the slide rule this year for all ball carriers. Of course in the past ball carriers were at liberty to slide whenever they wanted to but they weren't protected by rule until they were "down" now they are protected when they start their slide. The two plays I can remember that this rule change would have effected were the Dwayne Slay hit on Allen Evridge and Zac Wegner getting demolished by Jeff Kelly and Travis Litton. I wonder if more QBs will be instructed to slide with the new rule, there will certainly be 15 yard penalties and ejections.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2016, 12:51:23 PM »

If you can substantiate what I bolded I'll gladly admit I was wrong, I recall Sam's running outside of the tackles a lot.
It was definitely outside. I was there.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2016, 12:56:42 PM »

He bounced a good bit of those runs outside, they weren't outside by design.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2016, 01:15:19 PM »

They were the same plays.  Sams was faster than Klein (and not quite as good of reading blocks), so he might have gotten outside somewhat more than Klein, but I'm not even sure about that.  In any event, Sams was beat to living hell after his 30 carries in the Baylor game, which was the main issue raised by your initial point.

For some reason, you seem to think that Sams was like Waters, and that we used him like Waters.  Not at all.  Sams was like 2010/11 Klein.

Your overall original point was valid, but you should have just used Waters (or Chad May) as an example rather than Waters and Sams.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2016, 01:46:51 PM »

That's all I remember. Not saying it is right or wrong.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2016, 02:56:09 PM »
If Ertz even runs as much as Waters it could be trouble. I do feel like Hubes passed way more than 2011 Klein though, so maybe they are ready to back off the QB run game? :dunno:
Dude was a stud dual threat QB in HS. Barring his injury history, I don't know if you're just assuming he can't run because he's skinny. Maybe the injuries tho.

I don't get the skinny thing given how no one really has said anything like that about Sams that was and he's 6'2 205. That's basically the same person, only diff is his knee is made of glass.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2016, 03:06:11 PM »
Pretty sure Ertz carries at least 30 pounds of that in his head, though.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2016, 03:12:02 PM »
Wut? Smallest head on the team.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2016, 03:36:24 PM »
That photo has clearly been shopped. Look at how messed up Hube's head looks after they tried to shrink it too.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2016, 08:05:39 PM »
Klein ran, Sams ran, must be the same plays!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2016, 08:15:51 PM »

I enjoyed this, you are very skilled at message boarding
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best