Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 631090 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10975 on: January 10, 2024, 12:46:00 PM »
yeah i'm torn whether to buy some and try to sell them to messi fans at a premium or not. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10976 on: January 11, 2024, 10:23:42 AM »
I will post the Jackson County presale code we get as Chiefs employees here.

:impatient:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10977 on: January 11, 2024, 10:27:22 AM »

You'll need a Jackson CO CC zip, FYI

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10978 on: January 12, 2024, 12:53:19 AM »

Actually, eff that. I won't spend another dollar on tickets or apparel until this [redacted] is fired, which I'm guessing will happen maybe by the end of the weekend. However, this is something that will mar my fandom for a while. I'm now Vermes Out and will forever remain that way.

https://twitter.com/SportingKC/status/1745543640275984744

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10979 on: January 12, 2024, 01:04:23 AM »
jesus christ, seriously wilkinson?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10980 on: January 12, 2024, 11:56:42 AM »
Y'all should read this story. Wilkinson had the chance to stop this from happening to these women but not only did he punt on the chance to get this guy out of the sport, he tried to pass him to another club. This doesn't even go into Wilkinson squashing the story of one of their male players beating his wife and his own damn kids. This is horrible and should cost Peter his job as well.

https://theathletic.com/2857633/2021/09/30/this-guy-has-a-pattern-amid-institutional-failure-former-nwsl-players-accuse-prominent-coach-of-sexual-coercion/?source=user-shared-article

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10981 on: January 12, 2024, 03:18:31 PM »

Actually, eff that. I won't spend another dollar on tickets or apparel until this [redacted] is fired, which I'm guessing will happen maybe by the end of the weekend. However, this is something that will mar my fandom for a while. I'm now Vermes Out and will forever remain that way.

https://twitter.com/SportingKC/status/1745543640275984744
Same here. It is really really sad and a poor poor choice for the club.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10982 on: January 19, 2024, 09:09:13 AM »
some good news but still will need to rebuild a lot of bridges

https://twitter.com/sportingkc/status/1748359811094245840?s=46&t=lwfIEH6RtBPJuhAZrJcdZg

what a colossal eff up

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10983 on: January 19, 2024, 09:14:06 AM »
Thank god - makes me feel better about the season tix that I got this year (and SKC was not allowing people out of)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10984 on: January 19, 2024, 09:15:30 AM »
These PR statements are always designed to obscure as opposed to enlighten but the statement doesn't even make sense.

"[Sporting KC] ran a diligent and exhaustive process to identify our new Sporting Director. It was grounded in the deeply-held principles and standards we have adhered to since the day we acquired the team."

and

"That said, the impassioned response from our fans reinforced to us a fundamental philosophy that has driven us since Day One: To honor and protect our valued relationships."

so the club is insinuating that they knew about everything, investigated it and didn't think it was a problem but because of the fans they fired him.

It is an insane statement.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10985 on: January 19, 2024, 09:22:42 AM »
I think they trusted Peter and let him do whatever he wanted and he burned the owners. This took a week plus because they had to work out Wilkinson's compensation. Jake Reid might be a casualty of this too. I can't imagine the owners are happy about losing seven figures because Peter hired this guy for a week.

I'm glad they made this move but I'm still not happy, this front office has become so detached from what grew this club a little over a decade ago when the new ownership took over.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10986 on: January 19, 2024, 09:28:17 AM »
I'm intentionally listing this as a separate post because these issues should be separate, but this Wilkinson news distracted everyone from seeing that they opened training camp with undoubtedly a worse roster. They haven't invested hardly anything on this roster despite dropping several high dollar contracts. There's two weeks left in the January transfer window.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10987 on: January 19, 2024, 11:51:01 AM »
It was an absolutely insane and tone deaf "hire," particularly at a time when they are competing for soccer fan's dollars in the market with the Current.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10988 on: January 19, 2024, 04:11:20 PM »
yeah, to your 2nd point mir, it's like they are banking off our "best record since May" team that will be able to replicate that for an entire season, which i'm not buying.  team is aging, lost kinda, and we clearly don't have youth coming up through the system or we don't play them.  holding hope there is still a big signing in the midfield or at center back, and still think banking on pulido staying healthy is a fool's errand.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Hope they can pull this out
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Sigh, a tie
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Luis really took a bite out of Orlando City tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
stadium upgrades were great, crowd was good, 90 +4 and on holy cow, such bullshit

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Clearly got jobbed by the scab refs, but...
1. SKC pretty consistently, the last 3 or 4 seasons or so, has had a very hard time managing the last end of one goal matches. We were a mess the last 15 minutes of that match. We also spend far too much time shithousing and time wasting and it's very frustrating. Good teams don't struggle to close these matches out and we always seem to play them like we're missing a one goal lead against Real Madrid instead of Philadelphia United.
2. The front three have been not just okay, but horrible the first two matches.
3. It's not like we haven't seen the real MLS refs bungle a finish lot that a million times. Yeah, the current refs are scabs, but if the refs on strike are holding out for less accountability, then let them continue to sit.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Philly goal had them celebrating right in front of me in the cauldron which was annoying.  A buddy got hit in the back with a beer.  A Philly player threw beers back and some guy next to me was trying to get security to help him press charges.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Philly goal had them celebrating right in front of me in the cauldron which was annoying.  A buddy got hit in the back with a beer.  A Philly player threw beers back and some guy next to me was trying to get security to help him press charges.
:ROFL:
People on twitter were down on the cauldron for throwing crap. While I would have not thrown anything, those players can't be taunting angry, emotional fans like that and act like they aren't going to get people who are going to act on those emotions.