Author Topic: Who should the new OC be?  (Read 44778 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: Who should the new OC be?
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2018, 02:16:26 PM »
Dickey is the most cerebral logical choice
I'll need a DNA test to determine that thank you.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2018, 02:25:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/jlkurtz/status/961309205163659264

Is this common...trial runs to determine who will be in the booth? A 3 headed OC situation? Is this just Snyder wizardry or the sign of the sinking ship?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2018, 02:55:05 PM »
OC Hunger Games

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2018, 02:58:31 PM »

Is this common...trial runs to determine who will be in the booth? A 3 headed OC situation? Is this just Snyder wizardry or the sign of the sinking ship?
Pretty sure it's gonna be exacly like I said before all the dumbasses got caught up in a race war. Coleman will get two options and choose one.  Which BTW, he can be on the sidelines to do.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2018, 03:02:17 PM »
That race war was definitely epic
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2018, 03:10:35 PM »
So. . .kinda like when you are playing a football video game and you can select play type ie "pass" or "run" which then lets you select what coach suggests on each down. I'm not sure if this is a novel idea but it is an interesting one.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2018, 05:12:12 PM »
Dickey is the most cerebral logical choice
I'll need a DNA test to determine that thank you.

Dickey's wife may, shall I say, muddy the waters.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2018, 07:01:37 PM »
:lol:

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2018, 12:11:48 PM »

Pretty sure it's gonna be exacly like I said before all the dumbasses got caught up in a race war. Coleman will get two options and choose one.  Which BTW, he can be on the sidelines to do.

Ha...maybe this'll work, assuming the three have a good working relationship...which I have no idea about.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 19, 2018, 08:37:07 AM »
Didn't Snyder, back in the day, have two co-coordinators suggest a play and he'd pick the winner?

I'm assuming Coleman will now be the decision maker w/ the other two making suggestions. Snyder probably opts out unless super critical moment in game.

The playcaller has to be in the box.  Coleman does a lot of coaching on the sidelines.  I think Klein is a better personality for being up there grinding over down/distance/situation play selection.

What in the world are you talking about? There are play callers on the sideline all over the place, on every level of football. The Big 12 champion has the head coach calling plays.

what he's trying to say is white people are better at numbers/critical thinking. I disagree, personally.

Only a rascist would read race into this post.  Race card race card etc yawn.

Look at Coleman on sideline.  Look at Klein when he used to be there.  Coleman is animated, fired up, coaching, hands on.  Klein is not.  Now, which of those two would you rather stick up in the box?  And which of those two would you want on the sideline.  It’s about personality.

Do you seriously not understand that your opinion is completely based on your observation and nothing else? Additionally that observation, intentional or not, plays off of a stereotype about blacks being emotional and whites bring cerebral, you really don't see that?

And before you say anything about "race card" please know the first time you made this observation, I didn't address it in this manner, benefit of the doubt. The second time you made the point it becomes a little harder to ignore.
Dude...it's an internet message board. With few exceptions, every post on this board is based on the poster's opinion. You seem to have a boner for attacking others opinions. Your counter-posts are no more based in fact than any of the other crap posted here.

This can be true. What can be equally true is that people's opinion's contain a racial element. This is America, jfc, and racial element does not always mean racist element. But all kinds of language and opinion are embedded in racial assumptions, regardless of the explicit intention of the speaker/poster. The fact that this isn't just elementary historical knowledge in our citizenry and instead we always get de-evolution into whiny, panties wearing "you played the race card" retorts is pretty rough ridin' depressing.

But yea, the fiery black guy probably shouldn't be "grinding" through down and distance, let him cheer lead and entertain from the sidelines. This is a family stadium after all and we're trying to MAGA.

If Klein was black and Coleman was white, my take would be the same.

Your's wouldn't.

Hypothetical scenario's are fun!

That's all you got?  Pointing out that this is a hypothetical?  No kidding!

Essentially, you are admitting that you would have no problem with my take if the races were reversed.  So I can have a take about what type of personality is best fit for certain job.  But if that take involves a certain race combination, I can't have it (or shouldn't express it)?  That, to me, is weird.

I'm done talking about it.  Race discussions bore me very quickly.
Could this be why?  Those who bring this crap up are self imposed PC police, who jump at the chance to give their "I'm a better person than you" opinions.

Dude's, everyone relax, none of this is to indict anyone, but the fact that the simple act of pointing out that language is embedded with symbolic assumptions, some of them racial, results in a Steffy emotional tirade is telling. That's all. This is in the spirit of pointing out that this is a large scale problem, not some problem of the individual mind or of any particular poster on this board. This isn't about individuals.

As far as the cerebral play calling guy in the booth and fiery sideline guy down with the players claim, I, as others on this board have pointed out as well, remain less than convinced that this correlation even exists. How do you know this? How do you know that Coleman wouldn't come off more as a cerebral guy if he were in the booth and not on the sidelines in the midst of it all? I mean Andre was never known as some fiery ra-ra guy as a Cat. My recollection from being in the stands those years was that he was a fairly straight forward, give the ball back to the ref type of receiver. Similar to Klein in that way on the field. Wouldn't personality on the field be similar to personality as a coach?
Actually, I could give a crap about who's in the box or on the sideline.  In Steffy's warped mind he thinks CK is not emotional enough for the sideline, but Coleman is.  My take is the stupid rough ridin' racist accusations that pop up every time someone brings up a black verses white guy scenario.  Like a bunch of PC kids looking for a chance to add this crap.  It gets old.

Once again, Steffy08 destroys the moron PC internet mob.
https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article218614240.html

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 19, 2018, 09:00:31 AM »
first off, no one is reading that.  second off, way to destroy katdaddy and some other posters i've never heard of

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 19, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »
Didn't Snyder, back in the day, have two co-coordinators suggest a play and he'd pick the winner?

I'm assuming Coleman will now be the decision maker w/ the other two making suggestions. Snyder probably opts out unless super critical moment in game.

The playcaller has to be in the box.  Coleman does a lot of coaching on the sidelines.  I think Klein is a better personality for being up there grinding over down/distance/situation play selection.

What in the world are you talking about? There are play callers on the sideline all over the place, on every level of football. The Big 12 champion has the head coach calling plays.

what he's trying to say is white people are better at numbers/critical thinking. I disagree, personally.

Only a rascist would read race into this post.  Race card race card etc yawn.

Look at Coleman on sideline.  Look at Klein when he used to be there.  Coleman is animated, fired up, coaching, hands on.  Klein is not.  Now, which of those two would you rather stick up in the box?  And which of those two would you want on the sideline.  It’s about personality.

Do you seriously not understand that your opinion is completely based on your observation and nothing else? Additionally that observation, intentional or not, plays off of a stereotype about blacks being emotional and whites bring cerebral, you really don't see that?

And before you say anything about "race card" please know the first time you made this observation, I didn't address it in this manner, benefit of the doubt. The second time you made the point it becomes a little harder to ignore.
Dude...it's an internet message board. With few exceptions, every post on this board is based on the poster's opinion. You seem to have a boner for attacking others opinions. Your counter-posts are no more based in fact than any of the other crap posted here.

This can be true. What can be equally true is that people's opinion's contain a racial element. This is America, jfc, and racial element does not always mean racist element. But all kinds of language and opinion are embedded in racial assumptions, regardless of the explicit intention of the speaker/poster. The fact that this isn't just elementary historical knowledge in our citizenry and instead we always get de-evolution into whiny, panties wearing "you played the race card" retorts is pretty rough ridin' depressing.

But yea, the fiery black guy probably shouldn't be "grinding" through down and distance, let him cheer lead and entertain from the sidelines. This is a family stadium after all and we're trying to MAGA.

If Klein was black and Coleman was white, my take would be the same.

Your's wouldn't.

Hypothetical scenario's are fun!

That's all you got?  Pointing out that this is a hypothetical?  No kidding!

Essentially, you are admitting that you would have no problem with my take if the races were reversed.  So I can have a take about what type of personality is best fit for certain job.  But if that take involves a certain race combination, I can't have it (or shouldn't express it)?  That, to me, is weird.

I'm done talking about it.  Race discussions bore me very quickly.
Could this be why?  Those who bring this crap up are self imposed PC police, who jump at the chance to give their "I'm a better person than you" opinions.

Dude's, everyone relax, none of this is to indict anyone, but the fact that the simple act of pointing out that language is embedded with symbolic assumptions, some of them racial, results in a Steffy emotional tirade is telling. That's all. This is in the spirit of pointing out that this is a large scale problem, not some problem of the individual mind or of any particular poster on this board. This isn't about individuals.

As far as the cerebral play calling guy in the booth and fiery sideline guy down with the players claim, I, as others on this board have pointed out as well, remain less than convinced that this correlation even exists. How do you know this? How do you know that Coleman wouldn't come off more as a cerebral guy if he were in the booth and not on the sidelines in the midst of it all? I mean Andre was never known as some fiery ra-ra guy as a Cat. My recollection from being in the stands those years was that he was a fairly straight forward, give the ball back to the ref type of receiver. Similar to Klein in that way on the field. Wouldn't personality on the field be similar to personality as a coach?
Actually, I could give a crap about who's in the box or on the sideline.  In Steffy's warped mind he thinks CK is not emotional enough for the sideline, but Coleman is.  My take is the stupid rough ridin' racist accusations that pop up every time someone brings up a black verses white guy scenario.  Like a bunch of PC kids looking for a chance to add this crap.  It gets old.

Once again, Steffy08 destroys the moron PC internet mob.
https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article218614240.html

Correlation does not equal causation (I mean look who we played). Also you're still kind of a gross racist.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:49:04 PM by michigancat »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 19, 2018, 01:23:29 PM »
I mean, racisty08 said in the first post that the play caller has to be in the booth and Coleman is too dumb to call plays. The article doesn't really back him up on those points.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 19, 2018, 06:01:38 PM »
Double down on the race card play rather than admit defeat??  Interesting strategy.

:Crybaby:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 19, 2018, 06:46:39 PM »
Steffy do you think we will boat race WVU now that andre is on the sidelines?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best