Author Topic: Christmas Lights  (Read 10515 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Lights
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2017, 08:39:38 PM »
I have not. That's probably the future, but looks like it would cost a fortune to deck out a whole house in those! I also wonder how bright they are.

Gutter guard would be tricky. I wonder if google has an answer for that.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2017, 07:15:26 AM »
I hope you kids can see what a huge waste of resources this is.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2017, 09:02:37 AM »
no, not there yet. maybe never will be.

my in-law's family tradition is to get a tree on Christmas Eve and sneak it in and decorate it while the kids sleep, while you booze which is both cheap and not overly onerous and so we will just do that for now. Our oldest will 100% be the type of kid that will spoil all the myths after being told about them at recess, so I am bracing for being drawn in to an unwinnable war by my wife to fight back against this for the sake of the younger two. So I look forward to that unwinnable war and the day I actually have to read all the long posts by KSUW in this thread.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2017, 09:05:17 AM »
What an interesting tradition
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2017, 09:08:53 AM »
Every year I tell myself I'm going to put up a respectable looking display of lights on my house but then I end up doing something really pud or sometimes nothing at all.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2017, 09:17:29 AM »
I think I'll put one of those single candle things in every window.. go for that Christmas carol look

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2017, 09:18:24 AM »

They claim it is German, but I think it was mostly to save money on Christmas trees.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2017, 09:24:48 AM »

They claim it is German, but I think it was mostly to save money on Christmas trees.

I think this is a brilliant idea.  The less time you have a giant, glowing tree in your living room, the better.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2017, 09:25:34 AM »
How much money do you save doing that kk?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2017, 09:38:00 AM »
My sources tell me there is a nationwide shortage of fraser firs. I'm just gonna have to suck it up and fork over the cash. I am not getting one of those scraggly sappy prickly scotch pines they grow in Kansas.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2017, 09:49:23 AM »
costco sells live trees.  when you are there loading up on the booze just grab a tree and a slice of delicious pizza

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2017, 09:55:53 AM »
I'm all about the Charlie Brown style trees.  Doesn't require loads of decorations, you can put it just about anywhere, and when your done just throw that sucker in a box until next year.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2017, 10:12:31 AM »

I thought it was the Christmas pickle that zee germans did?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2017, 10:17:31 AM »

I thought it was the Christmas pickle that zee germans did?

They do that too

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2017, 10:17:53 AM »
How much money do you save doing that kk?

Pretty significant I think.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2017, 11:05:38 AM »
costco sells live trees.  when you are there loading up on the booze just grab a tree and a slice of delicious pizza

Yup. So do Lowes and Home Depot. Menards' selection kinda sucked last year. Just like with pumpkins, the Kansas tree farms grow some of their own stuff (Scotch and maybe Austrian pines) but the good stuff has to be shipped in from up north because it's too expensive to irrigate firs down here. I miss the tradition of cutting down our own tree, but the firs are too superior to pass up. We'll buy from one of the stores.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2017, 11:16:39 AM »
Wreath on the door. Garland on the porch columns. That's about my limit. I take the Spartan approach to decor.

This plus icicle lights over the porch & enough to wrap the bushes in front of our house. Looks cheerful yet tasteful IMO.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2017, 11:20:13 AM »
I gave up on live trees long ago. They are a falling, shedding, sapping, and allergy hazard and can all burn as far as I care.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2017, 01:54:20 PM »
I gave up on live trees long ago. They are a falling, shedding, sapping, and allergy hazard and can all burn as far as I care.

Artificial trees are sad. And a far bigger allergy hazard for most people because they usually aren't cleaned regularly. Have you ever tried a fir? So much better than pine. Might make you switch back.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2017, 02:24:26 PM »
costco sells the frasier fir tree, only the best from the best store which is costco

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2017, 09:16:09 AM »
For anyone who has those stupid inflatables in your yard for Christmas decor, I just want you to know that it looks like you have a bunch of trash in your yard during the day time when they are not inflated.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2017, 09:29:47 AM »
I bought my tree from Ace Hardware a couple of years ago about a week after Christmas for $50. It's great. It plugs itself in inside the tubes that connect the sections, so you just drop the sections in and only have to plug in 1 cord. The old tree went straight to the garbage.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2017, 09:44:30 AM »
Anyone buying a tree? We were going to get one this week, but then realized we'll be gone for a week on vacation and it's going to need watered. You don't ask a friend or family member to come over and water your tree for you, do you? Can't you get shot for something petty like that?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2017, 09:50:31 AM »
For anyone who has those stupid inflatables in your yard for Christmas decor, I just want you to know that it looks like you have a bunch of trash in your yard during the day time when they are not inflated.

and a bunch of trash inside your house when they are inflated

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2017, 09:52:53 AM »
Anyone buying a tree? We were going to get one this week, but then realized we'll be gone for a week on vacation and it's going to need watered. You don't ask a friend or family member to come over and water your tree for you, do you? Can't you get shot for something petty like that?

https://www.amazon.com/New-2016-Santas-Secret-Gift/dp/B01MXFDL0K/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1512143513&sr=1-5&keywords=christmas+tree+watering+system