Author Topic: A Fine Line  (Read 14669 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
A Fine Line
« on: November 16, 2017, 11:21:20 AM »
I'd like to do a thought experiment. I'm going to list 10 scenarios. Please tell us which of these scenarios you think are ok and which are definitely not ok and which are maybe just a little bit inappropriate. I am interested to see where some people draw a line and how it differs between people. TIA

1. Two 14 year-olds kiss (with tongue).
2. After a year of dating, a 14.9 year-old and a 18.1 year-old have sexual intercourse.
3. After their a first date (to the prom), an 18 year old year old (Senior) and a 14 year old (Freshman) have sexual intercourse. The Freshman wasn't planning on having sex but didn't protest because the Senior is popular.
4. Two fast food co-workers fool around after work. This includes removal of pants but no intercourse. One is 16. The other is the 20 year-old shift manager.
5. A hot celebrity shows their genitals to a fan back stage in the dressing room. They did not ask permission but the fan smiled.
6. A 28 year-old asks a 14 year-old out on a date.
7. 3 friends are playing strip poker. After most of the clothes are off, one of them forcefully pulls another into a bedroom and locks it. The third has to almost break the door down to get them to stop.
8. A drunk person forcefully puts his/her hand down the pants of another person without warning.
9. Two drunk people have sex. Neither of them expressed consent.
10. As a joke, a person grabs the butt of another person. They are acquaintances but not good friends.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:25:40 AM by Mrs. Gooch »

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: A Fine Line
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 12:00:39 PM »
None of those are good ideas, mrs gooch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 12:03:59 PM »
None of those are good ideas, mrs gooch.

OK, maybe I should be more clear. Which of these are sexual assault/harassment/misconduct?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 12:05:18 PM »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 12:18:05 PM »
2 3 5 6 7 8 10

4 was the hardest but I guess depends on state laws.
Personally it’s wrong but that wouldn’t be illegal in ks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 12:19:56 PM »
okay: 1, 9

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 12:35:05 PM »
I'd like to do a thought experiment. I'm going to list 10 scenarios. Please tell us which of these scenarios you think are ok and which are definitely not ok and which are maybe just a little bit inappropriate. I am interested to see where some people draw a line and how it differs between people. TIA

1. Two 14 year-olds kiss (with tongue). - Who cares
2. After a year of dating, a 14.9 year-old and a 18.1 year-old have sexual intercourse. Too big of an age differences. I understand the idea of Romeo and Juliet Laws and the 4 years gap after age 15 thing, but I would pretty much codify that to be the age of the individual in years / 2 + 7 Rounding up for ages like 19. So I 18 year old could be with a 16, 19 & 20 with 17, and every other age on it's all adults, so then who cares. I guess though who would be willing to come forward to provide proof. I honestly doubt if under dating scenarios anyone would turn this particular situation in, and the DA could use some discretion, but still, they should wait.
3. After their a first date (to the prom), an 18 year old year old (Senior) and a 14 year old (Freshman) have sexual intercourse. The Freshman wasn't planning on having sex but didn't protest because the Senior is popular. Statutory rape
4. Two fast food co-workers fool around after work. This includes removal of pants but no intercourse. One is 16. The other is the 20 year-old shift manager. Statutory harassment, if they turn it in
5. A hot celebrity shows their genitals to a fan back stage in the dressing room. They did not ask permission but the fan smiled. Sexual misconduct but if everyone is of age, it should be a rather minor crime
6. A 28 year-old asks a 14 year-old out on a date. Hell no
7. 3 friends are playing strip poker. After most of the clothes are off, one of them forcefully pulls another into a bedroom and locks it. The third has to almost break the door down to get them to stop. Even if you remove the strip part out that's doing something against someone's will, could be battery/assault
8. A drunk person forcefully puts his/her hand down the pants of another person without warning. Some sort of misdemeanor sexual assault
9. Two drunk people have sex. Neither of them expressed consent. Not sure, kind of an offsetting penalty replay first down sort of deal. Don't think either was in the right or wrong, also bet many random hookups happen this way
10. As a joke, a person grabs the butt of another person. They are acquaintances but not good friends. Low grade version of 8, but that should end with a "Hey, don't do that that isn't right/cool" Could be charges but I think you'd have a lot of people subject to this violation, a lot.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 12:37:08 PM »
Do you care about the genders involved? There are a lot of people who would consider #9 a sexual assault, depending on the genders.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 01:21:05 PM »
In 8th grade, our girls had a grab ass contest. Whomever forcefully grabbed the most football players butts by the end of the day, won. I feel violated now.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 01:21:34 PM »
Those were just the times tho...

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 01:26:25 PM »
I don't care about their gender really, but political affiliation would really clear things up for a lot of ge'ers
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 01:30:05 PM »
I don't care about their gender really, but political affiliation would really clear things up for a lot of ge'ers

Sometimes 27 displays remarkable self awareness
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 01:38:43 PM »
#2 would be more like the parents having a problem with it and trying to get it prosecuted.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 01:41:40 PM »
I lived #2, but she was 15 and a half and her parents approved and gave consent, so I definitely feel like it's a case by case scenario.

Also, any hot gems from last years election of Franken attacking Trump for "locker room" talk? I'd love to see those about right now.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 02:21:14 PM »
Yikes

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 02:52:04 PM »
"parental consent"

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 03:05:27 PM »
"parental consent"

Did they know you were having sex? Or did they just consent to the dating?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »
I cannot even imagine a father who would "consent" for an 18 yr old guy to sleep with his 15 yo daughter.  Belongs in Alabama thread?  Worse?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 03:21:37 PM »
Yeah. I can't imagine asking a father if it's ok for you to have sex with his daughter at any age, really.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 03:23:06 PM »
"parental consent"

The mom took her to the doctor to get her on birth control. They took me everywhere. They loved me. I should clarify, we started dating 2nd semester of my Senior year and dated for 3 years after that. I believe she turned 16 at my graduation.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 03:24:31 PM »
Outside the first one, everything in the list seems pretty bad to me, some worse than others of course.

And wacky, my goodness. I mean, you just never seem to be able to top yourself sometimes.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 03:24:55 PM »
When we broke up, he called me saying it has to workout. We were too perfect for each other and they thought of me as part of the family. Freaking out over a 3 year difference is pretty laughable tho. Carry on.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2017, 03:25:54 PM »
Outside the first one, everything in the list seems pretty bad to me, some worse than others of course.

And wacky, my goodness. I mean, you just never seem to be able to top yourself sometimes.
This has been brought up down here before. It was only a matter of time before it got brought back up. I was with her until I was 21 and she was 18.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2017, 03:27:54 PM »
3 years isn't a big deal to me.

15 years old is though.

JMHO.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 03:28:30 PM »
"parental consent"

The mom took her to the doctor to get her on birth control. They took me everywhere. They loved me. I should clarify, we started dating 2nd semester of my Senior year and dated for 3 years after that. I believe she turned 16 at my graduation.
Which of course, I was still a virgin at that point, so nothing had been done, but carry on your judgement goons.