Author Topic: Roll call! Who is on board  (Read 35197 times)

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Roll call! Who is on board
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2018, 09:53:51 PM »
kearneyman, you have low expectations and our dude oscar is not meeting them. sucks for us for sure.
Why are you still awake?

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2018, 09:58:20 PM »
kearneyman, you have low expectations and our dude oscar is not meeting them. sucks for us for sure.

No, my expectations are to be above .500 in the conference, win at least one B12 tournament game and win at least 1 NCAA tournament game a year as a minimum... I am point out that when Huggs / Frank came KSU was in the cellar and we crawled out of that only to return the last several seasons as the cellar has improved and we have not.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 10:01:59 PM by kearneymen »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2018, 10:05:53 PM »

No, my expectations are to be above .500 in the conference, win at least one B12 tournament game and win at least 1 NCAA tournament game a year as a minimum... I am point out that when Huggs / Frank came KSU was in the cellar and we crawled out of that only to return the last several seasons as the cellar has improved and we have not.

ok, my expectations are also that

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2018, 10:38:53 PM »
we'll beat ISU again, win 3 against Texas/Baylor/OSU, win 1 or 2 against the big 5. So we'll be 7-11'ish. Classic oscar year.

To your point, when Huggs / Frank came on board my thought was that KSU had to consistently be better than OSU, ISU and Tech to stay out of the cellar of the B12 (realizing that Tom and Wolly had us in the cellar).  Including tournament games, Frank managed to go 16-7 (70%) against these three teams.  When oscar was hired and we added crummy TCU to the conference and started playing everyone twice, I thought that this would be a great deal for KSU... oscar started out well going 12-5 in the first two years, but now into year six we've fallen to 25-20.  The traditional bottom has surpassed us and I don't see WVU, KU, and OU don't seem to be slowing down...

How can we be over .500 against these teams but they've passed us? That math doesn't work.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2018, 10:42:20 PM »
we'll beat ISU again, win 3 against Texas/Baylor/OSU, win 1 or 2 against the big 5. So we'll be 7-11'ish. Classic oscar year.

To your point, when Huggs / Frank came on board my thought was that KSU had to consistently be better than OSU, ISU and Tech to stay out of the cellar of the B12 (realizing that Tom and Wolly had us in the cellar).  Including tournament games, Frank managed to go 16-7 (70%) against these three teams.  When oscar was hired and we added crummy TCU to the conference and started playing everyone twice, I thought that this would be a great deal for KSU... oscar started out well going 12-5 in the first two years, but now into year six we've fallen to 25-20.  The traditional bottom has surpassed us and I don't see WVU, KU, and OU don't seem to be slowing down...

How can we be over .500 against these teams but they've passed us? That math doesn't work.

My guess is that all of the numbers mean that we are 13-15 against those teams since the first two years.

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2018, 09:42:45 AM »

My guess is that all of the numbers mean that we are 13-15 against those teams since the first two years.

Yep, falling behind slowly.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2018, 11:17:10 AM »

I don't know, dogg. I think we are just stagnant. With the exception of the championship year and the 8th place year we've been a middle table squad. We're no real threat to be a consistent winner but oscar will do just enough not to have wild swings like seemingly every other program not named Kansas and West Virginia. Looks like we're headed for another 6th or 7th place finish; 5th if oscar commits to making some drastic changes and they work, 8th if everything falls apart.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2018, 11:27:26 AM »

I don't know, dogg. I think we are just stagnant. With the exception of the championship year and the 8th place year we've been a middle table squad. We're no real threat to be a consistent winner but oscar will do just enough not to have wild swings like seemingly every other program not named Kansas and West Virginia. Looks like we're headed for another 6th or 7th place finish; 5th if oscar commits to making some drastic changes and they work, 8th if everything falls apart.

I’d rather be on a roller coaster ride like OU then floating along in this malaise with oscar.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2018, 11:28:04 AM »
This team has no chance of finishing higher than any team but Iowa st.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2018, 11:36:50 AM »
You can start the coaching search, Oscar is done after this season

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2018, 11:54:09 AM »
False

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2018, 12:36:34 PM »
Fellers the horse ain't dead yet.  It won't win a thoroughbred race, but we can still do some plowing. We can still be Champions of the Bottom Half.  That should be good enough for the tournament.  Texqs, Cyclones, TCU, OkieDoakies, and KSU will fight for this coveted title.  Our chances get diminished though if Kam is hurt

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2018, 01:46:28 PM »
yesterday changes nothing, we still suck

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2018, 11:22:19 PM »
You can start the coaching search, Oscar is done after this season

Stokes probably saved him for another year. That, and Oscar will fall in to a couple of more job-saving excuses before this season ends.

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2018, 06:47:01 AM »
Fellers the horse ain't dead yet.  It won't win a thoroughbred race, but we can still do some plowing. We can still be Champions of the Bottom Half.  That should be good enough for the tournament.  Texqs, Cyclones, TCU, OkieDoakies, and KSU will fight for this coveted title.  Our chances get diminished though if Kam is hurt

In general I agree, there is no point in checking in now.  I like oscar as a person and he seems to have brought quality individuals (assistant coaches and players) to the program that should make us proud to cheer for.  I will be cheering for KSU to win every game and have on and off the court success. 

That said, I can't see how KSU gets to .500 in this conference.  It could happen, but to get here KSU will need to be beat good teams.  That may sound stupid, but at the moment KSU's three best wins are Vandy, WaSU and ISU who are a combined 23-21 (1-8 in conference).  If you look at their record against P5 schools, our best wins are 2-14.  It is more impressive that KSU won these games on the road, but it is hard to envision that KSU is a .500 team in the B12.

Question: How come every time I type 'Bruuce' (without the double u) it is changed to 'oscar' in my post?  I have tried to go back and edit it but the same thing happens...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:53:18 AM by kearneymen »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2018, 08:06:14 AM »
Without Kam, I'm about to fall out. Not enough depth in the program to make up for losing one of our top 3 players. Its hard for me to see more than 6 Big 12 wins.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2018, 08:37:16 AM »
Sounds like some good old fashioned adversity
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2018, 10:36:57 AM »
Somebody tell oscar that Diarra can’t be our point guard on account of he is a walking turnover machine.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2018, 10:46:24 AM »
Sounds like some good old fashioned adversity

Today's K-State Sports Extra started with:

After a bittersweet ending to a 2006-07 season filled with adversity, K-State women’s basketball entered the 2007-08 campaign with something to prove.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2018, 08:36:35 AM »
Somebody tell oscar that Diarra can’t be our point guard on account of he is a walking turnover machine.

:peek:

Online hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2018, 08:50:42 AM »

:peek:

I won't lie.  The way he handles the ball out top I figured he would surpass Spradling for most pockets picked and run out layups allowed.

The Big Train

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2018, 08:45:30 PM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2018, 10:50:51 PM »
Welcome aboard guys.

Offline porky morgan

• Not the real Porky Morgan
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2018, 10:59:49 PM »
Been fighting this for so long...in. :crossfingers:

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2018, 11:04:18 PM »
Been fighting this for so long...in. :crossfingers:

Also me.  Fought hard to not get sucked in...but I can’t anymore!