Author Topic: Tesla  (Read 28729 times)

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Tesla
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2016, 09:15:22 AM »
Gas is just way too convenient for me to consider electric.

That reminds me of when the first time the KC Tesla stealership came down to Wichita for test drives for a small group of us. They drove two Model S' (Ses'?, Sessess'?) and I asked "So you can make it to Wichita and back to KC on one charge and with the test drives?" "Well we probably could make it down here, but just to be safe we came through Topeka, you know since it's the same distance, and had lunch at Arby's while they got a boost charge. And then topped off here in Wichita before we came over this way. It's so convenient."   :blank:

The product itself is mind-blowingly awesome and fresh, but for the price and inconvenience of it being basically a second car, it's not worth it to me.
yes, I see quite a few of these rolling around SoJoCo and they are always driven by 40+ looking dudes that I am sure have at least one and likely 2 or more vehicles in the garage. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2016, 09:46:11 AM »

it depends on what you'll be using it for. if you're commuting every day from Omaha to Lincoln or KC to Lawrence it's pretty great to never have to stop for gas again. much more convenient than filling up every 3 or 4 days at the gas station.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2016, 10:01:06 AM »

it depends on what you'll be using it for. if you're commuting every day from Omaha to Lincoln or KC to Lawrence it's pretty great to never have to stop for gas again. much more convenient than filling up every 3 or 4 days at the gas station.
yes, it is basically the perfect work car while the wife drives whatever SUV floats her boat and he has a sports car or truck as his weekend car depending on where he is on the golfer to hunter continuum.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2016, 10:43:25 AM »

Doubly nice that you're conserving our depleting resources of crude oil in favor of coal. The US is the Saudi Arabia of coal you know!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2016, 11:00:28 AM »
haha, classic ptolemy

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2016, 06:12:17 PM »

That reminds me of when the first time the KC Tesla stealership came down to Wichita for test drives for a small group of us. They drove two Model S' (Ses'?, Sessess'?) and I asked "So you can make it to Wichita and back to KC on one charge and with the test drives?" "Well we probably could make it down here, but just to be safe we came through Topeka, you know since it's the same distance, and had lunch at Arby's while they got a boost charge. And then topped off here in Wichita before we came over this way. It's so convenient."   :blank:

The product itself is mind-blowingly awesome and fresh, but for the price and inconvenience of it being basically a second car, it's not worth it to me.
Models S

Great internal plural oppy

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2016, 08:51:47 PM »

Filling up your tank so to speak at your house is easier than going to a gas station.  I don't think I understand what you mean.

Yup, I don't get it either. If people only thought about their typical daily driving habits, and where the car ends up every night, or during the say (work, school, etc) there are plenty of opportunities to charge the car up, all without having to go out of your way to "fill it up"
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2016, 08:53:41 PM »

yes, I see quite a few of these rolling around SoJoCo and they are always driven by 40+ looking dudes that I am sure have at least one and likely 2 or more vehicles in the garage.

I would expect that of anyone who is purchasing a car that starts at 60k, regardless of how environmentally conscience they may be.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2018, 07:19:08 PM »
Planning your entire day/week around when you will have a spare hour to charge your car would be so convenient, though.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2018, 07:14:44 AM »
Planning your entire day/week around when you will have a spare hour to charge your car would be so convenient, though.

Thankfully the car plans that for you. Or lolers that you'd think it'd be that hard

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2018, 07:17:01 AM »
https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4160351-tesla-model-3-costs-charge-gasoline-car

Tesla deserves a lot of criticism, but anything from seeking alpha is going to be a hit piece, including this article.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2018, 10:40:11 AM »
https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4160351-tesla-model-3-costs-charge-gasoline-car

Tesla deserves a lot of criticism, but anything from seeking alpha is going to be a hit piece, including this article.

https://www.edmunds.com/tesla/model-3/2017/long-term-road-test/2017-tesla-model-3-monthly-update-for-april-2018.html

i think this car may be a piece of trash, hopefully edmunds is an ok source for cfbandyman

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2018, 08:30:33 AM »

https://www.edmunds.com/tesla/model-3/2017/long-term-road-test/2017-tesla-model-3-monthly-update-for-april-2018.html

i think this car may be a piece of trash, hopefully edmunds is an ok source for cfbandyman

I think (hope) that the Model 3 Edmunds got is uniquely shitty.

Although even from other publications, everything I've read on it is pretty disappointing.  Established manufacturers typically have some problems rolling out new models so I'm not surprised that Tesla does when rolling out their first mass produced car.  A lot of the problems that Tesla has seem to originate by not having a filter between a concept car and production.  As "cool" as some of the things look at an auto show, they are a pain in the ass when it comes to day to day operation.

Hoping they get it right in a year or two and I will look at the Model 3 again.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2018, 09:36:37 AM »
a lot of model 3 reviews are similar to edmunds, theirs isn't a unique situation

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2018, 09:47:38 AM »
a lot of model 3 reviews are similar to edmunds, theirs isn't a unique situation

I've seen general disappointment (rough ride/braking distance) and WTF design moments.  I haven't seen mirrors falling off and screen issues.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2018, 12:55:00 PM »
Tesla folks apply to my company constantly, it sounds like a rough ridin' mess to work there. And it's pretty clear they rushed the launch, so not surprised the Model 3 has issues.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2018, 08:12:43 AM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2018, 10:34:58 AM »
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/farting-unicorn-causes-kerfuffle-between-elon-musk-and-artist-2018-06-27

I like how Musk does stuff like this that surely must offend his customer base. He gives no effs.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »
NERD FIGHT!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2018, 11:36:59 AM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »
i'm enjoying this recent moment of musk making himself look like an bad person and an idiot.  he flew too high for too long.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2018, 11:44:59 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2018, 12:12:55 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2018, 02:16:13 PM »
elon musk is the best of what man can be