Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 630913 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10100 on: October 26, 2017, 11:39:23 PM »
Need to use GAM and TAM to find some scoring options this off season. Also need to find defensive depth since EPB is off to Manchester. Also maybe need to seek out some creativity in the central midfield as Benny can’t be depended on every game anymore. They’ll be able to achieve all of that I believe.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10101 on: October 26, 2017, 11:42:40 PM »
Team has no swag
Meh Gerso Blessing and Benny all have swag
Roger and Benny have some swag but tbh their balls have more sag than swag these days

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: October 26, 2017, 11:45:51 PM »
I'm not a huge D-Rube fan. Thoughts?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: October 26, 2017, 11:47:55 PM »
Better than Dwyer was this season. Is he good enough to be the number nine on an MLS Cup winning team? Probably not.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: October 27, 2017, 09:24:42 AM »
[youtube]https://youtu.be/5rOiW_xY-kc[/youtube]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: October 27, 2017, 09:25:39 AM »
[youtube]https://youtu.be/8SbUC-UaAxE[/youtube]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: October 27, 2017, 09:26:34 AM »
[youtube]https://youtu.be/1D5PtyrewSs[/youtube]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: October 27, 2017, 09:32:07 AM »
I'm done grieving. I can't believe I let this team do this to me, I said it was going to happen. I spent the entire match waiting for it to happen, I still allowed them to let me down.

This was peak 2017 SKC. Amazing defense, indecisive forwards, disallowed goal, Rubio flopping all over the turf, even a saved penalty. Honestly, I would have rather missed the playoffs than have gone through the same damn thing for the fourth year in a row.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: October 27, 2017, 09:43:29 AM »
Better than Dwyer was this season. Is he good enough to be the number nine on an MLS Cup winning team? Probably not.

I keep hearing people mention that he's had more goals than Dwyer since the trade, SO THE HELL WHAT???

Don gave this team bite. He held the ball up. Although Diego did hold it up nicely once last night, first time all season btw, he literally gives this team nothing unique that any other MLS striker wouldn't.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have done the trade, but Diego definitely didn't work out and it is undeniable that this team would more likely have been benefited more than hurt if the trade wasn't made. Dom was a finisher, he could put the team on his back, none of the five rotating players we had up top had that capability. We know Dom can do it because he did it just last season.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: October 27, 2017, 09:47:12 AM »
Ike is so effing good though. he's basically lorenzo cain back there not letting anything get past him in center field

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10110 on: October 27, 2017, 10:33:45 AM »
Gerso does a great job getting behind the defense and doing nothing with it.  I used to like him a lot more than I do now.

My solace this year is that they largely deserved to lose.  Was frustrating watching officials blow games in the past.

Agree with Scott's changes and the swag comment.  Needed someone to light a fire and nobody had it last night.  Needed more creativity than firing a lot of those shots from outside the box.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10111 on: October 27, 2017, 11:21:30 AM »

I keep hearing people mention that he's had more goals than Dwyer since the trade, SO THE HELL WHAT???

Don gave this team bite. He held the ball up. Although Diego did hold it up nicely once last night, first time all season btw, he literally gives this team nothing unique that any other MLS striker wouldn't.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have done the trade, but Diego definitely didn't work out and it is undeniable that this team would more likely have been benefited more than hurt if the trade wasn't made. Dom was a finisher, he could put the team on his back, none of the five rotating players we had up top had that capability. We know Dom can do it because he did it just last season.

meh, maybe, i still fully believe that was an amazing piece of business and would make that sale all over again even seeing how this went.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: October 27, 2017, 02:12:37 PM »

meh, maybe, i still fully believe that was an amazing piece of business and would make that sale all over again even seeing how this went.

No, I agree with that, I still think they should have done the deal. But in no circumstance would I take Diego Rubio before Dom. Dom is better in literally every way.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10113 on: October 27, 2017, 02:59:52 PM »

No, I agree with that, I still think they should have done the deal. But in no circumstance would I take Diego Rubio before Dom. Dom is better in literally every way.

well, except for scoring goals in the second half of the season.  ;)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: October 29, 2017, 10:24:46 PM »
It's that time of year where I have to be relearn this junk to know what to root for in order to get the soccer line imprints off the Seahawks field and the scarves and kilts off these skreets.

https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/924828532336766976

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: November 05, 2017, 11:08:30 PM »
Amazing to see Toronto's stars self destruct and essentially lose a leg before game week.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: November 07, 2017, 10:30:40 AM »
Amazing to see Toronto's stars self destruct and essentially lose a leg before game week.

Both of Giovinco's yellows were crap. I'm not sure what's going on with Jozy, all of a sudden he's gone full Dempsey heel. I'd love to know what happened in that tunnel.

Anyway I think TFC are still heavy favorites, I don't see Columbus doing to Toronto what they did to NYCFC.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: November 16, 2017, 11:51:54 PM »
Caleb Porter quit. Let's get him after Peter gets the USMNT job.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: November 17, 2017, 11:08:57 AM »
Caleb Porter quit. Let's get him after Peter gets the USMNT job.

i like where your head is at MIR

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: November 17, 2017, 12:05:18 PM »
annnd Popovic just left SPR. WTF? That organization ever going to keep a manager?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10120 on: November 19, 2017, 06:31:50 PM »
annnd Popovic just left SPR. WTF? That organization ever going to keep a manager?
I don’t know. I still don’t like MLS owner owning USL franchises. I know that how MLS rules are set up it is basically a necessity, but I just think the whole thing is messy. I know that has nothing to do with your question but just thought I’d throw it out there.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10121 on: December 11, 2017, 04:52:20 PM »
I can't believe they left latif unprotected 

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10122 on: December 12, 2017, 04:59:52 PM »
I can't believe they left latif unprotected

oh that's weird. motherfuck.  :curse:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10123 on: December 13, 2017, 10:22:10 AM »
meh.
He was fun to watch but he was never going to be the every game scorer that this team needs. Given the foursome of Latif, Daniel, Gerso, and Diego; Latif was the least durable and most expendable of the four.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather have Lobato long term. Latif is best as a late game sub but Salloi and Gerso are better than Blessing at that too.

I'll tell you this, if Latif gets significant playing time with LAFC, doubt it, he'll become the most hated player in MLS.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10124 on: December 13, 2017, 12:34:06 PM »
YYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOO DAMN!
 :surprised:
What has been reported since Monday became official on Wednesday afternoon, when Atlanta United the completion of a record-breaking move for iconic Portland Timbers midfielder Darlington Nagbe.

Atlanta sent a potential total of $1.65 million in allocation money to Portland to acquire Nagbe, who has spent all seven of his professional seasons with the Timbers. Portland defender Gbenga Arokoyo will also join Atlanta as part of the deal.

Although that figure depends on contract incentives, it has the potential to be the most allocation money ever exchanged in a single tade, exceeding the total of up to $1.6 million involved in Orlando City SC's move to pry Dom Dwyer from Sporting Kansas City last summer.

Portland receives $1.05 million in General Allocation Money, at least $300,000 in Targeted Allocation Money, and a 2018 international roster spot as part of the deal.

Nagbe has made at least 27 league appearances in all seven of his MLS campaigns since he was selected as the second overall pick of the 2011 MLS SuperDraft during Portland's expansion year. More recently, the Liberian-born Nagbe has become a regular fixture in the US national team since receiving his citizenship in 2015.

Nagbe won one MLS Cup title with Portland in 2015, and although he will be remembered as part of the US group that failed to reach the 2018 FIFA World Cup, he was also with the Yanks during their 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup triumph.

But a combination of reported increased salary demands and the sudden departure of coach Caleb Porter appeared to open the way for a move to an Atlanta side that has immediately established itself as one of the league's glamour clubs in its expansion 2017 campaign.

Nagbe at times has been plagued by frustrations from those who believe his obvious skill should translate to more offensive production than 27 goals and 30 assists over his league career. But he has also evolved into a deeper midfield role, particularly on the international level, and would not face a burden to produce up top on an Atlanta team already laden with attacking talent.

Atlanta's South American trio of Josef Martinez, Hector Villalba and Miguel Almiron combined for 41 league goals in 2017, more than D.C. United, Orlando City, the San Jose Earthquakes and Colorado Rapids scored as a team over their respective campaigns.

The Five Stripes are looking to build on their Knockout Round playoff appearance, and have already added two South American defenders in Argentine 22-year-old Franco Escobar and Venezuelan 20-year-old Jose Hernandez. The addition of Nagbe, along with the return of veteran Jeff Larentowicz, gives Atlanta veteran, talented MLS presence just in front of a backline that improved over the second half of last season to allow 40 goals overall in league play.

Portland may be in for a partial rebuild in a new coach's image following a disappointing loss in the Western Conference Semifinals. Darren Mattocks went to D.C. United in a trade on Sunday, and fellow striker Fanendo Adi has been linked to a potential move to China. The Timbers have yet to announce a replacement for Porter, though reports have former MetroStars and Venezuela striker Giovanni Savarese as the favorite to land the job.