Author Topic: Speaking of oscar-ketball  (Read 51240 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking of oscar-ketball
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2012, 12:19:26 PM »
CaptainCrap, can you shed any light on the athletic department's decision to remove the Bramlage Dog from the concession menus? I loved that thing.

No way, that dog was the only reason I went to games neckbrace's last year.

kraut AND chili? THATS how you do edgy. Did John Currie kill the bramlage dog? Did Frank leave because of the way bramlage dog was treated?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2012, 12:19:35 PM »
Good god I love everyone here, especially Pete, but eff me. I mean we've bitched for 5 straight months about this. Can we take a break? Just give it one rough ridin' season, for christ sake. I feel like we're having the same conversation over, and over, and over... Yes proven loser, chicken nuggets, dumbass, and more. He's also proven to be a winner with other coaches players. Can I atleast enjoy this season before we #burnitdown? Or are we going to have the same convo on every thread, every day? Cause if so, eff it, I might give kstatefans a try again.

I'll do whatever the eff I want, fanning. 

We all agree that Frank's players should have a good season this year.  When that happens, are you getting back on #burnitdown next April once you've enjoyed this season?
I don't know. Just exhusted from reading the same thing. I needed to vent. I think of goEMAW as creative and new. I can only read so many times about how we're all rough ridin' doomed. I mean, yeah, we know. Is there really anything we can do? Currie probably reads this board everyday and laughs in his office. BTW, houli PAK in two weeks.  :excited:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 12:20:44 PM »
Is there really anything we can do?

Yes.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 12:21:56 PM »
Question for the oscar haters:  do you think he'll be successful this year?  (Success being a top 4 finish in the Big 12 and winning at least one tourney game.)

[I kinda think he will.  Not that it would prove anything, but still.]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 12:27:48 PM »
Question for the oscar haters:  do you think he'll be successful this year?  (Success being a top 4 finish in the Big 12 and winning at least one tourney game.)

Yes, easily.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2012, 12:28:06 PM »

Yes, emo. He will. It  will be similar to the haith situation. Then we'll fade into oblivion. But this season:  :excited:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2012, 12:36:37 PM »
So can we agree that there will be no "I told you so" after this successful season? 

I promise I'll turn positive on oscar if we finish in the top half in 2013/14 and have some good recruits lined up.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2012, 12:39:09 PM »
So can we agree that there will be no "I told you so" after this successful season? 

you know there will be

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2012, 12:40:45 PM »

you know there will be
Yep, they'll come out of the woodworks.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Speaking of oscar-ketball
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2012, 12:41:27 PM »
The same people said the same crap about supporting Ron Prince and the athletic department, when some of us objected to the hire and his continued employment.

Guess what our public anger and criticism of Ron Prince did?

It helped affect change, and that change has been a cornerstone of the many factors that have helped create the $150M football facilities enhancements.

I expect Weber to repeat his results at Illinois...win early with someone else's players, and then fail to sustain.

I believe KSU deserves better.  This has inspired me.  What would it take to start a scholarship fund specifically named for those who want to donate to KSU and ensure that it doesn't go to the athletic department in protest to John Currie's hire of oscar Weber?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2012, 12:48:13 PM »
Yeah, this year(and even partially next year) don't prove anything unless he fails.  Success this year doesn't mean anything other than immediate enjoyment for WildWildCat BB fans.  Failure means his coaching doesn't mean that his coaching isn't awesome but that it makes teams worse.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2012, 12:53:14 PM »
What would it take to start a scholarship fund specifically named for those who want to donate to KSU and ensure that it doesn't go to the athletic department in protest to John Currie's hire of oscar Weber?
it's called the K-State Foundation

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2012, 12:58:17 PM »

It helped affect change
Getting embarrassed by KU and Mizzou and Nebraska did more to affect change than your complaining when he was hired.

Results on the field/court is the thing that will matter most. BW hasn't had any results HERE to judge it yet. That's all I'm saying. You can have a bad feeling or disagree, that's great. have fun. But I really feel like a good number of you would not enjoy a Final Four appearance this year because you're worried about the 2014 season.

If/when BW starts to lose like Wooly did or whatever, then yes, by all means, start protesting with your wallets or show up with bags on your head. But to do so before he even has a half under his belt here, I personally don't get.

Sorry, I know we said we were stopping. Last little burst from me, promise.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2012, 12:58:54 PM »
What would it take to start a scholarship fund specifically named for those who want to donate to KSU and ensure that it doesn't go to the athletic department in protest to John Currie's hire of oscar Weber?

No, it literally is not, because it is not literally stating the fund is in protest of the Weber hire.

I want to take your suggestion to move my money to a KSU donation not affiliated with Weber, and want it to be clear that this is the case.

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2012, 12:59:26 PM »

:thumbs: And I think starting this year the University isn't going to be giving any more money to the athletics department.
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2012, 01:00:38 PM »
The same people said the same crap about supporting Ron Prince and the athletic department, when some of us objected to the hire and his continued employment.

It helped affect change, and that change has been a cornerstone of the many factors that have helped create the $150M football facilities enhancements.

:thumbs:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2012, 01:01:43 PM »

It helped affect change

If/when BW starts to lose like Wooly did or whatever,

You know you should have finished that sentence with "like he did at Illinois."

Just rough ridin' acknowledge that fact.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2012, 01:02:33 PM »

It helped affect change
Getting embarrassed by KU and Mizzou and Nebraska did more to affect change than your complaining when he was hired.

Results on the field/court is the thing that will matter most. BW hasn't had any results HERE to judge it yet. That's all I'm saying. You can have a bad feeling or disagree, that's great. have fun. But I really feel like a good number of you would not enjoy a Final Four appearance this year because you're worried about the 2014 season.

If/when BW starts to lose like Wooly did or whatever, then yes, by all means, start protesting with your wallets or show up with bags on your head. But to do so before he even has a half under his belt here, I personally don't get.

Welp, let's skip past the wallets and bags and go straight to the airplane banners. 

CC, I know you're smart enough to get it.  This has nothing to do with what's fair or unfair to oscar Weber.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2012, 01:07:25 PM »

It helped affect change

JFC dude I am not saying he is the best coach ever or that he didn't struggle at Illinois in some years. Yes, at Illinois he had losing seasons. I am aware, never denied it. You'll notice that I have never once in any thread posted that I was in favor of the hire. That isn't the point. If/when he starts having losing seasons or whatever here, you should protest it however you'd like to do so. If I am not mistaken, he has not yet lost a game at K-State. That's all I'm saying.

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2012, 01:08:11 PM »

It helped affect change

Welp, let's skip past the wallets and bags and go straight to the airplane banners. 

CC, I know you're smart enough to get it.  This has nothing to do with what's fair or unfair to oscar Weber.

Sooooo it has to do with Currie?   :confused:
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2012, 01:14:44 PM »

No, it literally is not, because it is not literally stating the fund is in protest of the Weber hire.

I want to take your suggestion to move my money to a KSU donation not affiliated with Weber, and want it to be clear that this is the case.

oh, i didn't realize that it had to explicitly state that your money is being given because you hate weber.
well i'm sure the university isn't going to get in your way of setting up Pete's Anti-Weber Scholarship fund.  i thought you were just looking for the flexibility that the foundation affords.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »
I would like to point out that anyone who wants to donate money in anger at oscar Weber or John Currie or really anyone is welcome to do so to the #fatty4ksu fund and we will recognize their donation as such.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2012, 01:17:09 PM »

This also works to rationalize away any terrible hire.

"HOW CAN YOU KNOW HE'LL FAIL?!?  KEEP DONATING MONEY AND BUYING TICKETS*

* AT LEAST UNTIL HE FAILS, THEN FEEL FREE TO STOP"

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2012, 01:17:47 PM »

It helped affect change

JFC dude I am not saying he is the best coach ever or that he didn't struggle at Illinois in some years. Yes, at Illinois he had losing seasons. I am aware, never denied it. You'll notice that I have never once in any thread posted that I was in favor of the hire. That isn't the point. If/when he starts having losing seasons or whatever here, you should protest it however you'd like to do so. If I am not mistaken, he has not yet lost a game at K-State. That's all I'm saying.

Fair enough.  I still love you.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2012, 01:18:47 PM »

It helped affect change

Sooooo it has to do with Currie?   :confused:

Specifically the fact that the unprecedented fun of the last 5 years has been terminated and replaced with a Weber-type, and that Currie thinks you're all too stupid to be upset about it for a number of reasons the marketing think tank came up with, such as "Weber has more career wins than Frank."