Author Topic: Speaking of oscar-ketball  (Read 51229 times)

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Speaking of oscar-ketball
« on: August 15, 2012, 05:44:42 PM »
I see that today is the priority deadline for renewing season tickets.  Does anyone know how much season ticket sales have fallen compared to last year?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking of oscar-ketball
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 06:57:51 PM »
I see that today is the priority deadline for renewing season tickets.  Does anyone know how much season ticket sales have fallen compared to last year?

oscar-ketball, that's a great one.  i got a buddy who works in the AD and he said that season ticket sales are up 300% over last year.  sounds like frank's schtick had run its course with our fanbase.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:51:58 PM »
I got a phone call saying "you forgot to renew your season tickets, how can I help you do that now." I just laughed and said I'm not paying $550 per year to watch a guy who just got crap canned for going
 under .500 the last 6 years in the BigTen because our AD doesn't give a crap about trying to field a top level basketball program. Just got a sorry you feel that way, to which I replied, "too bad our AD doesn't feel that same way."
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 11:05:30 PM »
Can we just merge all these oscar threads into one? It's getting a little GPC up in here. We get it, he sucks, he likes chicken nuggets, #burnitdown, DUR DUR DUR. :Sigh:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 09:08:34 AM »
I got a phone call saying "you forgot to renew your season tickets, how can I help you do that now." I just laughed and said I'm not paying $550 per year to watch a guy who just got crap canned for going
 under .500 the last 6 years in the BigTen because our AD doesn't give a crap about trying to field a top level basketball program. Just got a sorry you feel that way, to which I replied, "too bad our AD doesn't feel that same way."

Good job supporting K-State.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 09:20:10 AM »
"Hello Mr. Eisenbach, you haven't renewed your season tickets for Penn St football this year, how can I help you do that now?"

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 09:23:52 AM »

although i disagree with how we went about doing it, he should definitely not support the athletic department if he feels like the AD isn't best representing his idea of how athletics, specifically basketball should be run.  as adjc knows well, dollars speak the loudest and he shouldn't give his money to something that he doesn't believe in.

he didn't indicate what he's doing with the $500, maybe he gave it to the university and it became part of the record setting $121m.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 09:28:43 AM »

although i disagree with how we went about doing it, he should definitely not support the athletic department if he feels like the AD isn't best representing his idea of how athletics, specifically basketball should be run.  as adjc knows well, dollars speak the loudest and he shouldn't give his money to something that he doesn't believe in.

he didn't indicate what he's doing with the $500, maybe he gave it to the university and it became part of the record setting $121m.

The guy hasn't coached a single game at K-State.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 09:38:31 AM »
you can't openly mock people wanting to hire doug gottlieb and use the "he hasn't coached a single game at KState" defense at the same time.  you have to pick one or the other.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 09:43:35 AM »
you can't openly mock people wanting to hire doug gottlieb and use the "he hasn't coached a single game at KState" defense at the same time.  you have to pick one or the other.

If we had hired Gottlieb (which I would not have liked) I would say the same thing to anyone who didn't like the hire. I support K-State and the people the work there until they give me reason to not do so. oscar hasn't given anyone reason to not support him here, other than you didn't like the hire. That's not enough of a reason imo.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 09:49:19 AM »
I also didn't renew.  However, I plan on attending 3 or 4 games this year and will be watching the crap out of KSU on tv. 

I plan to take advantage of several good games in conference being on weeknights.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 09:49:29 AM »

If we had hired Gottlieb (which I would not have liked) I would say the same thing to anyone who didn't like the hire. I support K-State and the people the work there until they give me reason to not do so. oscar hasn't given anyone reason to not support him here, other than you didn't like the hire. That's not enough of a reason imo.

Quote from: rest of this thread
'Clams supports oscar / KSU hoops
Sys calls people nazis
Someone talks about how bad oscar was at Illinois recently
CC says we need to give him a chance, support our university
and so on
and so on

/thread
:adios:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 09:49:41 AM »

The guy hasn't coached a single game at K-State.

i'm understand that and am one of the few here that are trying not to prejudge weber, despite how hard it is not to. 

my point is that hamburgler doesn't have to agree with the hire, or support it, or support the guy that made it.  he can still support k-state though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 09:51:17 AM »

the reason is he just got fired, failed at his prior job and had just gotten passed over by garbage programs for their openings.  that's plenty of reason.  and, like clams, I'm not one of the people who constantly trash on oscar.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 09:54:31 AM »

the reason is he just got fired, failed at his prior job and had just gotten passed over by garbage programs for their openings.  that's plenty of reason.  and, like clams, I'm not one of the people who constantly trash on oscar.

on top of all of this, we gave him far too generous contract terms including paying him way more than we needed to or what the market would have dictated we should have.  these two things (contract terms/pay scale), probably reflect the most poorly on adjc imo.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 09:57:59 AM »

The Hamburglar is K-State, and so on...

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 09:58:45 AM »

on top of all of this, we gave him far too generous contract terms including paying him way more than we needed to or what the market would have dictated we should have.  these two things (contract terms/pay scale), probably reflect the most poorly on adjc imo.

That's kind of BS, honestly. If we paid BW a lot less you guys would be using that as ammo in your weird "ADJC is cheap" campaign. He's demonstrating that he's willing to overpay to get the guy he wants. You disagree with who that guy is, that's fine... but the fact that he's willing and able to open the wallet to get him should be a positive sign.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 10:02:43 AM »
That's kind of BS, honestly. If we paid BW a lot less you guys would be using that as ammo in your weird "ADJC is cheap" campaign. He's demonstrating that he's willing to overpay to get the guy he wants. You disagree with who that guy is, that's fine... but the fact that he's willing and able to open the wallet to get him should be a positive sign.

I figured it was so that they simply had to change the name on Frank's contract in Word and print it. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 10:04:04 AM »

that's a really weird way to spin paying twice the going rate for something.

let's just not go down this road.  it won't change anything or anyone's take on the situation.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 10:06:56 AM »

I live 5 hours away and have had basketball and football season tickets since I graduated 5 years ago and have only missed 1 FB game for my mother-in-laws funeral, don't give me this crap.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline mancattanite

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 10:13:28 AM »

His base salary is fine imo. The only thing that I have a problem with in his contract is that he gets a bonus if he makes the NIT or has at least a 10-8 record in the Big 12.  Bonuses should only be for success. NIT is mediocrity. 10-8 big 12 record is mediocrity. :facepalm:

... but I really like the bonuses he gets for the academic success of our team, based on the Academic Progress Rate/ Graduation rate.  I like that. I hope all our sports do that.
Never misunderestimate a Wildcat.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 10:15:33 AM »

I live 5 hours away and have had basketball and football season tickets since I graduated 5 years ago and have only missed 1 FB game for my mother-in-laws funeral, don't give me this crap.

Quote from: weirdrobert & captaincrap
Squawk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 10:24:33 AM »

His base salary is fine imo. The only thing that I have a problem with in his contract is that he gets a bonus if he makes the NIT or has at least a 10-8 record in the Big 12.  Bonuses should only be for success. NIT is mediocrity. 10-8 big 12 record is mediocrity. :facepalm:

... but I really like the bonuses he gets for the academic success of our team, based on the Academic Progress Rate/ Graduation rate.  I like that. I hope all our sports do that.

his base salary is way too high, and so are you if you don't believe that.  the dude was looking at going back to S Illinois or another mid.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 11:25:52 AM »
let's just not go down this road.  it won't change anything or anyone's take on the situation.

Agreed. Apologies to burglar, I should have kept it to myself.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »
How are season ticket sales compared to last year?
Where did you get that overnight bag?