Author Topic: jobs  (Read 273906 times)

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
  • Go away, I'm walking on sunshine
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2011, 07:35:30 AM »
lol at fatty asking questions that he already more/less knew the answer to. also, what's my favorite number?

not true rick. just not true. in fact, i realized i was wrong.

Oh well. I guess science/learning time is over.  :blank:
It's never over! 

:dubious:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2011, 08:02:56 AM »
why does one get that thin? is it just that the cancer cells just suck all the energy in your body? are they very inefficient or something?

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2008/06/13/steve-jobs-life-after-the-whipple/

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2011, 08:56:27 AM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2011, 09:39:30 AM »
I would like to thank him for my MacBook Pro - the greatest invention the world has ever seen.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2011, 10:54:33 AM »
I would like to thank him for my MacBook Pro - the greatest invention the world has ever seen.

why so? it's very expensive.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2011, 10:54:56 AM »

why so? it's very expensive.
:lol:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2011, 11:59:11 AM »
ipods and the other stuff are nice and everything, but people are getting way too caught up in his death. It's not like the second coming of Christ just died. It's not like you brother or sister just died either. Don't need to update your facebook status every 2 hours with another Steve Jobs quote or change your profile picture to him. Yeah, Apple has some nice inventions but he didn't make them with his own hands, or magically crap them out his ass, he just owned the company that did.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »
I bet warren buffett and bill gates have a good chuckle over this at their next bridge game

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2011, 12:01:52 PM »
ipods and the other stuff are nice and everything, but people are getting way too caught up in his death. It's not like the second coming of Christ just died. It's not like you brother or sister just died either. Don't need to update your facebook status every 2 hours with another Steve Jobs quote or change your profile picture to him. Yeah, Apple has some nice inventions but he didn't make them with his own hands, or magically crap them out his ass, he just owned the company that did.

:facepalm:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2011, 12:15:37 PM »

well, alot of it has to do with the way he died.

Cancer is totally in right now.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2011, 12:17:28 PM »

congrats trim

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2011, 12:33:05 PM »
Apple was very good at marketing. My god, i never saw this commercial before.

http://www.youtube.com/v/8rwsuXHA7RA?version=3&hl=en_US
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2011, 12:54:08 PM »

u mad?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2011, 01:04:55 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2011, 01:17:09 PM »

congrats trim

:gocho:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2011, 01:33:36 PM »

u mad?
no.  you look really stupid minimizing what he did at apple by simply calling him the owner of the company.  but that's your prerogative.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »
comparisons to edison and einstein?  okay, that's it.  eff him.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2011, 05:19:32 PM »
He tooted his own horn enough. No need for us to do it for him as well, guys.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2011, 05:21:06 PM »

I just saw an article thanking him for Woody and Buzz Lightyear.  Yeah, Steve Jobs thought up Toy Story by himself.  In fact he even drew the whole rough ridin' trilogy by hand, didn't even have to use any computers for it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2011, 05:23:09 PM »

I just saw an article thanking him for Woody and Buzz Lightyear.  Yeah, Steve Jobs thought up Toy Story by himself.  In fact he even drew the whole rough ridin' trilogy by hand, didn't even have to use any computers for it.

why does this stuff piss people off so much?  do you think Walt Disney did all of that for everything from the mouse to the slutty mermaid?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2011, 05:24:17 PM »

I just saw an article thanking him for Woody and Buzz Lightyear.  Yeah, Steve Jobs thought up Toy Story by himself.  In fact he even drew the whole rough ridin' trilogy by hand, didn't even have to use any computers for it.

do you think Walt Disney did all of that for everything from the mouse to the slutty mermaid?

that point will be valid once i start seeing Walt Disney statuses.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2011, 05:25:17 PM »
comparisons to edison and einstein?  okay, that's it.  eff him.

do you think Walt Disney did all of that for everything from the mouse to the slutty mermaid?

that point will be valid once i start seeing Walt Disney statuses.

do you not think you would have been whenever he was alive/died?  The fact remains, he was ultimately the most responsible person for all of them.  eff, I don't even know what Jobs' relationship with Pixar was but if he was head crap or something he deserves the rec.  Lea Iacoca (no idea on spelling) gets all the pub for the Mustang for eff sakes.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2011, 05:28:48 PM »
i don't know SD. I cannot predict the past.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2011, 05:28:57 PM »
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2011, 05:31:10 PM »
Jobs owned Pixar after getting fired from Apple.