Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 893510 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #5550 on: February 27, 2018, 02:20:42 AM »

she has such little experience it’s hard to believe
i can see her taking it though for no other reason than to break that glass ceiling

He doesn't think she'll take it because it takes her farther away from potentially taking over from Pop when he leaves. Four years as a full-time NBA assistant is definitely experienced enough to take a job in the Mountain West.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: February 27, 2018, 02:29:34 AM »
3.5 seasons, not years, and I completely disagree

her knowledge of the game wouldn’t be the issue, obviously
but being the ceo of a college program would take a lot of knowledge that only comes from being immersed within the college game, something she hasn’t touched for almost 2 decades

sure, hiring smart assistants that she can offload things to would help but no way

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: February 27, 2018, 03:04:12 AM »
Luke Walton was an assistant for 2.5 seasons before he got the highest profile job in the NBA.

There are other current assistants like Jerry Stackhouse, Coby Karl, Corliss Willamson, and Mark Madsen who could absolutely get mid-major jobs if they wanted them, and none of them coached with Pop.

And there's other former players who got jobs with far less experience like Rex Walters and Kevin Ollie.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: February 27, 2018, 06:17:18 AM »
Luke Walton was an assistant for 2.5 seasons before he got the highest profile job in the NBA.

There are other current assistants like Jerry Stackhouse, Coby Karl, Corliss Willamson, and Mark Madsen who could absolutely get mid-major jobs if they wanted them, and none of them coached with Pop.

And there's other former players who got jobs with far less experience like Rex Walters and Kevin Ollie.

You don’t need experience to coach in the NBA, they hand out those jobs to people with 0 years of coaching experience.  Rex Walters sucked balls as a college coach,  Ollie is about to get fired.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: February 27, 2018, 06:28:45 AM »
Weber will be a hot commodity this spring

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: February 27, 2018, 09:49:37 AM »

none of these examples make what i'm arguing wrong, or you right.  if anything, they bolster my point.  you actually believe it to be a good idea to hire someone with hammon's experience.  odd take, but it's yours.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: February 27, 2018, 01:00:31 PM »

Why are Corliss Williamson (head coach at Central Arkansas) and Mark Madsen (assistant at Stanford) on this list?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: February 27, 2018, 02:50:10 PM »

Why are Corliss Williamson (head coach at Central Arkansas) and Mark Madsen (assistant at Stanford) on this list?

I had no idea that Big Nasty coached Central Arkansas. Also didn't know that Mad Dog was at Sanford.

none of these examples make what i'm arguing wrong, or you right.  if anything, they bolster my point.  you actually believe it to be a good idea to hire someone with hammon's experience.  odd take, but it's yours.

I definitely didn't bolster any point you made. I'm also not interested in proving or disproving any point either of us have made. The bottom line is that they are interested in her and she may not take the job because she's been led to believe that an NBA job is eminent for her. There also have been several other coaches across all major sports that have been given a shot with a similar resume. Those are facts, there's nothing to prove, I didn't make a statement on how effective she'll be.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: February 27, 2018, 02:51:26 PM »

You don’t need experience to coach in the NBA, they hand out those jobs to people with 0 years of coaching experience.

Like who?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: February 27, 2018, 02:55:24 PM »

I had no idea that Big Nasty coached Central Arkansas. Also didn't know that Mad Dog was at Sanford.

I definitely didn't bolster any point you made. I'm also not interested in proving or disproving any point either of us have made. The bottom line is that they are interested in her and she may not take the job because she's been led to believe that an NBA job is eminent for her. There also have been several other coaches across all major sports that have been given a shot with a similar resume. Those are facts, there's nothing to prove, I didn't make a statement on how effective she'll be.

good god. 

me: she doesn't have enough experience
you: listed a bunch of people with no experience

me: and look at them
you:  i wasn't making a point

:lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: February 27, 2018, 02:56:26 PM »
hey lady who hasn't been involved in college coaching ever- go make history and become the first men's d1 head hoops coach!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: February 27, 2018, 03:12:46 PM »

You don’t need experience to coach in the NBA, they hand out those jobs to people with 0 years of coaching experience.

Like who?

Steve Kerr and Mark Jackson and Jason Kidd immediately come to mind

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: February 27, 2018, 03:20:57 PM »

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #5564 on: February 27, 2018, 03:22:10 PM »
Avery Johnson?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5565 on: February 27, 2018, 04:14:44 PM »

Like who?

Derek Fisher too
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: February 27, 2018, 05:18:56 PM »

Like who?

Derek Fisher too

Those are all good examples except for Kerr, he was in player personnel for the Suns, GM I think. Avery was an assistant fora year or two. Kidd and DFish were the ones who went directly from the court.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: February 27, 2018, 05:29:42 PM »

good god. 

me: she doesn't have enough experience
you: listed a bunch of people with no experience

me: and look at them
you:  i wasn't making a point

I was simply illustrating that hiring an NBA assistant with <5 years coaching experience is not without precedent. I'll say it slower for you this time, maybe you'll read it this time, I have no opinion on whether or not she'll be successful. You think she isn't experienced enough to be a good hire? Okay cool, grats on the opinion.

Will she be successful? Who knows? I don't think it matters even a little bit if you're Colorado State. You're going to sell a crap ton of tickets and merch. You'll have more buzz than you could ever imagine and you'll have every game on television. If she's a coaching savant, sweet. If she blows, fire her in three years and you're no worse for wear, where not talking about UNC here.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: February 27, 2018, 05:34:03 PM »
omg

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: March 05, 2018, 08:13:17 PM »
etsu/forbes are on espn2 for anyone who wants to advance scout the guy

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: March 05, 2018, 08:18:38 PM »

exactly what I wanna do, thx

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: March 05, 2018, 08:26:39 PM »

exactly what I wanna do, thx
The UNCG coach looks like a tiny little baby coach so I looked him up and he's actually been there like 8 years.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: March 05, 2018, 08:35:50 PM »
trump staffer doppelgänger

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: March 05, 2018, 08:42:27 PM »
trump staffer doppelgänger
Oh man definitely

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: March 05, 2018, 09:28:10 PM »

Grinder!