Author Topic: state of the union game thread  (Read 8365 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: state of the union game thread
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2015, 04:14:26 PM »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2015, 04:24:02 PM »
Bill's a neocon.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2015, 05:29:50 PM »
Immigrant haters are just awful people.   

I'm a big fan of legal immigrants. We need more of them (people who actually went through a legal process to get here - not just snuck in and then were granted amnesty). I hink people who characterize anti-illegal immigration people as "immigrant haters" are just awful people.

I don't think you understand the whole brought here by your parents thingy.

Yeah, I understand the "brought here by their parents" and "shipped here by the parents" thingies. that doesn't change my mind. It incentivizes a lawless immigration system. But that's libtardism for ya, incentivize bad decisions and lawlessness, disincentivize good decisions.

i bet it's a great family story about how your ancestors got here.   

I actually do have a pretty great family immigration story but for purposes of this discussion I'll just sum it up as "legally" and "before we were signing immigrants up for welfare."

I enjoy it when people proudly proclaim their ancestors came here legally when any white person could come here legally until the 1920's

You mean back before we had a population of 350mil and were signing everyone and their extended families up for welfare? Yeah, we could probably afford looser immigration back then. Not that immigration didn't have constraints even back then. You had to demonstrate a trade, and pass a medical screening. Immigrants with infectious disease were turned back all the time.
Illegal immigrants don't get welfare dumbass.

I suppose it depends upon how you define "welfare" and whether you are differentiating between what's supposed to happen and what actually happens. In reality, illegal immigrants receive plenty of public benefits, from education, healthcare, food, housing, cell phones, you name it. Pretty much any public benefit that's available is available to illegal immigrants, either legally or illegally. Funny thing is these illegal immigrants don't seem to have much qualms about whether they are legally entitled to certain benefits or not.
They're only offered k-12 education and emergency care.

Ok then, so you're just going to ignore my point about there being a difference between what's legally and illegally being received. Ok then, proceed with denying reality.

If they're breaking the law in regards to services they are not entitled to then charge and deport. If I'm not mistaken, enforcement of this happens.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2015, 05:36:21 PM »

I'm a big fan of legal immigrants. We need more of them (people who actually went through a legal process to get here - not just snuck in and then were granted amnesty). I hink people who characterize anti-illegal immigration people as "immigrant haters" are just awful people.

Yeah, I understand the "brought here by their parents" and "shipped here by the parents" thingies. that doesn't change my mind. It incentivizes a lawless immigration system. But that's libtardism for ya, incentivize bad decisions and lawlessness, disincentivize good decisions.

I actually do have a pretty great family immigration story but for purposes of this discussion I'll just sum it up as "legally" and "before we were signing immigrants up for welfare."

I enjoy it when people proudly proclaim their ancestors came here legally when any white person could come here legally until the 1920's

You mean back before we had a population of 350mil and were signing everyone and their extended families up for welfare? Yeah, we could probably afford looser immigration back then. Not that immigration didn't have constraints even back then. You had to demonstrate a trade, and pass a medical screening. Immigrants with infectious disease were turned back all the time.

And illegal immigrants don't use fake documents and social security numbers either.  :rolleyes:

Of course they don't. That would be illegal so, obviously, they don't do that.

Then demand employers stop taking them to use as legitimate documentation to work in this country.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2015, 07:21:14 PM »

And illegal immigrants don't use fake documents and social security numbers either.  :rolleyes:

Then demand employers stop taking them to use as legitimate documentation to work in this country.

This has always been the No. 1 idea imo. Just fine the crap out of business owners who don't do their due diligence when hiring. Throw them in jail on repeated offenses, large-scale neglect of the law.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2015, 11:43:43 PM »
Yes, forcing private citizens to do the work the federal government is supposed to do under threat of civil and criminal penalties is always the best way to go. This allows the fed to preserve precious resources to deal with pressing needs like free community college and partisan IRS auditing.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2015, 11:52:04 PM »

This has always been the No. 1 idea imo. Just fine the crap out of business owners who don't do their due diligence when hiring. Throw them in jail on repeated offenses, large-scale neglect of the law.

That's a great way to put most farmers out of business and increase construction costs.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2015, 08:48:17 AM »
Quote from: Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING,
[quote

Obama's 2015 speech drew smallest #SOTU audience since 2000 http://t.co/TycwqWCeIs via @WSJPolitics

He's just so irrelevant, it's awesome

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2015, 12:55:03 PM »
Yes, forcing private citizens to do the work the federal government is supposed to do under threat of civil and criminal penalties is always the best way to go. This allows the fed to preserve precious resources to deal with pressing needs like free community college and partisan IRS auditing.

You act like these employers are so innocent.   You do know employers advertise jobs in Mexico right?

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2015, 12:56:37 PM »

That's a great way to put most farmers out of business and increase construction costs.

Hence the need for reform.   

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2015, 01:14:44 PM »

You act like these employers are so innocent.   You do know employers advertise jobs in Mexico right?

It's one thing to fine/arrest someone for deliberately hiring an illegal laborer. It's completely another to require some uncertain degree of investigation and diligence, particularly when the fed is totally complicit in the [legal] immigration process.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2015, 07:44:53 PM »

It's one thing to fine/arrest someone for deliberately hiring an illegal laborer. It's completely another to require some uncertain degree of investigation and diligence, particularly when the fed is totally complicit in the [legal] immigration process.

It shouldn't be that hard to implement a nationally-mandated e-verify system where employers have to register their employees ssns, names, and birthdays. With that data, it would not be difficult for the Feds to ferret out stolen identities, and it also wouldn't be onerous on the employer.

Unfortunately, this sort of common sense legislation strengthening enforcement cannot even pass a republican congress because half of them are pro-amnesty.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2015, 08:00:13 PM »
does that work for IC's?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic