Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 233093 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #2475 on: January 12, 2015, 12:08:47 PM »
Lesson learned. If a cop tells you multiple times to put your hands on the seatback in front of you or you will be shot, you should put your hands on the seatback in front of you.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: January 12, 2015, 01:30:27 PM »

Lesson learned. If a cop tells you multiple times to put your hands on the seatback in front of you or you will be shot, you should put your hands on the seatback in front of you.

Cuz America

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: January 12, 2015, 01:45:32 PM »
Land of the free!
:adios:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: January 12, 2015, 04:19:15 PM »
From the MichCat Montana article.

The ruling came after Billings Police Officer Grant Morrison testified he feared for his life when he fired the three shots that killed 38-year-old Richard Ramirez.

This is probably the most important part of it all right here.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: January 14, 2015, 11:43:09 AM »

The ruling came after Billings Police Officer Grant Morrison testified he feared for his life when he fired the three shots that killed 38-year-old Richard Ramirez.

I don't know why that Yahoo article left it out but Ramirez was wanted in a robbery and a shooting the previous night and the cop knew that. He had reason to think that Ramirez was strapped.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: January 14, 2015, 11:56:27 AM »

I don't know why that Yahoo article left it out but Ramirez was wanted in a robbery and a shooting the previous night and the cop knew that. He had reason to think that Ramirez was strapped.

ah that is a pretty big omission.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: January 14, 2015, 12:44:38 PM »

That shouldn't have any bearing on his decision to shoot at all. Anybody could have a gun behind them in the seat whether they had been involved in a shooting or not. If you are told to show your hands multiple times and you put your hand behind you in the seat you will be shot. As a cop, it's certainly information you would like to have before you confront someone, but the outcome is going to be the same, regardless.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: January 14, 2015, 01:47:16 PM »

That shouldn't have any bearing on his decision to shoot at all. Anybody could have a gun behind them in the seat whether they had been involved in a shooting or not. If you are told to show your hands multiple times and you put your hand behind you in the seat you will be shot. As a cop, it's certainly information you would like to have before you confront someone, but the outcome is going to be the same, regardless.

it absolutely should have some bearing. Someone who wasn't wanted for shooting someone would be far less likely to be armed, and probably more likely to be too confused, scared, and pumped with adrenaline when having obscenities screamed at them with a gun in their face. The approach that guy took seems like it would make a lot of bad situations far worse than they need to be.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: January 14, 2015, 03:37:17 PM »

it absolutely should have some bearing. Someone who wasn't wanted for shooting someone would be far less likely to be armed, and probably more likely to be too confused, scared, and pumped with adrenaline when having obscenities screamed at them with a gun in their face. The approach that guy took seems like it would make a lot of bad situations far worse than they need to be.
There was nothing confusing about the exchange.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: January 14, 2015, 03:41:37 PM »
yeah, nothing scary, either. Just your typical traffic stop.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: January 14, 2015, 04:33:54 PM »

The guy was a 38 year old meth addicted criminal that shot a guy in the arm while robbing him the night before. I don't think he was scared.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: January 14, 2015, 04:53:59 PM »

The guy was a 38 year old meth addicted criminal that shot a guy in the arm while robbing him the night before. I don't think he was scared.

huh, maybe if you're a cop and you recognize a 38 year old meth addicted criminal that shot a guy in the arm while robbing him the night before you might approach the situation differently than a random citizen. And be expected to.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: January 14, 2015, 05:28:43 PM »

huh, maybe if you're a cop and you recognize a 38 year old meth addicted criminal that shot a guy in the arm while robbing him the night before you might approach the situation differently than a random citizen. And be expected to.

I think if a cop asks me I'll just raise my hands and not worry about those that don't.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: January 15, 2015, 02:59:26 AM »
If you think someone has a gun in a car call for effing back up or something

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: January 15, 2015, 08:10:41 AM »
Unless you are a cop. It is the job of the police to play judge, jury, and executioner as they stand their ground
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: January 15, 2015, 08:25:43 AM »
my favorite is still the one from a few months ago where the cop approaches a guy who is out of his car at a gas station and asks him for his drivers license and then the guy opens his car door to lean in and get it for him and the cop shoots him.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: January 15, 2015, 08:28:22 AM »
my favorite is still the one from a few months ago where the cop approaches a guy who is out of his car at a gas station and asks him for his drivers license and then the guy opens his car door to lean in and get it for him and the cop shoots him.

this one is a good one because the guy lived AND the cop was charged with crimes

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: January 15, 2015, 09:49:07 AM »

this one is a good one because the guy lived AND the cop was charged with crimes

He was just standing his ground

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: January 21, 2015, 04:19:31 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/video-man-shot-dead-by-new-jersey-police-had-hands-raised/

Sounds like first degree murder to me. I haven't watched the video yet, but the cop had a clear motive, and if the man's hands were raised and his gun taken away, I just don't see how it's not murder.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: January 25, 2015, 08:43:48 AM »
it's not murder because he's a cop.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: January 25, 2015, 09:05:19 AM »
I wish you could see better, when he initially asked them to not move he freaks out and says the guy is moving but the guys right arm is out of the window.  The cop that fired his weapon appeared to be on a different planet than the other cop on the other side of the vehicle who was super calm. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: January 25, 2015, 11:12:45 AM »
it's not murder because he's a cop.

Its also not racist because the cop is black.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: January 25, 2015, 12:53:47 PM »
I wish you could see better, when he initially asked them to not move he freaks out and says the guy is moving but the guys right arm is out of the window.  The cop that fired his weapon appeared to be on a different planet than the other cop on the other side of the vehicle who was super calm.

The cop shot a guy he had previously arrested for shooting at cops. It was a revenge killing.