Author Topic: the wild crusaders of manhattan  (Read 30101 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: the wild crusaders of manhattan
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2014, 10:59:24 AM »
CRUCIFY THEM!  :emawkid:

is yrtle the turtle still on the roster?!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 10, 2014, 05:39:55 PM »
EMADUB I flew back for the weekend but I didn't get in until Saturday morning. :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2014, 12:07:17 AM »
What are games like at City Auditorium? Well just imagine sitting with your best buds/family poking fun of the other team and the refs for two hours while watching your favorite team in all the land bring joy to all who attend. Since we do not follow the tradition of group chants, most one liner jokes are heard by all. Funny jokes like calling refs “footlocker”, telling opposing players their missed dunk was on Ustream & seen by everyone’s grandma, and mocking player’s sound effects are heard echoing the CA. Last Saturday was the last game the Mccers would play in the MHK for this 2013-2014 season. The refs defiantly made it a great one to go to. Both teams were in the bonus faster than it takes to read Jude. We were also blessed with four technical fouls, and all of them made as much since as Revelations. Despite it being evident that the stripes received some darics from Baptist Bible, we annihilated the Patriots. That win gave us the #1 seed in the region.

For those that do not know, The Midwest Christian College Conference Title runs through Manhattan KS. We clinched our #8thStraight conference championship after beating Calvary by 70x7. Well not by that much, but I could not think of a fun Bible joke about beating a team by 60 points. Skinny, Ozark was as clutch as your flight. They slapped us in the face with some fortunate 3-balls in the 1st half to grab a 44-42
lead at intermission. We decided to not turn the other cheek and absolutely piss pound them in the final 10 minutes of the 2nd half. In the last 8 years we have reined king over the MCCC, we have had a 79-5 conference record. It has been amazing to be a wild crusader fan during the Eight Years of Epikrátisi(Greek for Dominance)

Every king has their Bathsheba, ours is post season tournaments. This senior class has not ever won a post season tournament. We have three chances to make that seem like an outdated law. The first one comes this weekend.  Sometimes I joke that some teams we play should just be called byes, but in all seriousness, due Nebrasketball Christian no longer aligning themselves with the MCCC, we  got a first round bye. The 2nd annual MCCC Bracket will be updated after tomorrow’s intense non-scholarship bible college basketball games.

Roll ‘saders.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2014, 12:12:44 AM »
EMADUB will you be walking the narrow path to follow this team? Will you go ever to Samaria or  the ends of the Earth to be one of the two witnesses needed?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2014, 12:12:58 AM »
That was about as close to a perfect post as I think I'll ever see.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2014, 12:14:28 AM »
EMADUB bringin' it as always.   :thumbs:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2014, 12:15:39 AM »
everyone talks in code on this blog

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2014, 12:51:45 AM »
everything i know about the bible, i've learned in this thread.  great work EMADUB

roll 'saders
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2014, 03:20:26 PM »
EMADUB, any predictos about how the footballing wild wild crusaders are going to do on the gridiron this year? What does Phil Steele think?

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2014, 11:33:59 PM »
MCC AND SAUL
AND ABRAM AND JACOB, TOO
1 COMMON FACTOR

http://www.mccks.edu/new-athletic-tradition-begins

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2014, 11:46:49 PM »
Rebirth.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 16, 2014, 11:47:15 PM »
No but honestly they'll always be the Crusaders to me, sorry.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2014, 08:17:20 AM »
this is a tragedy. crusaders was the best possible CC name

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2014, 09:12:43 AM »
this is a bummer, man

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2014, 09:19:04 AM »
Thunder. Ah ah ah woah aha ah ah

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2014, 09:29:30 PM »
Yep, can confirm that sb and birtle the turtle will always refer to them as the crusaders.

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2015, 11:34:24 PM »
Were you locked in the upper room terrified with fear thinking that Manhattan Christian College Thunder season was dead? Well Doubting Thomas, gaze your eyes on these scores! Despite starting 2-11 and losing two conference games, your rootin-tootin thunder have gone into three towns in Missouri and got three important victory while shaking the dust off of our shoes.  Pretty sure the NIV had only one version the last time we lost to CCCB and our streak continued getting a victory 70-47. The other team in our region, Baptist Bible College will not get free pastries at the local coffee shop as they failed to score 70 in our fourth win of the year(76-68). Our fifth win came against the one school that always breaks the ninth commandment by coveting our athletic ability. Ozark, or Krazo(their name backward, lolz), had a great shot to grab a win against us at home. But their potential game winning layup fell Zacchaeus short and the accredited school from the west got a huge road win in City Auditorium East.

Our final two away games of the year will be played over the next few days against Calvary and Union. Then the walls of City Auditorium will be filled with the Holy Spirit/crazy loud M-C-C *clap* chants for 8str8 games. With the conference and region title on line, this last month of basketball may be better than the time I met Bibleman in person.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Big Train

« Reply #167 on: January 23, 2015, 11:46:00 PM »
i saw a group of bb players walking through the ville today, their equipment is top notch, i will give them that

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2015, 11:53:40 PM »
8srt8 home games has to feel amazing
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2015, 12:11:09 AM »
Where the hell have you been?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2015, 12:01:17 PM »
YOU MET BIBLEMAN??? :love:

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2015, 03:46:39 PM »
Tired of watching your basketball team fall short of the glory of JYC?

Tomorrow night, journey your way over to City Auditorium to watch the best Christian Skirmish since Paul and Barnabas disagreed in Acts 15:36-40

7pm. 2/6/2015. The City Auditorium. #BeatOzark

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/58466170?utm_campaign=m.facebook.com&utm_source=ustre.am/:3XjIK&utm_medium=social&utm_content=20150205133224

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2015, 12:13:18 AM »
Sorry for being as “silent” as the first 30 minutes in the new heaven. Lots has happened at the corner of 14th and Anderson over the past few weeks. There has been a time for joy and a time to mourn. We lost one of our own to cancer. Larry Olson was my dorm dad, my cross country coach and my friend. He and his wife were surrogate parents to 80 men every year. He was born on April Fool’s day and lived up to being a prankster throughout my life and always had a fun conversation with the guys in the dorm when pranks happened. He helped all of us know how to love those close to us well and he was the most selfless man I knew. While I helped coach Cross Country this past year, he pushed through the pain and came to every meet he could. I learned a lot from Larry and will be eternally grateful I got the chance to hang out with him for four years. If you pass by MCC or see this thread in the near future, send your thoughts and prayers for his family and the guys in the dorm. You guys rock more than Petra.

If you are a bit sad after reading this, watch this video.  The old will be gone (City Auditorium), the new will come (We better come up with a super duper awesome name for our gym). No idea when all this is taking place but as the Reverend Stephen Curtis Chapman once said "Saddle up your horses, we got a trail to blaze."

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2015, 08:41:02 AM »
Sorry for your loss Emadub.  Sounds like he was a very selfless person and somewhat of a mentor to you. 
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2015, 02:18:04 PM »
Yes, sorry Emadub. Old people that we grow through the college years with and stay in touch with impact our lives almost as much as our parents. Sorry for your loss and happy that you had a great connection like this in your life.

Gonna win 'em all!