Author Topic: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket  (Read 290866 times)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket
« Reply #875 on: January 20, 2015, 12:33:01 PM »
Full game video of Dante Hales-Williams. He is a big kid that appears to have a frame that can fill out. Appears to be an above average athlete for his size. Plays similar to a lot of seven footers, passive and really doesn't know how to use his length as an advantage. Doesn't play with his head. Appears to have a chance to be solid player. His base needs a lot of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baN8a2Gvu10

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 20, 2015, 01:30:57 PM »
Here are some Eric Cobb Highlights, really hope we get him in the program. Appears to have a good motor and hands. Moves well for his size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KToVk7gcg9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWTB16-rW8M#t=72
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWTB16-rW8M#t=94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWTB16-rW8M#t=256

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 20, 2015, 01:34:21 PM »
He tweets as if he's planning on coming here next year.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 20, 2015, 01:35:06 PM »
No next years bigs will be:

Hurt--Sr
Johnson--RJr>>>>>assuming he recovers
Bolden--Jr>>>>>I don't expect much from him, like, ever IMO
Williams--Fr
Cobb--where's the 'ship coming from??

#4 guys
M. Harris
Wade

If Bolden had shown a little bit this year, I would not be as worried.  But, consider me worried next year.

Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 20, 2015, 01:42:29 PM »
I don't think Cobb ever makes it to campus but what do I know

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 20, 2015, 01:46:07 PM »

Hurt--Sr
Williams--Fr

#4 guys
M. Harris
Wade

If Bolden had shown a little bit this year, I would not be as worried.  But, consider me worried next year.

Yeah, Bolden doesn't look encouraging, especially after he already spent a year with the program. We have to really hope DJamer recovers because we could be extremely thin and inexperienced at the 5 spot if he doesn't. Hurt could be really solid with a year of development though.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 20, 2015, 01:53:27 PM »
Bolden needs to get Bruced(and not the benching kind). 

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 20, 2015, 01:55:11 PM »

Hurt--Sr
Williams--Fr

#4 guys
M. Harris
Wade

Yeah, Bolden doesn't look encouraging, especially after he already spent a year with the program. We have to really hope DJamer recovers because we could be extremely thin and inexperienced at the 5 spot if he doesn't. Hurt could be really solid with a year of development though.

Hurt really needs to work on his body. I am really worried about DJamer getting healthy. Wade is so skilled for his size, I think we should have high hopes for him. He might end up a three instead of a four. Bolden is still a question mark has't really played a enough. He is suppose to be a rim protector and translation player.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 20, 2015, 02:08:03 PM »
Hurt really needs to work on his body. I am really worried about DJamer getting healthy. Wade is so skilled for his size, I think we should have high hopes for him. He might end up a three instead of a four. Bolden is still a question mark has't really played a enough. He is suppose to be a rim protector and translation player.

I like Wade a lot, but he's going to need work on being physical. I saw one of his recent games against St. John's best 2A competition in Central Plains. He does a ton of things, but he's not really a banger, even at that level. To be a 3 or oscar's swing 4 he'll have to put on a little bit a weight and learn to be more physical. But you are correct, he's extremely skilled and I think he could be a really good player here.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 20, 2015, 02:15:38 PM »
I can't believe some mock drafts had Hurt in the league next yeaqr.  :surprised: I mean, that can obviously change, but he's so slow.  :frown:

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: January 21, 2015, 04:14:49 PM »
GTuckerHoops: Kansas State will have have an in-home visit with 2015 Gulfport (MS) PG Jahshire Hardnett tonight @jahshirehardnet

https://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Jahshire-Hardnett-164175

Has a Georgetown offer  :dunno:

I don't think he is any good.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 21, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »
We must be brucing both point guards

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 21, 2015, 04:31:52 PM »
Kansas State: "I like their style of play. They play at a fast pace and that's what my game is. I've grown close to the coaching staff the past couple of weeks, and I feel like they're missing a point guard. It would be a good place for me.

http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/news/headlines/item/2822-decision-coming-soon-for-2015-pg-hardnett

If Cobb qualifies I could see Bolden sailing away. I don't know how Hardnett fills into the plan, would assume he is a back up option. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 21, 2015, 04:37:45 PM »
I thought that KSU played at a relatively slow pace?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 21, 2015, 04:42:27 PM »
Point guards seem to be at a premium in the 2015 class, but 4-star prospect Jashire Hardnett is a strong, attacking lead guard who is still mulling over his college decision.

“Right now I am hearing from Murray State, Georgetown, Kansas State, LSU and Virginia Tech,” said the senior who recently was named to the All-Tournament Team at the Chick-fil-A Classic in South Carolina.

Hardnett is a newcomer to the sunshine state after transferring to Arlington Country Day from Mississippi’s Gulfport High School. As a junior, he averaged over 22 points and helped lead Gulfport to a ninth state championship. “I moved to ACD to play against better competition and to see where my game stand on the national level.”

The high scoring point guard says he is looking for a program that fits his pace of play and has stability in their coaching staff. “Recruiting is going good right now. I’m still open and wanted to make a decision by the end of the month,” added Hardnett.

The Apaches travel to Kentucky this weekend for two high profile games followed by the bulk of their SIAA schedule where they are looking to defend their 2013-14 championship.
:dunno:
http://floridahoops.com/?p=2087

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 21, 2015, 05:14:01 PM »
Think the staff want to balance classes out and not go through another young point guard. I think the staff see Barry as a combo that can really fill it up. Here are some evals.

I saw Hardnett out in Las Vegas. He's a speedy guard with very good handles. There's not much of a perimeter game, but he can break his defender down well and finish at the hole. He graded out very well actually, especially for an unranked player. The knock on him would be the lack of a perimeter game, his size, and upside. Hardnett is a high-IQ floor general that gets up and down the floor in a hurry. A different point guard than Wisconsin usually goes after for sure. I do like Wisconsin potentially making a move. The cupboard is pretty bare for uncommitted point guards right now. Going into Mississippi to try and get one of the top players still available is a little bit outside of Wisconsin's comfort zone, so it's encouraging to see the coaching staff recruit nationally after a Final Four run.

1" 2015 power guard, Hardnett has the physique of a young Jameer Nelson. Teamed in the backcourt with Lamonte Turner, he looked to score at this event more than necessarily create for teammates. At the next level, he will need to continue to develop his three-point shot, tighten his physique, and become more of a distributor. Still, there is room for compact lead guards who have a nose for scoring. After winning a state title in Mississippi, Hardnett came to ACD to improve his individual game and get more national exposure. He visited UTEP last month and is scheduled to take an official visit to Murray State this coming weekend. He said that he has been offered by Maryland, Georgetown, and Wisconsin since arriving at ACD. He is looking to set up official visits to Georgetown and Wisconsin.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #891 on: January 21, 2015, 05:19:59 PM »
Second slowest in the Big 12!  303 overall!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 21, 2015, 05:23:06 PM »
Second slowest in the Big 12!  303 overall!

Maybe the kid is a little slow, too.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 21, 2015, 06:16:17 PM »
so it's not just relatively slow

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 21, 2015, 08:33:38 PM »
so it's not just relatively slow

Undoubtedly, philosophers are in the right when they tell us that nothing is great or little otherwise than by comparison.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 21, 2015, 10:58:11 PM »
Kansas State: "I like their style of play. They play at a fast pace and that's what my game is. I've grown close to the coaching staff the past couple of weeks, and I feel like they're missing a point guard. It would be a good place for me.

http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/news/headlines/item/2822-decision-coming-soon-for-2015-pg-hardnett

If Cobb qualifies I could see Bolden sailing away. I don't know how Hardnett fills into the plan, would assume he is a back up option. 

This guy is already good at the motivating teammates through the media, sign him up.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 21, 2015, 11:27:46 PM »
There's not much of a perimeter game.

he will need to continue to develop his three-point shot.

rinse, repeat.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 21, 2015, 11:37:42 PM »
There's not much of a perimeter game.

he will need to continue to develop his three-point shot.

rinse, repeat.

oscar has been watching LHC Bill Snyder see how many walk-ons he can play and still win 9-10 games, and oscar thought he'd try to do the same thing with guys who can't shoot. I think they have a standing chicken nuggets bet. Not sure what the particulars are though.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 22, 2015, 03:22:18 PM »
GTuckerHoops: Kansas State will have have an in-home visit with 2015 Gulfport (MS) PG Jahshire Hardnett tonight @jahshirehardnet

https://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Jahshire-Hardnett-164175

Has a Georgetown offer  :dunno:

I don't think he is any good.

So did Bolden....... :sdeek:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 22, 2015, 09:53:22 PM »
To put things into perspective, if we oscar two of the 2017 class members (Nigel and Brandon) to stretch the 2019 class to five (Wade, Brown, Hales, Cobb and Hardnett), by the time 2021 rolls around I'll probably be poppin' space boners live from my spacesuit as I watch oscar and co win back to back conference champys from the moon #buildingafoundation