Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3206625 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #17225 on: June 26, 2017, 01:56:18 PM »
It's going to be fascinating to see how KU translates the outer facade into the interior of the stadium.

I mean, they did that with the Nazi Atlantic Wall look of their current press box.   The cold war fallout shelter flowing into gun emplacement over Normandy look is undeniable.   But that's not hard to pull off. 

But I don't see how you can translate a facade that integrates into the general look and feel of campus into an interior view with stadium clubs, suites, press box, TV box etc. etc.  and keep the same facade.  I mean, people need to see the game, and see it well, right?   People in clubs want to sit outside or move indoor and outdoors freely, right?

Good luck with that I guess.    I haven't been to any stadiums where the interior of the stadium matches perfectly with the exterior, how could that even bee possible?   But I guess KU is gonna be a first here, cutting edge.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17226 on: June 26, 2017, 02:07:37 PM »
it will be more than ten years before they do anything significant to their stadium.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17227 on: June 26, 2017, 04:38:01 PM »
it will be more than ten years before they do anything significant to their stadium.

we will have re-done ours again by that point

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17228 on: June 26, 2017, 04:44:26 PM »
Then they will have to wait until we are done again so they can do it bigger and better. A vicious cycle really.

The Big Train

« Reply #17229 on: June 26, 2017, 05:25:05 PM »
Then they will have to wait until we are done again so they can do it bigger and better. A vicious cycle really.

Will the hill be safe during the next cycle?  :ohno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17230 on: June 26, 2017, 08:21:06 PM »

But when it's finally done look tf out

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #17231 on: June 26, 2017, 08:48:12 PM »
It's going to be fascinating to see how KU translates the outer facade into the interior of the stadium.

I mean, they did that with the Nazi Atlantic Wall look of their current press box.   The cold war fallout shelter flowing into gun emplacement over Normandy look is undeniable.   But that's not hard to pull off. 

But I don't see how you can translate a facade that integrates into the general look and feel of campus into an interior view with stadium clubs, suites, press box, TV box etc. etc.  and keep the same facade.  I mean, people need to see the game, and see it well, right?   People in clubs want to sit outside or move indoor and outdoors freely, right?

Good luck with that I guess.    I haven't been to any stadiums where the interior of the stadium matches perfectly with the exterior, how could that even bee possible?   But I guess KU is gonna be a first here, cutting edge.

I lol'd  :thumbs:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17232 on: June 26, 2017, 09:26:34 PM »
I'd argue it could be hard to pull off.   Some of that stuff is still standing

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17233 on: June 27, 2017, 06:56:41 AM »
Yeah.  I mean take that big sky deck thing at Arrowhead.  On the exterior it sort of looks like part of the mothership but on the inside it looks like a modern river cruise liner.  You know one of those "Rivers of Europe" ones but very sleek.   

So how do you avoid that?  No windows?   

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17234 on: June 27, 2017, 10:11:00 AM »
they should use the money to add back the track

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17235 on: June 27, 2017, 10:22:35 AM »
they should use the money to add back the track

or build a football field inside of rock'm chalk'm park.  don't think it looks like a german pillbox, and likely have a better urinal cake sitch.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #17236 on: June 27, 2017, 10:32:39 AM »
The phog board has 4 separate threads on which conference they should go to within the next year or two. They're ready to get out of this crap hole of a conference. We're really holding them back in football apparently. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17237 on: June 27, 2017, 12:31:41 PM »
The phog board has 4 separate threads on which conference they should go to within the next year or two. They're ready to get out of this crap hole of a conference. We're really holding them back in football apparently.

Look at all those conference championship football trophies A&M, MU, Nebraska and Colorado have put in the trophy case since they moved conferences.  Zero isn't even the loneliest number. 

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17238 on: June 27, 2017, 12:42:33 PM »

Look at all those conference championship football trophies A&M, MU, Nebraska and Colorado have put in the trophy case since they moved conferences.  Zero isn't even the loneliest number. 

Mizzou SEC East x2 would definitely be bannered at A&M.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17239 on: June 27, 2017, 02:25:58 PM »

They still have the phog blocked to anyone who isn't a premium member. I guess they don't want any of the plebeians to know of their super awesome plans for the future.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #17240 on: June 27, 2017, 03:35:46 PM »
I like it when KU fans act like they suck because the state of Kansas can't support two major universities. TO me, it seems like we gave them 100 years to get their crap together, but they never did. So like, now we're pretty respectable and it's our fault they blow.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17241 on: June 27, 2017, 03:38:12 PM »
I like it when KU fans act like they suck because the state of Kansas can't support two major universities. TO me, it seems like we gave them 100 years to get their crap together, but they never did. So like, now we're pretty respectable and it's our fault they blow.

Well the B12 only makes them weaker you know. 

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17242 on: June 28, 2017, 09:04:06 AM »

The ol check your own nose before saying the mirror is dirty.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17243 on: June 28, 2017, 09:23:53 AM »
Guys I am truly excited about seeing their plans.   I'm even more excited to see how the stadium side of their new pressbox will be so seamlessly integrated into the general theme of the entire renovation, and won't look like a cruise ship, a pill box, a modern office building or anything of the sort. 

A true sports architecture marvel and given the general nature of press boxes/suite levels in even the most modern stadiums, wholly unprecedented and cutting edge.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #17244 on: June 28, 2017, 09:31:28 AM »
dax get in as many pillbox jokes as you can between now and then. Maybe we could all make a fattyfest pledge of like $.10 per reference
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #17245 on: June 28, 2017, 03:57:07 PM »
 :love:
KMan87
X
All Conference
Rating: 3.5/5 this site
8300 posts this site
Re: IT'S HAPPENING!
3:46 PM
Frankenhawk wrote:
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I will post it in here!

Our stadium reno announcement is garnering national attention, which as has been said here many times, is always a good thing!

Now, this was written by known MU grad and general hack, Dennis Dodd, and he takes plenty of little swipes at our program as is to be expected but still. He is making (I think) a reaching argument that the timing of our stadium announcement and the comments by one Tom Osborne (in another thread on here) are related. I couldn't disagree with that part more, but the general idea that bettering our stadium to better our football program so that we are that much more secure if and when realignment rears its ugly head again, is a sound one.

Anyways, here is the link! (this story currently sits on the front page of CBSsports.com with a picture of Memorial Stadium btw).

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/inside-college-football-realignment-may-not-be-an-active-topic-but-its-out-there/

Lordy, I read the first two paragraphs and thought this has to be that moran - Dodd and yes indeed it is. Comparing investment in the football stadium to annual athletic income - a idiotic analysis but not surprising given his education background. The guy is stuck in a time warp: Mountain West - yeah in his fondest Misery dreams! The world is changing going forward not that I would expect Dodd to keep up. The next round of negotiations will have a complete different set of parameters than the last go around. The big 10 and SEC made out like bandits but they will be hard pressed to squeeze blood out of the ESPN turnip in the next go around. About the only thing, he does get right is that we are investing in the football program but he missed the window by 2 years - that was when we decided to rebuild the program for the long fun vs the Gill/Weis fiascos.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17246 on: June 28, 2017, 05:30:11 PM »
I think I am most looking forward to insane levels of ku delusion during this process. Considering it should take years (potentially decades) to pull this off, I'm in for a lot of joy. Actually, when you consider my age, diet, drinking and lack of physical activity, I may not live to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17247 on: June 28, 2017, 07:53:19 PM »
Wow that makes me sad for two reasons CatMission.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #17248 on: June 28, 2017, 09:00:43 PM »
That stadium cannot be upgraded. It would have to be torn down and rebuilt. Front row is between 40 and 60 yards from the field.

It would be funny to see that cold grey third reich relic of a stadium "touched up" with a nice shawnee taupe and some bathroom sump pumps. The 1930s nazi stadium clashes pretty hard with the 1980's communist bloch campus architecture, and tieing that together would seemingly be easy.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17249 on: June 28, 2017, 09:18:48 PM »
I know meow meow was being tongue in cheek but I really do like the idea of putting it out at rock chalk park. Just turn memorial into more surface lots for Allen.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best