Author Topic: KSU vs. Brad Underwoods adopted temporary school Good and Bad status report.  (Read 11271 times)

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
It was a pretty solid victory for the 2014 edition of the Kansas State Wildcats. I enjoyed the game very much and I came away satisfied with almost everything going on.

The Good

Tailgating was solid. Good crowds, Good temperatures for an opening game, good food and saw plenty of friends

Stadium was well prepared, sound seemed good, band was pretty good for an opener, crowd was pretty fired up at the start of the game.

Water is a stud and seemed to be running everything pretty well. I thought he really spread the ball around and made a lot of good decisions.

Play clock was well managed and we only had a couple close calls.

Running back situation impressed me overall. I liked what Robinson, Charles Jones and Leverett brought today. By my calculations the Running backs averaged about 5.6 yards per carry.

It was nice to see a lot of backups in the 4th quarter.

Defense stopped the running game and only allowed 69 yards for the game.

Only 3 penalties

Only 1 turnover

5.9 yards per play on offense

Only 1 punt

Overall I thought the receivers did a good job of getting open and caught most of the passes thrown at them.

Also 37 minutes of possesion compared to 22 minutes for SFA.

The Bad

Schellenberg with only one tackle. He needs to get better at his angles.  He needs to put himself in a position to make plays. Secondary overall wasn't very impressive.

Lockett playing so little makes me sad and a little bit worried

It is too bad that Oklahoma State couldn't have knocked Florida State out of the playoff picture today.

Football season is here

I love it.

K-State is still in the hunt for a playoff spot   :ksu:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I don't know whether to be worried about Lockett or not. Hoping staff realizes he hasn't been healthy for a whole season his whole career and any extra mileage against SFA is unneeded.

Offline turnbull

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Mostly agree not playing Lockett was a drag but honestly why play him all that much there was nothing to gain with everything to lose. 
The defense also had a vanilla plan today with the offense so who really knows what we have on either side.
Let Whitehair not have a serious injury.
Next up Iowa State!

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Did Kyle Klein move positions again? Sexton, Cook, Burton being the main playmakers behind a possibly hobbled Lockett concerns me. Also, no Andre Davis?

Offline kstatefan11

• Fan
    • View Profile
Did Kyle Klein move positions again? Sexton, Cook, Burton being the main playmakers behind a possibly hobbled Lockett concerns me. Also, no Andre Davis?

Klein didn't suit up. Looked like maybe he had a shoulder wrap on under his jersey. Davis was in for some 4th quarter time. No TGTs.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile

Klein didn't suit up. Looked like maybe he had a shoulder wrap on under his jersey. Davis was in for some 4th quarter time. No TGTs.

Saw the same thing with Klein. They're tough folks. He'll be fine.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
OP:  I thought the sound system was terrible again. ADJC says it will be fixed.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

thx

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Really have no idea what to take away from tonight. It was the typical vanilla performance. There's obviously no depth behind Waters but then we had no backup QB in '10,'11, or '12. You have to think WR will be better with a healthy Lockett but w/o him what do we really have at that position? Elijah Lee and the RBs were a nice surprise. A Whitehair injury is pretty awful. The D was scary at times. No pass rush and the secondary and the LBs were mediocre. I just don't even know.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Wasn't Davis the one that dropped that little shovel pass in the 1st quarter? The one that set up like an end around

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick

Wasn't Davis the one that dropped that little shovel pass in the 1st quarter? The one that set up like an end around

If Davis is #2, yes.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So Whitehair was injured during the game, or didn't play because of an injury? TIA, wasn't able to watch the game yesterday.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So Whitehair was injured during the game, or didn't play because of an injury? TIA, wasn't able to watch the game yesterday.

you're a terrible fan.  he was injured during the game.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bad:  Amount of trash our White Trash fan base leaves in the stands.  Imagine the money K-State could save if you messy effs actually picked up your trash.

Sad

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
dax!

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I'm assuming Whitehairs injury isn't too bad. Walked off on his own. Hopefully just a rolled ankle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Really have no idea what to take away from tonight. It was the typical vanilla performance. There's obviously no depth behind Waters but then we had no backup QB in '10,'11, or '12. You have to think WR will be better with a healthy Lockett but w/o him what do we really have at that position? Elijah Lee and the RBs were a nice surprise. A Whitehair injury is pretty awful. The D was scary at times. No pass rush and the secondary and the LBs were mediocre. I just don't even know.

:dubious:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
we need a todd gurley type player at rb

Offline DeoKat

• Fan
    • View Profile

doesn't everyone?  :dunno:
When you succeed at Illinois you go to Kansas and when you fail at Illinois, you go to Kansas State

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

doesn't everyone?  :dunno:

yes, especially us though.  at this point, i would take a william powell type player.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I thought Robinson looked ok

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I thought Robinson looked ok

imo, you aren't very good if your longest rush against sfa is 9 yards (in 11 attempts)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bad:  Amount of trash our White Trash fan base leaves in the stands.  Imagine the money K-State could save if you messy effs actually picked up your trash.

Sad

is this dax's way of saying he was at the game? i can't tell.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
A lot of good things last night, but shift me to the camp that is worried about wide receiver.  Our guys were not able to get open downfield.  I pray that Lockett is ok, and that Davis picks it up.