Author Topic: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?  (Read 982922 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?
« Reply #10375 on: April 25, 2018, 03:08:27 PM »
hmm i just checked and it was mega broken.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10376 on: May 02, 2018, 07:44:20 PM »
a few months ago I would've said that the 80k ihg sign up was actually pretty good if you planned it all correctly. because you get one free night a year at any ihg which is nice and often overlooked.

I just used two of those to stay at the times square intercon when rooms were going for $400/night.

:frown:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2018/04/02/ihg-anniversary-night-devaluation/

yeah this is a pretty big devaluation. i'm going to call soon and cancel.

Bummer. Was looking forward to staying somewhere nice for free.

If you're already sitting on a free night, or would be getting it this month, you should still be able to use that anywhere.  It's the free nights issued starting this upcoming May that are shitty.

I still have an old one and was thinking of using it at that same spot at Portland some time when I can drive the dog there and find nature-y things to do, but that hotels on the too-good list for future free nights.

Got an "annual membership fee" of $89 today for my Chase/IHG card. I knew the annual fee for the IHG card I signed up for was $49. Turns out they've created two new an different versions of the IHG cards. I never received a new card version, but they didn't hesitate giving me that new annual fee even though I got the card like 6 months ago and already paid the original.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: May 02, 2018, 08:31:33 PM »
You can cancel and they’ll refund it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10378 on: May 10, 2018, 09:49:39 AM »
hmm is the reserve bonus the same as preferred now? Does this expect to change any time soon?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10379 on: May 10, 2018, 03:07:23 PM »
hmm is the reserve bonus the same as preferred now? Does this expect to change any time soon?

prolly not.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10380 on: May 10, 2018, 03:13:18 PM »
The IHG perk is changing to something like "a free night redemption at a 40k or below property"

Good news is now that Kimpton is IHG, there are a lot of nice city properties for you to use the perk.  Bad news is you can only redeem it on the bottom 90% or so of IHG properties.  Still can get a good value of a $300 room for the $89

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: May 12, 2018, 12:04:36 AM »
If anyone wants the 100k Marriott card here’s my referral idk

https://www.referyourchasecard.com/252/Q48LZFAAEF
emaw

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: May 17, 2018, 01:06:38 PM »
i don't know much about Inks. do i have to be a "business owner"? anyone got a referral? still rocking the CSP as my every day card.

i just closed two delta cards to avoid annual fees and looking for a bonus offer somewhere.

(attn @steve dave )

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: May 17, 2018, 01:07:40 PM »
also, have you guys seen Up In the Air? remember when the company pulled george clooney off the road and he sank into miserable depression? that's me right now. got switched to a non-traveling situation at work so i'm sitting at a desk with my diamond medallion status going to waste. it sucks.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: May 17, 2018, 01:17:10 PM »
i don't know much about Inks. do i have to be a "business owner"? anyone got a referral? still rocking the CSP as my every day card.

Plug in your own personal info (name for name, ssn for tin, etc.) and state your business is a sole proprietorship.

https://www.referyourchasecard.com/21/5L4PQZ7NP6

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: May 17, 2018, 01:19:48 PM »

Earn 80,000 bonus points with Chase Ink Business Preferred. I can be rewarded too if you apply here and are approved for the Card. Learn more.
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/21/3W5FBOZ5EO

apply as a sole prop with your ss#.  you might get approved without talking to anyone, but you may have to contact them at some point.  just tell them about the hobby you've just decided to turn into a business.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: May 17, 2018, 01:29:37 PM »
tax id number?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: May 17, 2018, 01:39:29 PM »
ah  :thumbs:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: May 17, 2018, 01:42:10 PM »
yeah it also tells you to do so in the actual tid field, so, whoops

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: May 17, 2018, 01:53:07 PM »
will be notified via mail within 30 days

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: May 17, 2018, 02:00:00 PM »

Expect a request for more info.  You might have to explain that your biz is that you do side work from home as a sole proprietor separately from your regular job.  It works out fine when you do that and give them documentation showing it's you at your residence and explaining that you need the card to use for biz-related matters to help keep your records straight.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: May 17, 2018, 02:08:25 PM »
i'm starting a barbershop quartet. expenses will be stuff like sheet music, keyboards, and gas to gigs.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10393 on: May 17, 2018, 02:21:45 PM »
also, have you guys seen Up In the Air? remember when the company pulled george clooney off the road and he sank into miserable depression? that's me right now. got switched to a non-traveling situation at work so i'm sitting at a desk with my diamond medallion status going to waste. it sucks.

just go nuts with dummy around-the-world bookings and see if you can get it down close to around 100k skymiles. it's fun!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: May 17, 2018, 02:39:45 PM »

just go nuts with dummy around-the-world bookings and see if you can get it down close to around 100k skymiles. it's fun!

where/how? just on your own at delta.com? i have 260k at the moment and a big trip in 2020 is on the horizon for mrs. 'blast and me.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10395 on: May 17, 2018, 02:40:37 PM »
i'm starting a barbershop quartet. expenses will be stuff like sheet music, keyboards, and gas to gigs.

Outfits too.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: May 17, 2018, 02:41:09 PM »

where/how? just on your own at delta.com? i have 260k at the moment and a big trip in 2020 is on the horizon for mrs. 'blast and me.

fun thread

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=38561.0

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: May 17, 2018, 02:43:59 PM »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: May 20, 2018, 11:17:33 AM »
I got a 60k delta gold amex offer in the mail, but I've already had that card. I read all the fine print and there is no verbiage about not getting the bonus if you've already had the card :Wha:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: May 21, 2018, 09:57:40 AM »

Expect a request for more info.  You might have to explain that your biz is that you do side work from home as a sole proprietor separately from your regular job.  It works out fine when you do that and give them documentation showing it's you at your residence and explaining that you need the card to use for biz-related matters to help keep your records straight.

What kind of stuff will they ask for?  Do I need a separate bank account or anything?