Author Topic: Pissclams' HGTV Thread  (Read 11073 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Pissclams' HGTV Thread
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 09:31:59 AM »
have you guys seen the vanilla ice flipping show? wut

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 09:33:12 AM »
Oh man what about that episode of the Waco show where the wife designer lady got really excited about there being a bunch of old maps in the house's storage? And then they framed them and mounted them all weird.  :Woot:

Know what I have learned from that show? Insanely cheap to get an absolute frackload of land and a huge house for next to nothing in Waco. Just next to nothing.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 09:33:18 AM »

I've only seen a little of it. Why does Vanilla Ice get a house flipping show?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 09:36:33 AM »

I would love to see a bro v. bro episode where there is a surprise third bro and it's VI

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 09:45:24 AM »
Who was the real estate guy in South Carolina that used fly a helicopter around?  He bought a minor league baseball team and put Josh Hamilton on it after Hamilton's burn-out in Tampa but before going to the Reds.  Maybe that show wasn't on HGTV.

A&E

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2014, 09:49:53 AM »
Have you guys watched Buying the Bayou? Oh man. (I think it's on Discovery though so maybe wrong thread.)

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2014, 10:38:39 AM »
I think House Hunters is so last year.  Fixer Upper is a great show, but it needs less Baylor.  Property Brothers should really be Property Brother...that realtor bro is definitely riding the whole "my twin brother is the crap and I am just kind of here for the ride" train way too hard.  The show with the cousins and the block party jobs seems forced and finding the next design star show is one of the dumber shows I have watched on tv.  Love it or List it is the HGTV form of What Not To Wear and it sickens me. 

In general, HGTV needs more gardens and less Canada.
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 10:43:28 AM »
I think House Hunters is so last year.  Fixer Upper is a great show, but it needs less Baylor.  Property Brothers should really be Property Brother...that realtor bro is definitely riding the whole "my twin brother is the crap and I am just kind of here for the ride" train way too hard.  The show with the cousins and the block party jobs seems forced and finding the next design star show is one of the dumber shows I have watched on tv.  Love it or List it is the HGTV form of What Not To Wear and it sickens me. 

you need to leave this thread and you need to shut the eff up.  whichever order you choose to do them in is really up to you.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 12:27:03 PM »

I would love to see a bro v. bro episode where there is a surprise third bro and it's VI

There IS a surprise third bro  :Wha: :Wha: :Wha:

Also they love improve comedy and I think have their own little for fun improve troupe. Pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Their wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Property_brothers   :driving:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2014, 12:29:17 PM »
This old house is very enjoyable, sd.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 12:36:01 PM »

you need to leave this thread and you need to shut the eff up.  whichever order you choose to do them in is really up to you.

My bad Pissclams.  Didn't mean to hit an HGTV nerve with you.  I've just been upset since Property Virgins got rid of Sandra Rinomato and I am just heart broken you know.  I know you weren't a fan, but she looks similar to Cindy Self and you know I'm all in on Operation Motor Boat Cindy.  Didn't mean to project on all other shows.  Thanks for helping me see the light.

Never been a My First Place fan, but I do enjoy some Dear Genevieve.  Also, renovation realities is a fave due to my last house being a fixer upper.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:41:40 PM by KSUblumpkin »
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2014, 12:37:13 PM »
Josh Temple hosting House Crashers is the best show.  I love Josh Temple.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2014, 12:37:46 PM »
this old house is great Sunday tv.

flip or flop is ok but it gets old quick. every episode is "oh this house is a disaster what are gonna do oh ok never mind we just made sixty thousand dollars"
emaw

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »
The bathroom crasher host was one of my favorites.  Temple isn't bad but is a bit over the top for me. 

Income property is underrated in this thread.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2014, 12:42:42 PM »

My bad Pissclams.  Didn't mean to hit an HGTV nerve with you.  I've just been upset since Property Virgins got rid of Sandra Rinomato and I am just heart broken you know.  I know you weren't a fan, but she looks similar to Cindy Self and you know I'm all in on Operation Motor Boat Cindy.  Didn't mean to project on all other shows.  Thanks for helping me see the light.

Never been a My First Place fan, but I do enjoy some Dear Genevieve.  Also, renovation realities is a fave due to my last house being a fixer upper.

I think your mistake was your comments about Design Star.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2014, 12:43:18 PM »
The bathroom crasher host was one of my favorites.  Temple isn't bad but is a bit over the top for me. 

Income property is underrated in this thread.

Agreed.  Income Property is a pretty solid show.  They make some pretty awesome apartments in those homes and the rent he suggests isn't that bad in some of the areas.
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2014, 12:46:29 PM »

I think your mistake was your comments about Design Star.

Fair enough.  Design Star just isn't my thing.  I understand the concept, but HGTV to me is about the "common" person owning/buying a home and I can't get into finding another star every year when I really want to see gals and gents similar to me dealing with issues in a home that I have dealt with.
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2014, 12:47:15 PM »
You know the HGTV Dream Home Contest? The people that win never get to keep the house because it is too expensive to pay the income tax plus all the property taxes and utilities.

Whenever I see the Dream Homes I always think about how I could subdivide the house to rent it out.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2014, 12:56:03 PM »
Whenever I see the Dream Homes I always think about how I could subdivide the house to rent it out.

I always think about how I would visit it for like two weeks and then sell the living crap out of it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2014, 01:50:13 PM »
You know the HGTV Dream Home Contest? The people that win never get to keep the house because it is too expensive to pay the income tax plus all the property taxes and utilities.

you can also take $1,050,000 + $250k + the denali instead of the house

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2014, 01:59:30 PM »

canada built that network.  way cheaper production costs up there. 
rinomato is yesterday's news, she left on her own terms hoping to do a new show.  think about all the great houses that egypt has shown in her short time hosting the show,  granted i don't know why there was no season in 2013 but hopefully it returns soon.

design star is all about the common person designing uncommon things.  jennifer bertrand, season 3 winner, is from olathe and still lives there.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2014, 02:11:22 PM »

canada built that network.  way cheaper production costs up there. 
rinomato is yesterday's news, she left on her own terms hoping to do a new show.  think about all the great houses that egypt has shown in her short time hosting the show,  granted i don't know why there was no season in 2013 but hopefully it returns soon.

design star is all about the common person designing uncommon things.  jennifer bertrand, season 3 winner, is from olathe and still lives there.

Pissclams...in one post you have changed my world.  I am willing to admit that I was completely wrong.  When I read this post, it was like listening to Michael W. Smith's "Place in this World" song for the first time.  I bet this is how the world felt when they heard MLK, Jrs I have a dream speech for the first time.  Liberating.  Pissclams, you are the MLK, Jr of this blog and I thank you.  Just don't go to a motel in Memphis.
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »
great thread.  just some quick hitters-

love it or list it is really not much of a hgtv show, seems to me like it is more of a TLC show, just imo to any HGTV execs who might be reading

also really glad they got rid of holmes on homes, that guy was a cheesedick

really glad they got rid of sandra rinomato

underrated but great series?  genevieve's renovation

Holmes on Homes was his old show, Holmes Inspection was the newer one.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2014, 02:36:18 PM »
Property Brothers is my favorite though. Love when they are showing the couple a house and they complain about the carpet. I mean WTF? Do you know what this show is about?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2014, 02:54:35 PM »
Property Brothers is my favorite though. Love when they are showing the couple a house and they complain about the carpet. I mean WTF? Do you know what this show is about?

I like on any of the Crasher shows when they realize they're about to get anything they want for free they start talking about how they always wanted a hot-tub or a big screen.