Poll

Is the tourney more fun/better to watch without your team in it?

Yes, no stress, just a few cold ones, the remote, and your bracket
12 (17.4%)
No, I like stressing out
39 (56.5%)
Who cares about Basketball, GO ROYALS!!!!
18 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Is the tourney more fun/better to watch without your team in it?  (Read 5958 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Is the tourney more fun/better to watch without your team in it?
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2015, 10:45:02 AM »
How in the world did you think it would be better without the cats? Do you even #emaw, bro?!

Bro I have more EMAW in my pinkie toe than you have in your entire body and watermelon shaped cranium.
:lol: I am #Emaw, son!

bud you and I both know one of us squawks out from time to time, and it ain't me dawg
I squawk out to mock them. Do you have pictures posted of you all over phog.net? I didn't think so, son! Bow down!

you got me with having yourself and personal pictures all over phog.net. I do not have that.
:gocho:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2015, 11:03:20 AM »
How in the world did you think it would be better without the cats? Do you even #emaw, bro?!

Bro I have more EMAW in my pinkie toe than you have in your entire body and watermelon shaped cranium.
I am #Emaw, son!

bud you and I both know one of us squawks out from time to time, and it ain't me dawg
I squawk out to mock them. Do you have pictures posted of you all over phog.net? I didn't think so, son! Bow down!

you got me with having yourself and personal pictures all over phog.net. I do not have that.
:gocho:
Probably the best #fanningbrag yet!

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2015, 11:05:57 AM »
This tournament has been depressing at times.  Watching games, I keep thinking to myself how much these teams would kick our ass.  So, no.  It hasn't been more fun. 

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2015, 03:02:56 PM »
I am really excited/nervous about the game tonight!  :ohno:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2015, 03:29:20 PM »
I am really excited/nervous about the game tonight!  :ohno:

Kick their butts 'Eers!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2015, 03:43:20 PM »
I voted #2. I live in a cultural mecca where a bunch of pretty good basketball programs exist, plus a bunch of people move into this area who like a bunch of other pretty good basketball programs. It sucks to have to see them wearing their teams' logos and tell them, "great game today! Are you going to go to the Sweet 16 next weekend?"

Then they are like, "It was awesome!!! Yes/no I am/ am not going. Did your Wildcats make it? Who beat them in the opening round?"

Then I am like, "No man, the Cats turned down a bid for the CBI. We sucked hard this year."

Then they usually follow it up with, "Isn't oscar Weber your coach? That's too bad."

(This is very similar to 4 or 5 conversations I have had in the past 5 days.)

:Crybaby:

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2015, 03:50:41 PM »
Dobber - your :tsc: commitment is beyond reproach. Well done, sir. (and I feel your pain)
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2015, 03:51:10 PM »
I voted #2. I live in a cultural mecca where a bunch of pretty good basketball programs exist, plus a bunch of people move into this area who like a bunch of other pretty good basketball programs. It sucks to have to see them wearing their teams' logos and tell them, "great game today! Are you going to go to the Sweet 16 next weekend?"

Then they are like, "It was awesome!!! Yes/no I am/ am not going. Did your Wildcats make it? Who beat them in the opening round?"

Then I am like, "No man, the Cats turned down a bid for the CBI. We sucked hard this year."

Then they usually follow it up with, "Isn't oscar Weber your coach? That's too bad."

How is it living there? Seems like a great city. It's on my list of places to someday live.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2015, 04:03:38 PM »

How is it living there? Seems like a great city. It's on my list of places to someday live.

It's pretty great. Lots of opportunity professionally. I'm 20 minutes from some of the best college basketball, soccer, lacrosse in the country.
Beaches are close. DC is 4 hours. Skiing is 3-6 hours, depending on what you want. Appalachian Trail hikes. Very tolerable weather. Most areas are pretty affordable. Continuous growth.

Lots of start ups in the area. One of my buddies just started with a one last fall. They were about 3 years into it when he joined them. Another company bought them out on March 1. He is retained through May, then he is out of a job. Think he cares? NO! He just told me that he paid his house off and they are planning a summer of vacations, including 2 weeks in Italy, before he starts looking for something else to do. Those stories happen more here than any other place I have lived. Could be because I am older now and more likely to meet some of these people, but I think it has to do with the area I live in.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2015, 07:02:29 PM »
Losing to Wichita State would suck. And can't happen if you don't make the tournament!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2015, 08:29:41 PM »
Losing to Wichita State would suck. And can't happen if you don't make the tournament!

It could at some point if we meet them in the NIT.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2015, 09:46:11 PM »
So far the tourney was BORING!!!  BUT DAMN, DID I ENJOY THE GAME TODAY!!!  Lots of tears and frowns at work tomorrow; of course I'll be grinning from ear to ear. 

Does anyone else feel this way.  :dance:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2015, 05:00:41 PM »
What a boring snoozefest this tournament has been.  :blindfold:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

The Big Train

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2015, 12:17:59 AM »
it was sure fun tonight!

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2015, 11:38:53 AM »
it was sure fun tonight!

Wisconsin shooting the lights out was ridiculous and lucky. A friend actually asked me if Sam Delker should be a top 5 pick. I'm currently reevaluating our friendship.