Author Topic: My fascination with CycloneFanatics.com continues  (Read 118648 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: My fascination with CycloneFanatics.com continues
« Reply #850 on: March 22, 2015, 10:21:16 AM »
Larry Brown?
He's a bit different because I think he started in the ABA.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 22, 2015, 10:33:02 AM »
I guess surviving a pretty legitimate murder attempt from latrell spreewell could be considered not doing too bad, but PJ failed to win a single playoff series his entire NBA head coaching career.  Pitino did win one first round playoff series in 6 seasons as an NBA coach though. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 22, 2015, 10:52:49 AM »
I think it's good to take a shot at a college guy when all your options are retreads.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 22, 2015, 01:44:49 PM »
Are there any success stories of college coaches going to the nba?  I'm not sure why nba teams keep doing it.

NBA people love Brad Stevens. He's more likely to get a better NBA job than he is to go back to college.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 22, 2015, 01:52:40 PM »
ISU would take him back in a heartbeat.

they'd want him back, but they'd be incapable of getting rid of whoever they replaced him with until his constitutionally mandated five year trial period was up.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 22, 2015, 02:04:14 PM »
ISU would take him back in a heartbeat.

they'd want him back, but they'd be incapable of getting rid of whoever they replaced him with until his constitutionally mandated five year trial period was up.
Yeah, but he would be able to afford to wait.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 22, 2015, 02:12:12 PM »

he can afford to not leave isu in the first place.  it's not a question of what he can afford.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 22, 2015, 02:40:38 PM »

he can afford to not leave isu in the first place.  it's not a question of what he can afford.

There's also no downside if he goes for it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 22, 2015, 05:12:52 PM »

There's also no downside if he goes for it.

i forgot stevesie's original premise that he wouldn't leave isu because he'd be afraid he wouldn't be able to go back after failing when i posted.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 22, 2015, 05:14:54 PM »
do you guys even Quin Snyder?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 22, 2015, 05:27:27 PM »
Noah, Gasol and Gibson likely make this the best NBA job Hoi is ever offered.  His young kids may keep him in Ames

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 22, 2015, 05:41:42 PM »
Noah, Gasol and Gibson likely make this the best NBA job Hoi is ever offered.  His young kids may keep him in Ames

stevesie may still be looking for a kid, if they don't allow young children in chicago.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 22, 2015, 09:16:02 PM »

His kids aren't that young; he has 1 in college, 1 in high school, and his twins are 12. Besides the Ames airport is 1 hour from Chicago, it's entirely possible his family could stay there for the school year and still see him frequently.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 22, 2015, 09:27:55 PM »
But, daddy, I want to stay in AMES!

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 22, 2015, 09:41:16 PM »
If the Bulls offer him the job he will take it. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 22, 2015, 09:42:27 PM »

Lol, this is the worst narrative.

"Daddy I hate the thought of being the kid of the Bull's head coach in one of the best cities in America and being a millionaire at a private school."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 23, 2015, 09:48:54 AM »

"Daddy I hate the thought of being the kid of the Bull's head coach in one of the best cities in America and being a millionaire at a private school."

Kids don't think like this though. To a 17 year old and two 12 year olds it isn't Ames vs. Amazing Chicago and the magic mile. It's being the most popular kids in school, with lots of friends, being bosses on your sports teams, and always getting crap from grandma and grandpa vs. none of that. Teens and preteens don't give a crap about what adults think is great about the big city.  Those kids are freaking royalty and have all they want. Besides like I said if he took the bulls job there's no reason why his family has to move right now, at least for the kid who's a junior in high school to graduate.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 23, 2015, 09:55:59 AM »
Eh. The Mayor is probs already thinking about retirement. Iowa was voted best place to retire

http://www.kwwl.com/story/28588097/2015/03/23/iowa-among-best-states-to-retire-in
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 23, 2015, 11:57:48 AM »

Kids don't think like this though. To a 17 year old and two 12 year olds it isn't Ames vs. Amazing Chicago and the magic mile. It's being the most popular kids in school, with lots of friends, being bosses on your sports teams, and always getting crap from grandma and grandpa vs. none of that. Teens and preteens don't give a crap about what adults think is great about the big city.  Those kids are freaking royalty and have all they want. Besides like I said if he took the bulls job there's no reason why his family has to move right now, at least for the kid who's a junior in high school to graduate.
Also the easy travel schedule for a college coach allows Hoi to spend much more time with his kids, attend their games, etc.  It's not like Hoi immediately jumped into coaching when his heart issue ended his playing career, I am not sure he has a burning desire to prove he can win in the NBA.

Imagine Hoi turning it down and then Self taking the Bulls job, the roster is ideal for how he wants to play and the one and done game is not really working out great for him right now. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 23, 2015, 12:03:05 PM »

still I think it would be best for the kids' futures to have daddy make a lot more money and go to an elite Chicago private school. (at least for the yung uns)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: March 23, 2015, 12:03:27 PM »
competitors want to compete at the highest level in their sport.
i really can't imagine someone with his fire thinking that he doesn't want to coach the best players in the world and try to win a championship.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 23, 2015, 12:29:34 PM »

Also the easy travel schedule for a college coach allows Hoi to spend much more time with his kids, attend their games, etc.  It's not like Hoi immediately jumped into coaching when his heart issue ended his playing career, I am not sure he has a burning desire to prove he can win in the NBA.

Imagine Hoi turning it down and then Self taking the Bulls job, the roster is ideal for how he wants to play and the one and done game is not really working out great for him right now.
I have been saying for a long time that the NBA lifestyle suits Self. A different five-star hotel every night. No annoying wife along for the ride. Lots of NBA hangers-on in the lobby. It's a dream for a playboy like Bill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 23, 2015, 02:43:55 PM »
Fun fact: Hoiberg's daughter is attending KU in the fall.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 23, 2015, 02:50:26 PM »

I have been saying for a long time that the NBA lifestyle suits Self. A different five-star hotel every night. No annoying wife along for the ride. Lots of NBA hangers-on in the lobby. It's a dream for a playboy like Bill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Self would slay boy band amounts of tail if he were an NBA coach.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 23, 2015, 03:01:02 PM »
Fun fact: Hoiberg's daughter is attending KU in the fall.

Sounds like Hoiberg loves his daughter about as much as Seff loves his wife.