Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4684161 times)

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #17825 on: August 18, 2014, 10:22:03 PM »
Hud's Oooohhhh Yeeeaaaa was great

The Big Train

« Reply #17826 on: August 18, 2014, 10:22:10 PM »
#8str8 #BeRoyal #OurTime

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17827 on: August 18, 2014, 10:23:25 PM »
  :Woot:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17828 on: August 18, 2014, 10:24:24 PM »
Business trip gentlemen.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17829 on: August 18, 2014, 10:24:40 PM »
we are really good you guys

I was 19 the last time the Roys were 14 games over .500.

:surprised:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17830 on: August 18, 2014, 10:25:04 PM »
omg Ryan is such a baby  :lol:

What did he do now

pissed off at Arcia for taking his time running the bases after his HR. Then got mad at a fan for whistling too loud. was all LOL

Omg lol

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17831 on: August 18, 2014, 10:27:17 PM »
Nice job Mr Washburn Rural. Sheesh.

It's not his fault. There's only one baseball school in Topeka, and it's not Washburn Rural.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #17832 on: August 18, 2014, 10:30:12 PM »
Nice job Mr Washburn Rural. Sheesh.

It's not his fault. There's only one baseball school in Topeka, and it's not Washburn Rural.
Pfft.

The Big Train

« Reply #17833 on: August 18, 2014, 10:30:45 PM »
we are really good you guys

I was 19 the last time the Roys were 14 games over .500.

:surprised:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17834 on: August 18, 2014, 10:35:30 PM »
a friend's son broke the 13 second little K running bases record

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #17835 on: August 18, 2014, 10:43:36 PM »
What do you think they'll do with Hosmer when he comes back? Let him dh a lil bit to see how he hits? Stick him right back at first and put Billy back to dh?
I'm purple down

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17836 on: August 18, 2014, 10:46:28 PM »
What do you think they'll do with Hosmer when he comes back? Let him dh a lil bit to see how he hits? Stick him right back at first and put Billy back to dh?

I would say DH and slowly bring him back, but my inner royal tells me he will be 1B and batting 3rd in the lineup.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17837 on: August 18, 2014, 10:47:08 PM »

Has to be putting him back at 1st...he's too good to keep him off the field.

The Big Train

« Reply #17838 on: August 18, 2014, 10:48:00 PM »
dh for 15ish games slowly working him back into the lineup, billy hasn't hurt us as much defensively as i thought he would

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17839 on: August 18, 2014, 10:49:23 PM »

Billy's been serviceable, nothing atrocious.  And whether it's coincidence or not, his hitting has been parallel to playing first.  It's not about Hoz ability to play first.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17840 on: August 18, 2014, 10:54:39 PM »

Billy's been serviceable, nothing atrocious.  And whether it's coincidence or not, his hitting has been parallel to playing first.  It's not about Hoz ability to play first.

That's what I think they will do....bring him back a few games at DH I'm sure but he will be back at 1st w/in a week.  Billy did his job as the back-up first baseman (I do think he bats better when he plays the field).  Hopefully they won't eff with the batting order though.

The Big Train

« Reply #17841 on: August 18, 2014, 10:57:53 PM »

That's what I think they will do....bring him back a few games at DH I'm sure but he will be back at 1st w/in a week.  Billy did his job as the back-up first baseman (I do think he bats better when he plays the field).  Hopefully they won't eff with the batting order though.

there shouldn't be any huge rush to get him back tho, billy has done fine, no need to risk another set back.  we will need his d in the postseason if we make it, but we also could use his bat, so why risk it on games where billy can handle it on his own?

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17842 on: August 18, 2014, 11:00:12 PM »

[/b]

Pretty tall order for Ned

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17843 on: August 18, 2014, 11:01:02 PM »

there shouldn't be any huge rush to get him back tho, billy has done fine, no need to risk another set back.  we will need his d in the postseason if we make it, but we also could use his bat, so why risk it on games where billy can handle it on his own?

Maybe you are right....question was what do we think they will do...that's my guess as to what they will do.  I wouldn't have a problem with that either....do you wait for Billy to not make a play that Hoz would, then make the switch?  You put your best players on the field....Hosmer > Butler.  I agree don't rush him back and a couple games at DH can't hurt to get him back to MLB pitching.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #17844 on: August 18, 2014, 11:02:38 PM »
Lol at all the Ned hate during this ride. A lot of haters trying to cover their asses.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:12:00 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17845 on: August 18, 2014, 11:03:16 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17846 on: August 18, 2014, 11:03:23 PM »
hos can sit his entitled spoiled ass on the bench and rot. billy is better. much better. and it's not close.

this one was for you cf3  :eye:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17847 on: August 18, 2014, 11:05:10 PM »
Lol at all the Ned hate during this ride. A lot go haters trying to cover their asses.

ackowledging that the royals are winning in spite of ned rather than because of him is not a case of "cover their asses"

try to stop being a complete idiot sometime. good grief.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

The Big Train

« Reply #17848 on: August 18, 2014, 11:06:00 PM »

Maybe you are right....question was what do we think they will do...that's my guess as to what they will do.  I wouldn't have a problem with that either....do you wait for Billy to not make a play that Hoz would, then make the switch?  You put your best players on the field....Hosmer > Butler.  I agree don't rush him back and a couple games at DH can't hurt to get him back to MLB pitching.

yeah i mean billy has been playing for a while now since hos has been out, there isn't going to be a single play where you say, yep, hos needs to be in.  idk i just think that billy plays well enough(sure as crap better than i thought he would do) and until you know hos can come back and play 100% don't force it.  we have played better without him since the break anyways so..

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17849 on: August 18, 2014, 11:09:14 PM »
Lol at all the Ned hate during this ride. A lot go haters trying to cover their asses.

you luv everybody tho  :D