Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1499121 times)

Tobias, Duncan and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS KINGDOM, REID DAWN RISING, SEA OF RED, ARROWHEAD PRIDE
« Reply #6400 on: August 18, 2014, 11:23:53 PM »
Look at j-dub over analyzing the preseason. :love:

if you don't think this o-line and secondary are complete garbage then i can't help you.
do you not read my posts? Do you just see A. Smith, Gronk out, and write filth?

The Big Train

« Reply #6401 on: August 18, 2014, 11:33:53 PM »
to be fair to j-dub, this thread is 257 pages long

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: August 18, 2014, 11:37:08 PM »
Look at j-dub over analyzing the preseason. :love:

if you don't think this o-line and secondary are complete garbage then i can't help you.
do you not read my posts? Do you just see A. Smith, Gronk out, and write filth?

yes i saw it. then i saw you contradict yourself by lol'ing at the "preseason"

and hey, bud, let's not bring gronk into this..  :shy:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: August 18, 2014, 11:40:13 PM »
the NFL season is 16 games, unless we play games in the postseason thats all i watch

just 16 games for you this year  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: August 18, 2014, 11:49:39 PM »
i've been over this many times, but we could have easily drafted drew brees, aaron rodgers, colin kaepernick and russel wilson.

going forward, we need to be proactive in targeting qb prospects. we simply need to change the mindset, organizationally.

i think dorsey and reid may in fact do that. we'll see. gonna have a lot of picks next year..

Just want to point out that other than Brees in SD each of those QBs was inserted into the lineup the exact opposite way of the way you're advocating.

I'm all in favor of aggressively targeting QB prospects, but as I've said before let's go the Seattle route and build a solid roster, then target a QB that is relatively cheap for a couple years.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6405 on: August 18, 2014, 11:56:30 PM »
i've been over this many times, but we could have easily drafted drew brees, aaron rodgers, colin kaepernick and russel wilson.

going forward, we need to be proactive in targeting qb prospects. we simply need to change the mindset, organizationally.

i think dorsey and reid may in fact do that. we'll see. gonna have a lot of picks next year..

Just want to point out that other than Brees in SD each of those QBs was inserted into the lineup the exact opposite way of the way you're advocating.

I'm all in favor of aggressively targeting QB prospects, but as I've said before let's go the Seattle route and build a solid roster, then target a QB that is relatively cheap for a couple years.

Many teams could've "easily" drafted those players.  It's easy to point out misses in the draft or who we could've drafted after the fact. I understand the chiefs haven't drafted a high round qb in forever, but you know how many QB misses there were in each of the drafts of the qbs you just listed?

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: August 18, 2014, 11:59:14 PM »

i'm not talking about how to "insert" them into the lineup. i'm talking about getting them on the roster in the first place
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: August 19, 2014, 12:08:18 AM »

Many teams could've "easily" drafted those players.  It's easy to point out misses in the draft or who we could've drafted after the fact. I understand the chiefs haven't drafted a high round qb in forever, but you know how many QB misses there were in each of the drafts of the qbs you just listed?

after greg hill was a disappointment they didn't draft anymore rb's huh? and when trezzele jenkins was a bust they stopped drafting tackles too, right? what about when ryan sims was a waste of space? nope, can't draft anymore dt's. how about snoop morris? stopped drafting wr's after that right?

qb is the most position on the field. it's the only position that the chiefs are terrified of "wasting" draft picks on. but they're more than willing to go back to the well in the 1st and 2nd rd after wasting picks on various busts at every other position.

you and every other chiefs fan like you needs to stop with the "a lot of teams passed on those guys" argument. because those teams, just like us, didn't play (and 3 out of 4 won) in the super bowl like the smart teams who drafted those qb's (lol san diego). dare to be great. stop making excuses. is that so much to ask for pete sake.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: August 19, 2014, 12:35:05 AM »

after greg hill was a disappointment they didn't draft anymore rb's huh? and when trezzele jenkins was a bust they stopped drafting tackles too, right? what about when ryan sims was a waste of space? nope, can't draft anymore dt's. how about snoop morris? stopped drafting wr's after that right?

qb is the most position on the field. it's the only position that the chiefs are terrified of "wasting" draft picks on. but they're more than willing to go back to the well in the 1st and 2nd rd after wasting picks on various busts at every other position.

you and every other chiefs fan like you needs to stop with the "a lot of teams passed on those guys" argument. because those teams, just like us, didn't play (and 3 out of 4 won) in the super bowl like the smart teams who drafted those qb's (lol san diego). dare to be great. stop making excuses. is that so much to ask for pete sake.

Oh, STFU captain hindsight.  Armchair GMs are so rough ridin' great.  Every teams entire scouting and draft staff are complete morons along with the rest of us.  We should've seen that 3rd rounder be a Super Bowl winner, we should've picked tom in the 5th!  How many 1st rounders turn out to be complete dogshit?

1st rounders since 1996:  cutler, Vince young, leinhart, Quinn, Jamarcus Russell,  flacco, Matt Ryan, freeman, Sanchez, stafford, tebow, Bradford, ponder, gabbert, locker, Newton, tannehill, rg3, luck, EJ manual.

There's a crap ton of talent carrying their teams to the promised land!  If we go into the 2 pond rounders, your gonna hear from the greats like Brohm, john beck, pat white, clausen, and Kellen Clemens. 

It's a god damn lottery.  No one knows who will be great.  Seriously, go back to your "favorite colors" and root for the donkeys, flip flopper.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: August 19, 2014, 12:36:07 AM »

Oh, STFU captain hindsight.  Armchair GMs are so rough ridin' great.  Every teams entire scouting and draft staff are complete morons along with the rest of us.  We should've seen that 3rd rounder be a Super Bowl winner, we should've picked tom in the 5th!  How many 1st rounders turn out to be complete dogshit?

1st rounders since 1996:  cutler, Vince young, leinhart, Quinn, Jamarcus Russell,  flacco, Matt Ryan, freeman, Sanchez, stafford, tebow, Bradford, ponder, gabbert, locker, Newton, tannehill, rg3, luck, EJ manual.

There's a crap ton of talent carrying their teams to the promised land!  If we go into the 2 pond rounders, your gonna hear from the greats like Brohm, john beck, pat white, clausen, and Kellen Clemens. 

It's a god damn lottery.  No one knows who will be great.  Seriously, go back to your "favorite colors" and root for the donkeys, flip flopper.

:lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: August 19, 2014, 07:24:07 AM »
What is they say about the lottery?  You can't win, if you don't play, or something like that?

How is drafting a QB in the 1st round any more of a lottery than a QB garnered in FA or trade?   

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: August 19, 2014, 08:29:11 AM »
Dub has a point. I mean this is the cf3 KC sports board and j-dub follows him around in it, but these two dorks can't stay out of Colorado. I mean cf3 is literally there right now and is heading to a rockies game later. J-dub lived there less than a year ago and is obsessed with Elway. What's going on here?!

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: August 19, 2014, 09:35:29 AM »
Dub has a point. I mean this is the cf3 KC sports board and j-dub follows him around in it, but these two dorks can't stay out of Colorado. I mean cf3 is literally there right now and is heading to a rockies game later. J-dub lived there less than a year ago and is obsessed with Elway. What's going on here?!

cf3 is king of the baseball thread. but he follows my lead in football. keep up dipshit.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: August 19, 2014, 09:50:01 AM »
Ok, I think the biggest problem right here is that we have j-dub posting, followed by dub.  We have 2 "dubs"? I am confused and don't know who to believe.....

One dub is right in that the talking heads that say, we should have drafted Wilson, brees, caperneck(?), are full of crap....so did 31 other teams....duh?

I think the frustrating part is that this organization is so stupid that they haven't taken the chance on a QB, hell not just in the first round, but in the first 3 rounds in like 96 years, or however old Todd Blackledge is these days.......what a franchise killer he was.....

You can't get a franchise QB is you don't freakin draft for one......

Just wait for about 6-7 years and we will trade for yet another 49 QB, when he is past his prime......
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: August 19, 2014, 09:55:46 AM »

cf3 is king of the baseball thread. but he follows my lead in football. keep up dipshit.
:sdeek:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #6416 on: August 19, 2014, 10:10:29 AM »
You can do a lot of things and make up for a lot of deficiencies when you have a strong offensive line.

The Chiefs should have invested in that.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: August 19, 2014, 10:18:45 AM »
You can do a lot of things and make up for a lot of deficiencies when you have a strong offensive line.

The Chiefs should have invested in that.

see 2003. see 0 playoff victories.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: August 19, 2014, 10:27:20 AM »

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: August 19, 2014, 10:33:33 AM »
Ok, I think the biggest problem right here is that we have j-dub posting, followed by dub.  We have 2 "dubs"? I am confused and don't know who to believe.....

One dub is right in that the talking heads that say, we should have drafted Wilson, brees, caperneck(?), are full of crap....so did 31 other teams....duh?

I think the frustrating part is that this organization is so stupid that they haven't taken the chance on a QB, hell not just in the first round, but in the first 3 rounds in like 96 years, or however old Todd Blackledge is these days.......what a franchise killer he was.....

You can't get a franchise QB is you don't freakin draft for one......

Just wait for about 6-7 years and we will trade for yet another 49 QB, when he is past his prime......

that, in essence, is my entire point. and the chiefs are the only franchise who are too afraid to do it.

and it's not "captain hindsight" to know drafting russell wilson rather than a project tackle/guard (donald stephenson) in the 3rd round is a good idea. i was pounding the table and shouting at the tv to draft wilson. dub is right in that it's a crapshoot. that's why you take your shots when they are there.

the aaron rodgers situation is a perfect example. the chiefs thought they needed a linebacker (they did) so they drafted DJamer. and he's been great. he's one of the best linebackers in the game. he wasn't a bad pick, in fact he was a pretty damn good pick. but he's a linebacker. they don't impact the game like a qb does. and 9 picks later, the pack lucked into the best qb in the game. and they've won a super bowl while the chiefs are still trying to win a playoff game.

yeah, the DJamer pick was good. but picking aaron rodgers would have been much much better. and if the chiefs pass on DJamer and end up with a qb bust, what have they really lost? they haven't won a single significant game the entire time DJamer has been here.

qb prospect > over every other prospect.

this isn't hard people.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6420 on: August 19, 2014, 10:40:08 AM »
Just imagine where this franchise would be if j-dub worked for the chiefs!  :Ugh:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: August 19, 2014, 11:54:17 AM »
Dub eviscerated j-dub  :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: August 19, 2014, 12:00:08 PM »
this is the worst thread

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: August 19, 2014, 12:10:45 PM »
Every Eagles Fan I know says, "Told ya so".

The Chiefs passed the ball TWENTY-FIVE times in the second half in that game against the Colts. Whyyyyyyyyy??? Why would you do that? This team was averaging 4.7 yards per carry that game. Knile Davis was DESTROYING the Colts. And yet here is Andy Reid, who can never help himself, calling eight million passes and extending the game by 50 hours. Jesus. It's like the polar inverse of Martyball. Every year, fans scream at Andy Reid to run the ball more when his team is running well and he never listens. Why does he hate running the ball? Does it remind him of exercise? By the way, Jamaal Charles got a new contract this offseason. Which means it will be twice as infuriating when Andy Reid doesn't run him enough.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #6424 on: August 19, 2014, 12:36:57 PM »
One of the reasons I can never go beyond casual NFL fan is the "Draft a QB" zealots.

You can count the number of sure thing draft picks on one freaking hand in the past two decades:

2012 - Andrew Luck
2011 - Cam Newton
2008 - Matt Ryan
2005 - Aaron Rodgers (this is the only arguable screw up)
1998 - Peyton Manning

Every single one of those guys had everything: size, arm, intelligence, absolute collegiate domination.  They were the model NFL QB's.  You could absolutely bank on them being an NFL success. 

Beyond that, every single guy has had an element of risk.  Every.  Single.  One.

For every one of those franchise QB's, and that includes Flacco, Rothlisberger, etc. that were drafted in the first round, I can give you three versions of Cade McNown's and Chad Pennington's.

I'm not absolving the Chiefs of having a horrible QB strategy the past, I don't know, 20 years, but there's no magic pixie dust saying drafting a QB in the first two rounds will work.