Author Topic: WVU game thread  (Read 10249 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: WVU game thread
« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2021, 05:10:41 PM »
Congrats guys we are v good

Prob p good, but … still good!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 13, 2021, 07:54:29 PM »
Wait we get to keep the ball??

LMAO

Yea I wonder if it counts when the penalty happens. Like what if he threw a bullet and got roughed after the pick

Roughing the passer is a live ball penalty. The QB remains a passer until the ball is incomplete or the defense gains possession. Throwing a pass is similar to sliding in the manner that the passer is considered to give himself up when the pass is thrown.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2021, 07:56:23 PM »
lol at the doinked xp

New kicker. Our starting kicker left the team. got injured and quit football.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2021, 07:59:52 PM »
eff Kliegoober and this bullshit. 3 TOs and ball is on the 37 with 33 seconds left. We have a 6th year QB we trust and we won't even rough ridin' try.

lol. Just so there is a historical marker. K-State was up 17-3 when this post was made.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2021, 08:10:26 PM »
Just logged on to say this is the most enjoyable game of the season.  :emawkid:

1a. TCU
1b. Tree
3. Hills Aggie

I agree if Hills Aggie was 1, and then TCU 2a with Tree 2b.  :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2021, 08:23:07 PM »
Go Cats. Nice win and fun to watch.

Am I just getting cranky in my old age or do the lines for concessions take ten times longer than they used to?

from crowd shots it blows my mind that there were concession lines

You're really overselling this, the crowd went as packed as it usually is but let's not act like the place was a ghost town.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2021, 09:01:14 PM »
We're getting soft in our riches, and that's ok. It was early and pretty cold. The game looks pretty good on 90" in your basement bar.

:kstategrad:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 09:04:30 PM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2021, 12:00:55 AM »
eff Kliegoober and this bullshit. 3 TOs and ball is on the 37 with 33 seconds left. We have a 6th year QB we trust and we won't even rough ridin' try.

lol. Just so there is a historical marker. K-State was up 17-3 when this post was made.

lol.  Some people don't deserve good things

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2021, 02:06:02 AM »
Just logged on to say this is the most enjoyable game of the season.  :emawkid:

1a. TCU
1b. Tree
3. Hills Aggie

I agree if Hills Aggie was 1, and then TCU 2a with Tree 2b.  :cheers:

And then UT and OU losing to finish me off 🤤

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 14, 2021, 08:19:58 AM »

Mich and Chings were singing the same tune too unfortunately

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2021, 09:17:26 AM »

Wackyman it’s okay to acknowledge there was a point in the 4th quarter where, if not for an amazing 4th and 8 conversion, wvu would have had the ball down only 7. The score was not indicative of how close the game was and you know that. The outcome was very much in question for most of the game

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2021, 10:00:02 AM »
I live with zeal BAC! I never had a doubt! :gocho:

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2021, 10:05:40 AM »
I’m jealous my dude. Wish I had that kind of zeal!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2021, 10:18:23 AM »
 :D

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2021, 02:48:09 PM »

Wackyman it’s okay to acknowledge there was a point in the 4th quarter where, if not for an amazing 4th and 8 conversion, wvu would have had the ball down only 7. The score was not indicative of how close the game was and you know that. The outcome was very much in question for most of the game

I agree with most of this with the exception that the outcome was very much in question for most of the game. That game felt over at the end of the first quarter and there was no tension until that 4th down. I don't know how it watched on television but there was no tension, anxiety, or excitement in that stadium until it was cut to 7 and that tension and anxiety didn't last long. They got knocked out quicker than they scored those 2 fourth quarter touchdowns.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2021, 08:36:30 PM »

I agree with most of this with the exception that the outcome was very much in question for most of the game. That game felt over at the end of the first quarter and there was no tension until that 4th down. I don't know how it watched on television but there was no tension, anxiety, or excitement in that stadium until it was cut to 7 and that tension and anxiety didn't last long. They got knocked out quicker than they scored those 2 fourth quarter touchdowns.

That’s fair, I wasn’t at the game so I have no idea how the vibe was in person. I wish I would have felt the same way bc from my vantage point we only had 2 good offensive possessions and otherwise special teams was the only reason we had a lead. Obviously everything worked out and I do think the better team won, but if we didn’t convert that 4th I think the score would have been a lot closer

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 14, 2021, 08:39:33 PM »
It felt a lot like the tech game

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2021, 08:56:11 PM »

But like the opposite you mean? Because we were getting our asses kicked in the tech game.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2021, 08:56:45 PM »

But like the opposite you mean? Because we were getting our asses kicked in the tech game.
Yes

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2021, 10:20:51 PM »

That’s fair, I wasn’t at the game so I have no idea how the vibe was in person. I wish I would have felt the same way bc from my vantage point we only had 2 good offensive possessions and otherwise special teams was the only reason we had a lead. Obviously everything worked out and I do think the better team won, but if we didn’t convert that 4th I think the score would have been a lot closer

I think we would have lost. ESPN win probability still had us at 86% even after they scored to cut it to 7, which is in line with MIR's perspective. I was shitting bricks at the time, and had started to get  :ohno: when we missed that FG. Their offense had churned pretty good to start the half.

Looking back that drive to put us back up by 14 was a pretty phenomenal response.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2021, 08:56:17 AM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
WVU game thread
« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2021, 08:58:40 AM »

Yes watching at home there was really no tension for me until that moment, but even then the only thing that really changed was WVU put some drives together. Our offense looked pretty sharp most of the game and even if we didn’t convert and WVU tied it up, I would have been pretty confident we score on the next drive.

I feel like the final score was actually a very fair indicator of how close the game was. It ended very similar to how it started.