Author Topic: We look like crap  (Read 20142 times)

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: We look like crap
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2016, 08:39:25 PM »
Do what you want with this.

So CK improved and Ertz is getting worse.

Congratulations, you win the "idiot of the week" award.

On the totals, other than the rushing TD's and Yards per passing attempts, everything else is almost similar.

And you can't sit here and tell me that he's not going to get better in year 2. It has been well established that starting QB's from year 1 to year 2 has improved across the board.

This will be no different, and expectations should be 9+ wins next year.

He's not going to get better. I will be surprised if he actually finishes next season as the starter. He already has peaked and sadly is most likely another knee injury away from being disabled.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2016, 09:15:24 PM »
I watched some amazingly painfully offensive football in 2011.  The game @Texas immediately comes to mind.  Easter Kentucky was awful.

This team is ahead of where the 2011 team was, offensively, by 0.65 yards a play.  Now, that could change in the next two games because we'll be playing better teams, but the offense is coming around. 

Jesse is 100 yards of passing and 225 yards of rushing shy of 1500/1000.  The only two guys to pass 1000 yards passing and rushing in a year in Snyder's tenure are 2002 Roberson (1580/1032) and 2011 Klein (1918/1141).  In terms of yards per play, Jesse is doing about a yard better than Klein, and about a yard worse than Ell.

I fully support any critique of Jesse that includes his durability.  But, statistically, this offense isn't awful. This is the best rushing team in Snyder 2.0 and Jesse has a lot to do with that.  Once they added the actual option to the offense, as opposed to the pure zone read, things really took off.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2016, 09:24:09 PM »
Another thing about next year...

Going into next season, we theoretically have the following starters figured out:

QB1: Ertz
RB1: Barnes
FB1: Dimel
WR1: Pringle
WR2: Heath
TE1: Valentine
LT1: Fitzner
LG1: Beecham
C: Navjar
RT1: Risner

That entire unit that has been taking snaps all year as starters will be taking #1 snaps during bowl season, spring practice, player led 7 on 7 in the offseason, and fall camp.  Between the TCU game and September of next year, essentially the entire offense will have about 9 weeks of structured practice with no competition taking away snaps from the starting unit.

And Carlos Strickland will be coming off his redshirt next year to provide a lift to the WR corps.

There is reason for optimism.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2016, 09:36:57 PM »
Ertz is going to have surgery after the bowl game on his shoulder and won't be taking any snaps in spring practice or probably any summer 7 on 7 either fwiw.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2016, 09:45:52 PM »
So he shouldn't have any trouble focusing on passing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2016, 09:48:55 PM »

Going into next season, we theoretically have the following starters figured out:

That entire unit that has been taking snaps all year as starters will be taking #1 snaps during bowl season, spring practice, player led 7 on 7 in the offseason, and fall camp.  Between the TCU game and September of next year, essentially the entire offense will have about 9 weeks of structured practice with no competition taking away snaps from the starting unit.

And Carlos Strickland will be coming off his redshirt next year to provide a lift to the WR corps.

You aren't wrong. IMO.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2016, 12:13:19 AM »
Ertz is going to have surgery after the bowl game on his shoulder and won't be taking any snaps in spring practice or probably any summer 7 on 7 either fwiw.

This is best case scenario. Will provide Skylar with time to practice with the starters.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2016, 01:36:41 AM »
i'm not sure that MiR and the coaches share the same hope that ertz be allowed to develop as a passer.  bill's offense is what bill's offense does.

Reading your posts I think you know I was referring to this but I was talking less about Sisco and more about our offense. There is no one alive that can survive it at quarterback; not Collin Klein, not Cam Newton, not even Winston Dimel. We lost to Baylor in '12 because we had half of a quarterback.

i'm not sure what part of my post was confusing but when was the last season we didn't have a mumped up QB?
bill isn't going to change his offense other than to limit passes he doesn't think his qb can make; see- delton yesterday
he's going to continue to ram his qb into bigger stronger and faster players without giving any fucks about it

I was clumsily attempting to express agreement with you.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2016, 01:46:25 AM »

This is best case scenario. Will provide Skylar with time to practice with the starters.

A player busting his ass for your pleasure having surgery is a "best case scenario?" I'm going to give you credit and will assume you are not as big of a piece of crap as your post made you sound, be better dude.

As for Sisco, I understand that they don't even know what the hell is exactly wrong with the shoulder yet so it could be as simple as a scope or as intrusive as having to use cadaver bone and cartilage to reconstruct the shoulder. My wish is that the staff strongly encourages him to get the work done when the semester is over, but doing what's best for the student athlete is probably too much to ask.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2016, 09:28:47 AM »
The K-State Offense:  Keeping orthopedic surgeons in new vacation homes since 1989

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2016, 09:30:33 AM »
seriously, who was the last Snyder QB that didn't have an offseason shoulder surgery? Carson? And before that...???

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2016, 03:17:17 PM »

I'm assuming you meant LT1: Frantz and RG1: Fitzner

Damn!  He trippin' so hard fans are gonna think he done fell off!

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2016, 12:26:08 AM »

I'm assuming you meant LT1: Frantz and RG1: Fitzner

Damn!  He trippin' so hard fans are gonna think he done fell off!

LT1: Frantz, yes. Typo.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2016, 11:04:57 AM »
next year will shape up nicely.

ive come to appreciate ertz for what he is. a solid p5 starter nothing more nothing less

real question is who will qb2 be?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2016, 11:29:38 AM »

ive come to appreciate ertz for what he is. a solid p5 starter nothing more nothing less

i regret to inform you that ertz will not stay healthy in his career at ksu cats.  our back ups are as, or more, important than he is.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2016, 11:32:14 AM »

i regret to inform you that ertz will not stay healthy in his career at ksu cats.  our back ups are as, or more, important than he is.
yeah, i get it.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2016, 12:41:37 PM »

Maybe Delton will beat him out, but I'm guessing Thompson.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2016, 01:23:12 PM »

yeah, i get it.
no you don't

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2016, 01:28:44 PM »

yeah, i get it.
no you don't
what am i missing mr. clams if you dont mind?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2016, 03:34:34 PM »

yeah, i get it.
no you don't
what am i missing mr. clams if you dont mind?

i don't know

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2016, 10:02:34 PM »
“We don’t want him to get injured to the point that he can’t play,” Snyder said. “That would be inappropriate for us. The other two (quarterbacks) were healthy and it made sense to do that.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article117824318.html#storylink=cpy

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2016, 10:16:14 PM »
it's rough ridin' stupid, LHC Bill Snyder is a psychopath and should be charged with multiple felonies

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2016, 11:39:53 PM »
oh man that's an awesome quote

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2016, 11:32:50 AM »
Ertz still looks like crap.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2016, 12:00:05 PM »
Ertz still looks like crap.
You know who really looks like crap; our rough ridin' OC's!!!  We got a hurt player leading in rushing when we got 4 rough ridin' capable running backs!
Hot time in Kat town tonight.