Author Topic: Snyder Writes NDSU QB a Congratulatory Note, Wins Heart of Nation  (Read 33957 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Snyder Writes NDSU QB a Congratulatory Note, Wins Heart of Nation
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2013, 06:27:57 AM »
no crease on that note. crisp as crap.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2013, 06:36:27 AM »
It would be pretty cool if Snyder sent one of these to Al Golden last year.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2013, 07:18:24 AM »
To be honest it kinda pisses me off. If you love them so much Snyd's why don't you just go coach them :curse:

I'm sure some of our players feel the same way. Which might be part of the intent.

Schemer's gonna scheme.

I thought the same thing, especially the odd "error free" part.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2013, 07:21:27 AM »
Coach Snyder spoke to many visiting teams in their locker room after games when we were destroying non-con opponents here. Their coaches always praised him for it.

They always said the right thing the media, but I'm sure most of them thought he was a prick for doing it.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2013, 08:17:44 AM »
According to Shaggy, Bill has sent similar notes to Mack Brown in the past:

Dear Mack,

I wanted to send a quick note telling you how much of a gentleman you are. No other coach is as gracious as you are after yet another humiliating defeat. The way you constantly praise me, my staff, and my players after each game has done much to add longevity to my career and sustain our recruiting. I know your are catching heat in Austin right now, but I want you to know that no single person in the Big XII has done more to ensure competitive balance in the league than you have. It would not be nearly as entertaining for the fans of the other schools if Texas were a football juggernaut like they used to be. I hope you make it to 2020.

Sincerely,
 LHC Bill Snyder

P.S. Tell Miss Sally I really enjoyed the oatmeal raisin cookies. The extra plump raisins do wonders for my 74 yr old plumbing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2013, 08:22:52 AM »
Bill seems to struggle with time management.

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2013, 08:23:21 AM »
honestly I think it's stupid...if you want to tell the kid good job do it after the game like most coaches do. don't need to write a letter, honestly if I was a KSU player it would piss me off.
Maybe your qb will get a letter from south Dakotas coach
titletown..lulz

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2013, 08:25:37 AM »
Also, file this under things white midwesterners love the crap out of. It went K-State viral.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2013, 08:26:08 AM »
Does anyone remember what North Dakota State quarterback Brock Jensen said after the game.  He was in tears and said this was the greatest win ever for NDSU.  So this was their Super Bowl; and much better win than the two FCS championship wins.
If I was Snyder, I'll send the boy something to remember his greatest achievement.  Guys. it doesn't get any better than this.  :kstatriot:
Id say in terms of magnitude, and how much it puts NDSU on the map nationally, this trumps the 2 FCS championships combined. Every football fan knows a hell of a lot more about NDSU than they did after the two championships.

The two championships(and if you want to count the 8 D2 ones) mean more to the program than the KState win. If that makes any sense.

This one is just on a whole new level of awesome.
I bet you guys are gonna glue it on the team van,right next to the NC decals

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2013, 08:30:37 AM »
Does anyone remember what North Dakota State quarterback Brock Jensen said after the game.  He was in tears and said this was the greatest win ever for NDSU.  So this was their Super Bowl; and much better win than the two FCS championship wins.
If I was Snyder, I'll send the boy something to remember his greatest achievement.  Guys. it doesn't get any better than this.  :kstatriot:
Id say in terms of magnitude, and how much it puts NDSU on the map nationally, this trumps the 2 FCS championships combined. Every football fan knows a hell of a lot more about NDSU than they did after the two championships.

The two championships(and if you want to count the 8 D2 ones) mean more to the program than the KState win. If that makes any sense.

Nah..it was an expected outcome
titletown..lulz

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2013, 08:32:08 AM »
why do you dislike this MIR?

The same reason I didn't like when he used to talk to teams that we stomped. Just coach your team get all of that stuff out of the way on the field in the post game handshakes. I'm guessing if Shaq Reed wrote that qb a letter telling him how awesome he was we wouldn't be talking about how awesome it is. Not that it matters but I bet other coaches hate it too.

And carnes is right, its a little god complex-y. And to me it says "You were much better than I thought you'd be, good job little boy" Do you guys think he wrote one of those to Marcus Mariotta or Nick Florence?

Enough reasons?

I love the pen color though and he has great handwriting.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2013, 08:33:04 AM »

I would probably use it as a recruiting tool if I were Bohl: "You too could get an official letter from LHC Bill Snyder when playing here...that's more than recruits for Kansas State can say."  :whistle1:

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2013, 09:28:21 AM »
To be honest it kinda pisses me off. If you love them so much Snyd's why don't you just go coach them :curse:

I'm sure some of our players feel the same way. Which might be part of the intent.

Schemer's gonna scheme.
In reality it shows how much he didn't care about the game. Probably thinks it will help us in the long run

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2013, 10:07:53 AM »
the reason this pisses me off is that snyder was the reason we lost and everyone here could see that the entire second half yet he feels the need to congratulate this kid. it's fine that he did. the kid did well. good for him. it's a nice gesture. WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO CONGRATULATE HIM ON A NICE rough ridin' GAME EVEN THOUGH HIS TEAM LOST, THO!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2013, 10:13:36 AM »
While this particular case is pretty cool, I've never understood why Snyder has gone to talk to the other team on a regular basis.   But many of our fans think it's just awesome, and I think it's pretty disenginious and frankly a little condescending.   It's been a nice turnaround at K-State, and Snyder is worthy of many accolades.   But it's not like there's a $hitpile of crystal footballs busting out the walls of the trophy case.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2013, 10:16:09 AM »
virtualy error free
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2013, 10:17:18 AM »
virtually error free

:lol:
Congrats NDSU, you still mumped up a few times though!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2013, 10:19:55 AM »
thought it was a simple good job letter. pretty cool is what i thought, he's written tons of these and this one just happened to get publicized.

however thankfully goEMAW was here to bring me back to reality and remind me of all the ways that it could be potentially viewed as negative. what a rough ridin' bad person that bill is.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2013, 10:24:22 AM »
I think my biggest problem with it is that "classy" things just annoy the eff out of me. In college sports, class is for pussies.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »
I don't have a problem with a note, I just cringe at the visiting the locker room stuff.

It also bugs me that we still run actual plays when the game is in hand and all we have to do is take a knee.  It's going to get somebody hurt one of these days and frankly it's just a dick move.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2013, 10:34:17 AM »
Nick Saban and LHC Bill Snyder, six similarities and only a billion differences

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2013, 10:35:35 AM »
Bill doesn't give a eff what anybody thinks.. how can you not love that about him?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2013, 10:39:04 AM »
I think my biggest problem with it is that "classy" things just annoy the eff out of me. In college sports, class is for pussies.

I love being classy when we win. I say turn the class up to max classiness after every victory. when we lose I want everyong to STFU and think about what they did to cause us to lose.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2013, 10:39:57 AM »
Bill doesn't give a eff what anybody thinks.. how can you not love that about him?

I seem to recall running a few unneccasary plays at the end of games last year with Sams and on several occassions the tackler went straight at Sams' knees.

Hey great, the guy looks awesome when the other team has given up and basically doesn't give an eff, they just want to get off the field, but by golly we got those extra reps.    :jerk:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2013, 10:40:58 AM »

Oh, he cares very deeply about what people think of him. He wouldn't be doing this crap if he didn't care.