Author Topic: Suburban Dallas / TCU trip reports.  (Read 17009 times)

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Suburban Dallas / TCU trip reports.
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2012, 08:26:14 AM »
Dang I must have missed half the board at Frankie's.  Stopped by after the game and only knew a couple people becuase my buddy that was supposed to join in on the trip backed out last minute.  Should have just thrown up the combo sign I guess and started chugging beer... :cry:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »
Dang I must have missed half the board at Frankie's.  Stopped by after the game and only knew a couple people becuase my buddy that was supposed to join in on the trip backed out last minute.  Should have just thrown up the combo sign I guess and started chugging beer... :cry:

Don't worry, the combo-fan sign doesn't get you as far as you think it does in real life.   :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2012, 11:37:31 AM »

At least a few of us were rocking goEMAW custom designed shirts.  I had an old tuck couple ask for a picture of the Kleinsman7 shirt.
:adios:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2012, 01:07:53 PM »
I'm still recovering and have suffered some memory loss.

Landed at 7:25, our ride was there.  GCCPAkat insisted on picking up his credit card he'd left at the DFW seafood restaurant first and then couldn't resist ordering a dozen oysters that we ate with the airport pickup guy waiting outside the gates.  Went to some BBQ version of hooters to pick up tickets from some random and then stuck around the airport until 8:30 to get a guy flying in from KC.  His flight got delayed so off to Ft. Worth. 

Checked in the Renaissance and walked down to Del Frisco's.  Pretty nice.  I had the Wagyu “longbone."  Finished up there and noticed all the downtown bars were pretty kstateo'd already so we got a cab to 7th street and went to a place that had a 2nd floor "rooftop" bar and got pak'd there.  Then after-hours stuff, bed by 5.

Saturday got going late, found Frankie's filled, found a Mexican hooters with TVs and tables by an open garage window thing that we could set the goEMAW flag up at so did that.  Service sucked so I ordered those 100oz beer towers for myself.  Got pak'd. 

4:30-ish had a cab take us to the stadium.  Further than I thought.  Somehow came to a conclusion that drinking anywhere in public was fine so got as many 12-packs as we could carry at a liquor store halfway there.  Got dropped off and wandered around slamming beers.  Got in every TCU face I could find.  Can't remember it all.  Eventually found bookie pimp and american standard, nice setup.  Went to the gates, GCCPAkat had lost hist ticket and just kind of walked in.  Seats were in the middle of TCU fans.  Some got us, some didn't.  A really fat lady was getting mad at me and I winked at her.  "DON'T YOU rough ridin' WINK AT ME [redacted]!"  As you know, KSU dominated and I told the whole world about it.  Went out at halftime and talked to a TCU'r from Kansas.  She was trying to be gracious and I couldn't help PI her.  Around halftime and thereafter, her and all TCU'rs kind of resigned themselves to what I was doing and that they had to take it and just sort of appreciated it, like it was nice to finally have an elite team's bad person there kicking their asses.  Even the anti-winker and I exchanged blown kisses.   

Game ended, I was an impatient mess, ditched the guys and found my own cab that took forever.  Caught up with everyone and went to Frankie's.  That's pretty well been recapped.  Some TCU version of a FTRILEYO was hitting on a girl at our table via showing her iphone pics of his truck, and I had a good time with that.  They let us stay in and drink all the way til 2, maybe later.  Went outside and somehow it was announced to some loiterers I was Trim and they all needed pics taken with me.  Walked back to the hotel and I was superpak'd jumping on stuff.  At some point I was walking forward but looking behind me and I heard a gong and felt something hard and learned I'd walked right into a street sign.  Didn't hurt at the time.  Has hurt since.  That flight home sucked.  Good times. 

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2016, 06:09:03 AM »
Was awesome. That stadium is impressive. TCU ppl stomp other fanbases with courtesy. Free food, beer, and tickets. I'll probably go every time we play there. Oh, I also saw Daris.  :excited:
Are you going this year?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2016, 06:21:39 AM »
Fun thread to read by the way. Looks like TCU will be a good trip.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2016, 09:02:20 AM »
Fun thread to read by the way.

I'd forgotten a lot of this and especially that I'd had an itch-dallas longbone. So I'm up to 4 now.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2016, 09:10:10 AM »
Was awesome. That stadium is impressive. TCU ppl stomp other fanbases with courtesy. Free food, beer, and tickets. I'll probably go every time we play there. Oh, I also saw Daris.  :excited:
Are you going this year?
I'm on the _fence with it, but I have a bunch of college friends down there and so does Mrs. wacky, so we definitely want to.  :cheers: We're friends with a TCU admissions rep down there from Atchison and she sets us up with a A+ TexMex tailgate. It's fantastic!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2016, 09:13:29 AM »
Apparently a friend of a friend got a TCU student pregnant when we were down there for the Cotton Bowl.   :sdeek:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2016, 09:17:12 AM »
Are you going this year?
I'm on the _fence with it, but I have a bunch of college friends down there and so does Mrs. wacky, so we definitely want to.  :cheers: We're friends with a TCU admissions rep down there from Atchison and she sets us up with a A+ TexMex tailgate. It's fantastic!
We have tickets with some college buds. Twelve of us sitting together. Should be fun.

Definitely going to hit Babe's for some CFS on Friday!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2016, 09:26:34 AM »
You inspired me to call Mrs. Wacky this morning to book this. Thank you! We'll let you know where  all the free treats and washers are when we get there.  :cheers: This will be my 4th trip down there. Cottown bowl and two TCU games. There's a bar that sells out for K-State alumni every time, because he says it's his highest grossing weekend for him.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:42:24 AM by WackyCat08 »

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2016, 09:54:20 AM »
Are you going this year?
We have tickets with some college buds. Twelve of us sitting together. Should be fun.

Which Babe's will you be going to?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2016, 09:56:07 AM »

I'd forgotten a lot of this and especially that I'd had an itch-dallas longbone. So I'm up to 4 now.

To be fair, at the time it occurred, I genuinely thought that you hit that sign intentionally.

:sdeek:
bears are fast...

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2016, 10:14:27 AM »

To be fair, at the time it occurred, I genuinely thought that you hit that sign intentionally.

:sdeek:

It's not every after-hours that Johnny Football has cleared the way for your team to win a national 'ship and your team has just leaped the biggest hurdle on that path.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2016, 10:15:11 AM »
Are you going this year?

Which Babe's will you be going to?
Roanoke. Have a bud that lives in that area.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2016, 10:50:57 AM »

Agree on the TCU fans. I went in 2014 and ended up trading my "Power Towel" for 6 beers from some TCU students, they were so happy to have a piece of KSU lore.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2016, 10:53:16 AM »
Yeah, it's a friendly environment. That's for sure. They're just happy they snuck into a P5 conference. I'm sure that's gotta be a good feeling.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2016, 10:53:48 AM »
Hilton Reward nights booked at Embassy Suites in Ft Worth. AA reward miles for early flight on Friday. Late-ish flight on Sunday. Should be a fun weekend. Go Cats!

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2016, 01:27:08 PM »
Is there anything not shitty about Waco? Buddy and I are gonna go to the Baylor game next Saturday. Anything I should know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2016, 01:40:15 PM »
Is there anything not shitty about Waco? Buddy and I are gonna go to the Baylor game next Saturday. Anything I should know?

traffic seems to suck majorly around the stadium.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2016, 01:42:40 PM »

It's extremely shitty. Pregame in Ft Worth and make sure you have large fully stocked coolers for the drive.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2016, 01:44:40 PM »

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2016, 02:18:37 PM »

It's extremely shitty. Pregame in Ft Worth and make sure you have large fully stocked coolers for the drive.

Traveling from Austin. Worth backtracking?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Suburban Dallas / TCU trip reports.
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2016, 07:34:54 PM »
No

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2016, 07:37:44 PM »
Last time I was in Waco everything was closed. Including the restaurant locals referred us to.

It's comically bad.